ICC25 Raid Scheduling Preview

guild news, policies, and raid information
Inori

ICC25 Raid Scheduling Preview

Post by Inori » April 10th, 2010, 12:37 pm

Not sure if we used up all of our mojo last Tuesday, but we cruised through the first wing, Festergut, and Rotface in just two hours (first trash died at 20:46, Rotface died at 22:46). That gives us access to Professor Putricide whose death is one of three required to unlock access to the Lich King.

My thoughts on how to proceed from here follow.

1) We'll push for Festergut/Rotface on Tuesday night for the next week or two.
2) We will then transition Festergut and Rotface to Thursday night. Tuesday night will be used to push for Blood Prince Council or Valithra Dreamwalker. The thinking behind this is to save the 'known' boss encounters for Thursday night and use our higher attendance Tuesday nights for bosses we are still learning.
3) My inclination at this point is to push for Blood Prince Council first. The thinking behind this is that Dreamwalker has a strict DPS requirement in order to not fall behind on waves of adds. The DPS mechanic required is rapid target acquisition PLUS target prioritization -- since we struggled with Anub'Arak scarabs, we will probably struggle with Dreamwalker.
4) Once the guild is capable of killing all four opening wing bosses (Festergut, Rotface, BPC, Dreamwalker), we will then proceed to kill Blood Queen. The thinking behind this is that in my mind, first wing, BPC, and BQ is the most compact content for clearing in three hours on Tuesday night.
5) Once Blood Queen is down, we will then start extending the Raid ID to cover two weeks at a time. By this time, we should have a reasonable number of item drops from the bosses on farm that stuff will start being disenchanted. Also by this time, raiders should have acquired enough frost emblems to have their four piece T10 bonus. This will allow us to keep farming Blood Queen and get ample time to practice the two remaining end wing bosses (Putricide and Sindragosa).

Raiders should be confident in their ability to do ICC25 content. Festergut and Rotface are considered a gear check for the instance. Those fights are not as static as Patchwerk; raiders should be encouraged by their ability to deal with unique fight mechanics (spore positioning, slime kiting) while still meeting hard enrage (Festergut) and soft enrage (Rotface) limits. We will now be moving onto bosses where the fight mechanics are more intriguing and which I think people will feel really good about after we master them.

Our goal is to beat the game (Lich King) as a guild before the next expansion. We can do eeet!

After that, we'll go back and clear Sunwell *cough*.

-HP