Taking a break

guild news, policies, and raid information
Beiner

Taking a break

Post by Beiner » January 25th, 2010, 1:54 pm

I'll probably be logging on very little over the next couple of weeks. I need a break to get back into the gym and get healthy. Feeling too sluggish trying to rush home and get all my randoms and weeklies done every day, and still try to make every raid, eat dinner, etc... Just more QQ stuff. I don't plan on deactivating my account, so I'm hoping I come back.

draven

Taking a break

Post by draven » January 25th, 2010, 3:34 pm

good luck on your escape! ;)
among other things, having frost badges as reward for the daily random / weekly raid certainly doesn't help us altoholics :/

Tsuni

Taking a break

Post by Tsuni » January 25th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Can't argue against good health, but hopefully you aren't gone too long. :)

coree

Taking a break

Post by coree » January 25th, 2010, 8:45 pm

I'm sad now :-( Go get healthy, maybe it will rub off on me a little bit, but please come back!

Ofie

Taking a break

Post by Ofie » January 26th, 2010, 4:41 am

what...the...f

WarmApplePie

Taking a break

Post by WarmApplePie » January 26th, 2010, 8:09 am

It's np man, I've been trying to squeeze jogging into my schedule too. Just make sure to log on Tuesdays at 7:55 server. Buy some weights and lift in between attempts.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

WarmApplePie

Taking a break

Post by WarmApplePie » January 26th, 2010, 8:10 am

Oh and I like I tell all my friends, the key to playing this game casually is to only have 1 character to focus on.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Judecca

Taking a break

Post by Judecca » January 27th, 2010, 10:20 pm

And now its my druid's time to shine! The Era of Ursius has begun! >:D

Beiner

Taking a break

Post by Beiner » January 29th, 2010, 11:29 am

This has been such a hard week.... I've been struggling to not log on. However, with my addictive personality and the need to complete/gear crap, its either all or nothing. If I don't just drop cold turkey, I would be back to what I was doing.

Ughh. Must...not...log....on

Probably doesn't help that I read the forums, mmo-champion, check the armory, wowhead, wws, etc while I'm at work :(

WarmApplePie

Taking a break

Post by WarmApplePie » January 29th, 2010, 12:35 pm

I'm telling you dude, its the alts that get you. Xfer beiner to its own account and deactivate the old account. Then you just have a to log on for an hour or so and do your Random heroic and raid. Then its off to bigger and better things.

Beiner

Taking a break

Post by Beiner » February 3rd, 2010, 12:29 am

I've canceled my account. It was fun playing with everyone and I hope you guys "beat the game" before the xpac comes out. I've had a lot of fun playing with you all.

I'm not saying this is permanent, but for my sake, I hope it is...

chris

Taking a break

Post by chris » February 3rd, 2010, 1:02 am

I agree with Wapow on this one. It's the alts that burn you out. Transfer just Beiner and -maybe- one other char and thats it.

However, since you canceled.. can I have your gold?

thandrenn

Taking a break

Post by thandrenn » February 3rd, 2010, 1:45 am

... just like that?

wow...

draven

Taking a break

Post by draven » February 3rd, 2010, 1:56 am

haha beat the game, that's funny :/
congrats on escaping, hope you have fun in that real world place :)
i'm sure we'll still be here should you decide to wander back...

WarmApplePie

Taking a break

Post by WarmApplePie » February 3rd, 2010, 10:53 am

The real world sucks, reactivate!!!

Although, as added incentive to stay away mail all your gold and shit to the guild bank.

Beiner

Taking a break

Post by Beiner » February 3rd, 2010, 2:17 pm

I really wanted to avoid a long drawn out post since its not for sure a permanent thing, but Dustin makes me feel bad.

I do want to thank everyone for such a wonderful time in FA (assuming this is it). It has been a great experience since coming back from TBC. I am especially thankful for all of those that participated in G2 raids, since that is what kept me going when I was originally thinking of canceling my account before ICC came out. I also am glad the 25 mans had started up again, since progression is something I really looked forward to.

I realized I had to leave after this past weekend, when I looked back and just asked myself if I was having fun playing. It's true what Jim has said about alts, especially if you have this complex that I do, where I have to make them all as good/geared as my main, so that I can fill in for whatever is needed at any point in time. Otherwise, for me, what's the point in making them.

I do have to say thank you for those people that organized raids and let me bring alts, that were carried through content. Otherwise, I would have only experienced things from a melee dps point of view.

I really don't know what else to say, except I really appreciate the friends that I have made in this guild. Also Nubia and Chris can NOT have my gold. It will rot with my toons in the event that I make it back.

I will be going back to FPS, probably COD:MWF2 on PC during my free-time, if anyone cares to jump on. I suck, I just started playing yesterday. It's just something to do that I can easily start and stop and not have to make any time commitments for.

- Adios FA, GL guys.

Judecca

Taking a break

Post by Judecca » February 3rd, 2010, 10:14 pm

Ya Chris and Nubia! He really means that i can have his gold!

Ofie

Taking a break

Post by Ofie » February 5th, 2010, 2:08 pm

I have your phone number so I'm ok with this. :) I LUB U SO MuCH