sotfo aotc: the plan for now

guild news, policies, and raid information
draven

sotfo aotc: the plan for now

Post by draven » July 5th, 2022, 5:00 pm

greetings! there have been several versions of this post floating around in my head but i'm going to go with this one for now.

for those not aware we have until 8/1 to finish ahead of the curve: the jailer, which leaves 8 raid nights unless we add extra days. the last three bosses have been nerfed:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... -5/1272827
but given how this tier has gone so far i am not entirely confident that is enough time for us if we continue with the status quo.

it is the stated goal of our raid team to complete content at the heroic level before the next tier and it is my job to ensure that happens. if we are able to get to the jailer tonight then things will continue as normal for now. if we continue to struggle tonight then i will adjust the raid composition as i think necessary thursday so that we are finally able to get to the jailer. as a general rule i actively avoid benching people because i hate doing that to anyone, since usually we can accomplish our goals with a bit of patience, persistence, practice, and frustration. however it seems that we may not have time for such things because blizzard decided to end this tier relatively early for reasons.

i will revaluate our progress every week and we'll go from there, but if there are any questions, suggestions, opinions, or objections on this approach please let them be known, or feel free to message me in game if you prefer. thanks!

flintsteel

Re: sotfo aotc: the plan for now

Post by flintsteel » July 5th, 2022, 6:22 pm

I am optimistic that the nerfs make it possible for us to advance to Jailer this week.
- Lords has been giving us trouble in 2 places: Accidental stepping in Poop and Darkness. Darkness nerfed so we mostly have to just stop stepping in bad.
- Rygelon: I think they made eruptions survivable (I'm not sure if that is what they mean). If so, we need to focus on transition to P2 for soaks.
If we all focus on mechanics, I think both of these bosses should be doable this week.

Zo-

Post by Zo- » July 5th, 2022, 7:37 pm

I agree Blizzard has potentially forced our hand to get it done if needed (and I'm not very happy with their decision to do this given they have essentially nothing but recycled content lined up for the next "season". .. )

I also agree that hopefully the nerfs make it unnecessary -- we'll see.

I appreciate the effort in making the most out of our few days left in this tier.

If I had to emphasize one thing to focus on and improve on it would be survival, maybe as a healer I'm biased but for harder fights that will often be the diff between a kill and a heartbreaking wipe. For everyone esp if you're finding yourself face down too often, something to think about and work on.

flintsteel

Post by flintsteel » July 6th, 2022, 7:05 pm

Grats on downing 2 new bosses!
Albeit, H Rygelon kill was by the skin of our teeth. We killed him with only 1-2 secs left before he completed cast the blow-up mechanic.

Come ready to take down H Jailer! Ok, he'll probaby take us down many times first, but here we come.

Rotang

Post by Rotang » July 7th, 2022, 4:24 pm

Hey Guys,

First off, congrats on the new kills, wish I coulda been there for it :D

That said, I'm in the process of transitioning jobs which means shit's a little lean atm and my WoW sub decided to run out on Monday (which is why you haven't seen me)

I wanted to renew with Gold, but at last check it's 210,000g to which I'm a little short on. I probably won't be able to re-up my subscription until (at least) the end of this week. I will do what I can to get on, and I apologize for my absence.