Raiding and leadership attitudes.

guild news, policies, and raid information
WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 11th, 2010, 10:15 am

Crisis forum posts about the alt raid. This is the ALT raid and gkicks are being threatened. On one hand I like holding people accountable but on the other hand I'm scared to mess up!
Everything below is a quote.

I just lost all the info I had typed out for this, so I'm going to try and hit some of the high points of my rage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***
dps who used haste pots on our 1% wipe attempt
Wapau (yay go me I'm in the good list)

dps who used a wild magic potion

dps who didn't

realistically this was our only kill shot of the night - every other wipe the boss had at least 6 million health left, with ample opportunity for people to still use consumables (although i agree its unlikely that some of the people you listed would have, they still had time to do so)

i really take more of a hodir hardmode view on this, in that missing the timer by a few seconds is our 1% wipe, and that not using a haste pot on a 1 minute wipe of horrible fail is of vastly less importance - but still a good indicator or how seriously people may be taking the encounter

i think the saddest part of all this is that we actually do have the dps and healing to kill this, but we were consistently getting forced into early wipes due to people simply failing at controlling their add when they were targeted for mutated infection - every time i saw someone running around like a retard i wanted to punch something

this fight is all about movement from sprays, add placement by people targeted and the main tank using appropriate CDs when the raid is taking damage/healer indisposed - if we can fix this it will die
If i had to call anyone out, it would be every last goddamn person who screwed up merging their slime and *** for never using a armour pot on any rotface attempts (its a bit harder to say you're saving that as a tank when it has a 2 minute duration)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Docks will be going out this week when I input DKP. I'm waiting a day or two to let my rage subside so nobody gets buttfucked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***
potting last night
was a few attempts i did not pot but since we used hero at start i wait tell 35-30% to pot for soulfire proc, either we didn't make it to that or 1/2 the raid was dead and i didn't pot. just to make clear why i pot when i do
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the fuck up ***. I'm going to single you about because you insist on trying to defend yourself rather than simply admitting that you FUCKED UP royally and deciding to fix it. You didn't pot on the 1% wipe....please explain to me how you went 3 full minutes after the hero duration fell off before you died to standing in slime spray that you didn't use a consumable.

***, you went the entire night without using a SINGLE consumable. No strength pot, no haste pot, no armor pot...If I ever see something like that happen again, I will gkick you myself.

I explained little slime mechanics before the fight, after a few pulls, before and after our break, and yelled once or twice every single time I saw one get hauled back into the raid.

People have been spoiled on lol Wrath content. I tried my best to impress upon everyone the severe difficultly of the new content relative to the old. I tried raging, I tried consoling, I tried being calm, I tried joking, I gave breaks for people to watch vids/strats both before and during the raid...but people obviously just didn't get the hint.

Honestly, I would rather just cancel the alt raid altogether than go through all the effort I do simply to have people show up and expect handouts and put all of us through hours and hours of wipes because of the SAME mistakes. MAN THE FUCK UP and take responsibility for your stupid fucking mistakes and fix them. I want to vomit from the amount of RNG blame I hear.

I'm going to spend this week armorying everyone and coming up with a comprehensive list of poor gems, enchants, specs, and glyhps. Be ready for itemized rage sometime on Thursday. I've been trying really really really hard not to do this because it makes me feel like I have to hold people's hands and practically play their characters for them...but it seems that some people just can't be trusted so I have to suspect ALL of you.

***, dc's happen and I can't blame you for that. You did really well for your first exposure to the fight.

***, I understand that emergencies happen randomly and I don't blame you for having to leave. There's no need to apologize and I thank you for the mature and forthcoming way you handled the situation.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 11th, 2010, 10:16 am

*** I put these to block out everyones names.

The point of this thread was to illustrate how nice FA Officers are!!
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

thandrenn

Post by thandrenn » January 11th, 2010, 10:40 am

Wow....

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 11th, 2010, 12:18 pm

This is kinda flipfloppy because FA members need to be thankful that our leaders are nice and gentle and fair, but all of FA also needs to realize what we'll be going up against once we enter ICC25. This is going to be similar to BT25. I think we can do the first wing, but Festergut and Rotface might turn out to be encounters that we never overcome. I'll drop the WMO parse for the Crisis alt raid. Look at the differences in DPS. Yes I understand the encounters are different but look at how Festergut took ~136k raid dps. FA doesn't get that high on Twins which buffs damage. I know there is a gear difference but (as Jeff always says) gear isn't everything. Do your homework, learn your rotation, get proper enchants/gems, bring consumables to the raid and focus as much as possible. I understand many of you have little ones running around the room turning off computers and whatnot. I'm sure everyone has heard either my son or my damn annoying dogs in vent background a time or two.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1352558

Dedication and patience. Notice they did 10 attempts on Rotface. This isn't going to be something you master in 2 attempts.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 11th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Yah and thats the ALT raid. Not even the main raid. Lets reward our nice officers by being ready to rock and giving our best efforts.

ravign

Post by ravign » January 11th, 2010, 3:20 pm

I will start stockpiling potions and flasks for our Sunday ICC10 and when we start ICC25
I can currently make:
Potion of Speed (Haste)
Runic Healing
Runic Mana
Indestructable (armor)

Flask of Frost Wyrm
Flask of Endless Rage
Flask of Stoneblood

I'm missing wild magic potion

Obviously we dont want to be hardcore like Crisis. But I would like to see us be a little cleaner. Sundays run we failed on trash a few times...and took us 3 tries on Gunship. I'm sure that people didn't use pots, I for one didn't use healing pots, or armor pots. I did flask.

either way it was a decent run, hopefully now everyone has seen rotface and knows to run to the tank when they have slime.

*edit* I will also have plenty of Fish Feast

Judecca

Post by Judecca » January 11th, 2010, 9:05 pm

THATS A F***ING 50 DKP MINUS!!

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 11th, 2010, 10:03 pm

some people got docked 2 dkp, others only 1 dkp. You get 1dkp per hour of raiding, so they just donated their time :)

draven

Post by draven » January 12th, 2010, 12:01 am

yah, we realize that not everyone has the time required to be bleeding edge in this game, i certainly know i don't. also, that sort of attitude turns the game into more of a job instead of a game, which probably isn't what most people are looking for. once upon a time we would have these sorts of arguments on at least a weekly basis. if you're bored you can go back far enough in the forums to find examples of such things. we used to be a second(ish) tier guild behind the hard core guilds on this server, which was kind of cool in its own way, but we also used to burn through people on a regular basis, which was not so cool. therefore, we try to set our sights on things we can accomplish without bashing our collective heads into a wall.

that said, i'm sure people would like to get into icc25, which will happen sooner or later. sooner if we can reliably get through toc25 without issues, and people are running icc10 and / or reading up on and researching / learning the encounters. for those that have gotten to festergut, rotface, and their friendly little puppies, they know that icc is not a particularly forgiving place to hang out in ;)

Ofie

Post by Ofie » January 13th, 2010, 4:29 am

i find this shallow and pedantic.

but honestly, that's some of the stupidest stuff i've ever read. especially if it was in an alt run. people need to take a chill pill. maybe OD on a bottle of em every once in a while.

dakkath

Post by dakkath » January 13th, 2010, 7:46 am

Ofie..... that's why they can do the things that some or most guilds can not on this server.

So while you may think its shallow and insane that they are spending all that time tending to the minor details (small oversights I guess?) of the raid, thus threatening Gkicks for noncompliance, I am sure that a lot of their members probably agree with the original poster (not sure if he is Gleader).

Who wants to be in a hard-core raid guild only to be held back by idiotic mistakes that should be (and can be) corrected. It's a waste of everyone's time in that case. (you know what you get into when you join Crisis)

So on one hand I can totally agree with their stance and post, on the other, I am glad I am in this guild where it is "casual raiding".

Ofie

Post by Ofie » January 13th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Fargol

Post by Fargol » January 14th, 2010, 9:19 am

Could you have found a worse quality family guy clip for us? Honestly, I don't understand people who use a camcorder on their TV, and upload it to youtube.

Tsuni

Post by Tsuni » January 14th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Because anything that isn't is taken down almost instantly. I once spent an hour trying to find a family guy clip, and all i could find was a camcorder record.

Ofie

Post by Ofie » January 15th, 2010, 1:03 am

CAMCORDER RAGE

it's the only one on youtube btw, search for it.