Forged Alliance in Dragonflight

guild news, policies, and raid information
draven

Forged Alliance in Dragonflight

Post by draven » November 28th, 2022, 1:00 pm

greetings! welcome to dragonflight! i hope everyone has fun leveling and exploring the new content. this thread will contain general information about guild policies and their evolution throughout dragonflight. it will be updated whenever appropriate.

as is the case at the beginning of every expansion guild ranks have been reset. almost everyone that is active should be ranked as member. if you are returning to the game and are ranked as inactive please request a promotion from an officer. also please be aware that all characters have been removed from the forged alliance raiders and forged alliance mythic plus communities.

for those that interested in raiding i created a google survey to get a sense of what we have for a raid team. it also includes a section for those interested in mythic+. no worries if you change your mind somewhere along the way, but please complete it based on your current plans and availability here:
https://forms.gle/hSmKGM2tzxVV8RuE8

the first raid in dragonflight is vault of the incarnates. it will be available 12/12 but please don't feel obligated to rush through the leveling process and content if you don't want to, take your time and enjoy it. the requirements for raiders are tbd but when they are determined they will be updated here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2789

mythic+ season one will also be available 12/12. for those interested mythic+ shenanigans we will continue to use the forged alliance mythic plus community. more information on that is here:
viewtopic.php?t=5963

a friendly reminder that for more general purposes there is also a forged alliance united community set up that anyone is welcome to join. more information on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598

that is all for now, as always if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Re: Forged Alliance in Dragonflight

Post by draven » December 11th, 2022, 2:42 pm

greetings! i hope everyone had fun leveling and exploring the dragon isles! i've a few updates as we approach the opening of the vault of incarnates and the beginning of season 1.

thank you to those that completed the raider survey. based on the results there are guild events on the calendar this tuesday and thursday for normal vault of the incarnates starting at 8pm pacific. they are open invites but please be at least somewhat geared if you sign up. if your character is outside of the guild please let me know and i will add you to the invite. the raider requirements are still tbd but i think 370ish is a good target to aim for, although starting out 350ish+ is probably fine for now.

based on how things go this week i will update the raider requirements and restart the raider community calendar events. everyone who is interested in raiding should sign up so that we can repopulate the raider community. it is likely that the requirements will not be enforced until january when hopefully we'll be able to start heroic progression.

there are also mythic+ guild events on the calendar for next sunday and monday for those that may be interested. a friendly reminder that all characters were removed from the mythic+ community so you will need to rejoin it if you are interested in such things: viewtopic.php?t=5963
we will resume using the mythic+ community for invites once it is sufficiently populated.

i think that is all for now, but if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let me know. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » January 16th, 2023, 12:42 am

greetings! i've a couple quick updates. based on our progress in vault of the incarnates so far i finally updated the raider requirements. the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of ~375ish. the requirements are targeted towards normal mode and early heroic bosses for now and will be updated once we focus more on heroic progression. i made my best guesses for enchants and gems, but since some things are still priced a bit excessively on the auction house please use your best judgement until the server economy normalizes. the raider rank event has returned to the calendar on sunday nights, please sign up so that i can send and track invites for the raider community.

also, as noted elsewhere i've switched to the using the mythic+ community for the mythic+ guild events on sunday and monday, so if you are interested in mythic+ shenanigans please join the community.

that is all for now, but if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let me know. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » February 19th, 2023, 9:42 am

greetings! i've a couple updates as we continue to work on heroic vault of incarnates progress. the raider requirements have been updated again, the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of 390ish. this is targeted towards heroic progression since it is likely that we are done with normal mode. this should not be an issue for anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ relatively consistently, and with crafted gear it should be easy to fill in whatever you may be missing. the server economy is also more reasonable these days so enchants and gems should be less of an issue.

everyone that has been raiding consistently has been reviewed promoted to the raider rank. for the most part everything looks good, but please ensure that your enchants and gems are in order. i will finally work on adding people to the raider community this week, although invites require that the character is online so it will take a while. if i miss anyone please let me know and / or sign up on the "raider community signup" calendar event.

that is all for now, but if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let me know. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » May 5th, 2023, 7:42 pm

greetings! welcome to patch 10.1: embers of neltharion! i've a couple updates before we start the new tier of content. overall i think we did reasonably well in the vault of the incarnates. hopefully that will continue in aberrus, the shadowed crucible. the raid schedule has worked out well so we'll continue with 8 - 10:30 pacific on tuesdays and thursdays.

if you would like to switch characters for this tier now is the time to do so. as usual the raider requirements have been updated to align with normal mode aberrus. the short version is that you should have an average ilvl of 400ish+. i will review everyone sunday and update the raider community accordingly. the requirements will be updated as necessary once we see how things go in aberrus and progress into heroic.

that is all i have for now. if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » June 12th, 2023, 5:42 pm

greetings! i've a quick update as we start to focus more on heroic aberrus, being that as usual the raider rank requirements have been updated. the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of 410ish+. this shouldn't be an issue for anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ somewhat consistently. also, please make sure that your enchants and gems are in order, as that is not currently the case for everyone.

that is all for now. if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » November 14th, 2023, 5:42 pm

greetings! welcome to patch 10.2: guardians of the dream! we did well in the aberrus so hopefully that will continue in amirdrassil, the dream's hope. if you would like to switch characters for this tier now is the time to do so. the raider requirements will be updated once we get a sense of what normal mode amirdrassil will require, but i suspect that you should have an average ilvl of at least 430ish+. i will update the requirements and review everyone sunday and then update the raider community accordingly.

that is all for now. if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » November 19th, 2023, 5:42 pm

greetings! our first week in amirdrassil went well, and with the completion of our initial adventures in normal mode the raider requirements have been updated now that we have a better sense of what the raid requires. the short version is that your ilvl should be at least 440ish for now, but that will likely go up to 455ish once we start focusing on heroic more due to the way that things are scaled this tier. for the most part this should not be an issue for anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ relatively consistently, but for those not quite there yet the best way to gear up is probably crafted gear and mythic+. we'll see how things go this week, but it is likely the new requirements will be enforced next weekend. also, there are several people who are missing enchants and / or gems so please make sure those are in order as well.

draven

Post by draven » December 10th, 2023, 8:42 pm

greetings! things continue to go well in amirdrassil. as our adventures continue further into heroic mode the raider requirements have been updated accordingly. the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of 460ish+. this should not be an issue for anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ somewhat consistently. also, there are still several people who are missing enchants, please make sure your gear is sorted out so that we can hopefully avoid some of our traditional 1% wipes.

draven

Post by draven » April 22nd, 2024, 10:50 pm

greetings! welcome to season 4! we did well in amirdrassil and it was nice to get a bit of a break between seasons. i have vague recollections of not being a fan of the fated raids in shadowlands but we'll see how the awakened raids go. i'll update the raider requirements based on how this week goes, but based on the scaling i suspect that your ilvl should be around 480ish. if you would like to switch characters for this season now would be the time to do so.

also for those not aware mythic+ will be scaled a bit differently this season:
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... otes#item2
key levels have been squished so that a season 4 level 2 key is roughly equivalent to a season 3 level 10 key and a season 4 level 10 key is roughly equivalent to a season 3 20 key.