Incoming Guild Realm First Achievement - Get ready to help!

guild news, policies, and raid information
Aezelkvalae

Post by Aezelkvalae » March 17th, 2011, 3:46 pm

So, in case anyone was not aware, Forged Alliance is significantly ahead in the race to be the first guild on the server to reach
level 25, and as such spam the server with a Realm First! achievement.

What some people may ALSO not know, is that at guild level 23, the guild experience cap is lifted, and it is an open ended race to the finish.
Also the amount of experience needed for the last two levels is significantly more than previous levels. What this means is that even though we are ahead now, large guilds like Shadowmelded Moonkins and whatnot could end up catching us simply because of their ridiculously huge active player base.

So, in the next couple weeks when we hit 23 be ready to roll. Here is what you can do to help:

Heroics - Get teams of our most geared players together and grind heroics like mad. This gives guild XP, and 5/5 gives 125%.

Daily Quests - Take every 85 character you have to max out their daily quests @ 25. You can knock out 1/2 of this from TB alone.

Level Alts - If you have alts you are planning on leveling, save it till we hit 23, their guild rep will help push us up.

Raiding - We need to make sure our two 10 man raids are healthy and keep their raiding schedule once we hit 23.

I think we all agree we don't want to be the guild responsible for letting Shadowmelded Moonkins get a realm first. :)
I also think that we are one of the few surviving guilds on this server that has been consistently around for a long time. It would
be a nice little nod to our longevity and good for recruitment PR visibility on the server to get a Realm First!

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » March 17th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Ironic how the newest guild member posts this. :P
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » March 17th, 2011, 4:09 pm

On those weeks that we are at levels 23 and 24 would it help if we raided on a Wednesday to get that done? Even if we clear the front 8 or whatever would that be enough rep to help or should we not worry about it?
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » March 17th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Also if we get to a Saturday night and haven't capped for the week then let me know via forums or email and I'll come on and help make sure we get there.

Aezelkvalae

Post by Aezelkvalae » March 17th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Hey, I don't think people should kill themselves or anything. If we don't get it we don't get it, such is life. However, if we do end up not getting it I think it would be a shame to miss it just because people were actively playing but not aware of how they could spend their normal play time to best help out.

Inori

Post by Inori » March 17th, 2011, 6:35 pm

I think we should see how level 23 to level 24 pans out. If SMM or someone else just races ahead of us, we can wave everyone off. Did 50 dailies yesterday and I definitely don't want to ask others in the guild to do it; it just isn't fun.

Note that in terms of dailies, the higher level ones count for more. That means that level 85 dailies (TBPrison, TBPeninsula) count for more guild exp than the level 83 dailies (Therazane).

Oh yeah, I threw down one of the guild banners when turning in the dailies -- didn't boost the amount of guild exp awarded.

-HP

draven

Post by draven » March 17th, 2011, 6:41 pm

i was hoping that no one was going to bring this up, but oh well. i would like to say that this isn't something i can... encourage, for lack of a better word, and warn people that this isn't going to be a day or two grind, but a couple weeks worth if we really go for it. also, are we that far ahead of all the horde guilds as well? or does it track alliance vs horde separately?

that said, it might be kinda nice, although probably not something i would describe as fun. from what i've observed (from memory, so may not be accurate):
each raid boss gives ~750k
each heroic boss gives: ~51k for three people, ~90k for four people, ~140k for five people
each daily gives either ~14k or ~18k
regular quests vary from less than 1k to 30k+

the most efficient way of grinding rep is raids (assuming relative success), followed by heroics. according to wowwiki, it will take 107 millionish to get from 23 to 25.

some maths reveal that if we use two raid cycles to kill 30 raid bosses, we would need at least 120ish full guild heroics, or 185ish with 4 people, to cover the rest. suffice it to say that is a significant amount of time.

some more maths reveal that we are still on track to hit level 23 on the earliest day possible, and that we have a 1.6 million gxp cushion until that is pushed back a day. for those not aware, we missed the cap by 1.25 million yesterday, so if we're actually going to go for this, we probably can't let that happen again.

anywho, just wanted everyone to be aware of what we'd be getting ourselves into ;)

edit: my maths were not entirely accurate, and probably still aren't

draven

Post by draven » March 17th, 2011, 6:51 pm

yah, that's why encourage wasn't the right word. i guess it's more along the lines of it's something that's good to be aware of, but it's not something that should make playing not fun. i assure there is the the evil wow part of my brain that:
a. figured out the maths above
ii. sees there are still an awful lots of quests that i could do
3. figured out that leveling from 80-85 is good for ~5.5 million gxp, and i just happen to have two 80s sitting around...

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » March 18th, 2011, 12:14 am

Yeah I'll be leveling alts to help. If we get enough people to group and grind dungeons we can knock out the "Guild Group Ran XXXX Dungeon" achievements at the same time.

draven

Post by draven » March 18th, 2011, 12:30 am

i suspect my maths may not be valid for heroics, i was getting ~46.5k individually per boss tonight, so that would make it ~235k per boss, and then "only" ~70 full guild heroics, although that may not be correct either. i'll have to try to track the gxp total better during a run to see how much it changes, instead of figuring it out based on individual values.

Aezelkvalae

Post by Aezelkvalae » March 18th, 2011, 12:42 pm

So then really grinding heroics is the fastest way to go? I mean, meh 70 heroics? Some of our groups can knock out 3 clears per hour already. Having 2-3 5 mans rolling for a few nights for a couple hours would be pretty light fare to get it done.

draven

Post by draven » March 18th, 2011, 1:24 pm

i would agree that seems much less intimidating, which is why i don't think that is correct either. fortunately we have time to figure it out before we dive in.

draven

Post by draven » March 18th, 2011, 5:36 pm

this may or may not be useful as well:
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=10&r=Destromath-US

when i first checked, it had smm at level 17 and not updated for a month, but i updated them and it went pretty quick. it seems to track further advanced pve guild better though.

draven

Post by draven » March 19th, 2011, 1:26 am

after further observations:
4 person heroic boss = 148.8k
5 person heroic boss = 232.5k

4 people for 4 bosses = 595.2k
4 people for 5 bosses = 744.4k
5 people for 4 bosses = 930k
5 people for 5 bosses = 1162.5k

reducing the number of bosses to 1 raid lockout: ~15 bosses for a total of 11.25 million
which would mean:
160ish 4 person 4 boss heroics
100ish 5 person 4 boss heroics
127ish 4 person 5 boss heroics
81ish 5 person 5 boss heroics

anywho, i think that's about all the maths i can do for this ;)

Aezelkvalae

Post by Aezelkvalae » March 19th, 2011, 9:56 am

So if we got 3 5 mans running 2 heroics per hour even just a couple hours a night + people doing dailies this could happen pretty fast and painlessly.

draven

Post by draven » March 19th, 2011, 1:57 pm

apparently there are always more maths to be done:
2 5 person groups running 2 heroics per hour = 20 hours of pain
3 5 person groups running 2 heroics per hour = 13 hours of pain
4 5 person groups running 2 heroics per hour = 10 hours of pain

removing raid bosses altogether:
2 5 person groups running 2 heroics per hour = 23 hours of pain
3 5 person groups running 2 heroics per hour = 15 hours of pain
4 5 person groups running 2 heroics per hour = 11.5 hours of pain

we could all just take a day off and be done with it ;)

this is why i didn't want to start thinking about it in the first place, these sorts of things bring out the hardcore tendencies that i try my best to suppress :(

Benvolo

Post by Benvolo » March 19th, 2011, 4:48 pm

If we hit the cap every day, when are we on track to hit level 23 and have the cap removed?

draven

Post by draven » March 19th, 2011, 5:20 pm

i believe we are on track to hit 23 monday, april 4th. that would be one day after one of the horde guilds. also, they have ~150 85s to our ~120.
we are also behind sanctuary, but on the same day. they have ~275 85s though.
therefore we'll have the benefit of seeing if either of those guilds want to go for it first and see where they're at before we can even get started.

Aezelkvalae

Post by Aezelkvalae » March 20th, 2011, 8:40 am

Well, if we can hit the same day, then it is effectively a tie. Anyone can get rolling first and hit 23. The horde guild is the big question mark. If they hit 23 and explode out of the gates it is over.

Inori

Re: Incoming Guild Realm First Achievement - Get ready to he

Post by Inori » April 2nd, 2011, 2:31 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/destr ... chievement

They definitely hit the ground running. They're already level 24.

On an interesting note, according to Guildox, there are two European and one US guild that are already level 25.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/arygo ... 5093:a5407
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/talni ... 5093:a5407
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/nordr ... 5093:a5407

The two European guilds dinged level 25 on March 26. The lone US guild dinged 25 on April 1. TAG had a chance to put Destromath on the map, but they will have to settle for 2nd place US level 25 guild. All of this assumes that the frontrunners are all listed on Guildox.

-HP