Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Mage
Level: 60
Main Spec: Frost
Off Spec(s): Fire/Arcane

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

1 and 2.

Please link your armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... re/mesheti

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

I started raiding back in Wrath of the Lich King as a rogue, missed Ulduar and Trial of the Grand Crusader, then holy priest in ICC. 10 and 25 man heroic experience.
In cataclysm I did a little bit of raiding before having to miss Firelands but coming back for Dragon Soul where I was switching between about five or six characters depending on what we needed for the week. 8/8 Heroic 10 Dragon Soul
Mists of Pandaria:
Mogushan Vaults 6/6H, Heart of Fear 4/6H, Terrace of Endless Springs 3/4H
Throne of Thunder 13/13H
Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14H
Warlords of Draenor:
Highmaul 6/7M
Blackrock Foundry 6/10M
Hellfire Citadel 12/13M Personally Progressed
Legion:
Emerald Nightmare 7/7M
Trials of Valor 3/3M
Nighthold 10/10M
Tomb of Sargeras 9/9M
Antorus 11/11M
Battle for Azeroth:
Uldir 8/8M

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

My second kid was on the way and I was looking to step back from tanking and mythic raiding at the time at the end of Uldir after progression was over, just before Siege of Dazar'alor. I ended up just casually doing a few normal bosses in siege with a friend group until a few months later my PC got fried. My current/previous guild (Don't Laugh at My Giraffe) is no longer actively raiding upon my return to the game about a month ago.

How did you find our guild? Looking on Wowhead trying to find a family oriented AotC guild that match my later, CST, availability times.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character? Crit to approximately 22% > haste > versatility > mastery >= crit 33% > crit over 33%

What consumables do you use during raids? Spectral Flask of Power, Shadowcore Oil, Potion of Spectral Intellect, and Butterscotch Marinated Ribs or Spinefin Souffle and Fries (depends on where my stats are).

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use? Deadly Boss Mods and Weak Auras are the primary raiding add-ons I use.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

My raiding history has me playing between several roles and on numerous occasions I often acted as a swing tank/healer as well. Wrath I was a rogue at the start and a holy priest in the end. Cataclysm I started as a holy priest and ended up playing five or six different classes/specs to help facilitate my raid's success (I enjoy playing multiple classes/specs when I have time to learn them). Mists of Pandaria I started as our swing healer (Mistweaver/Windwalker in a 10 man raid with a Holy paladin and Disc priest) and finished the expansion going Brewmaster from Throne of Thunder onwards. Warlords I tanked as a Brewmaster until my guild collapsed on Mythic Thogar (train boss) and we couldn't sustain recruitment with constantly relearning the fight. I came back in Legion as a Demon Hunter playing Havoc/Vengeance as a fill in for either of tanks and playing blood Death Knight in Tomb and switching between Vengeance DH and Blood DK in Antorus. Uldir I raided as a Blood DK before finally stopping seriously raiding.

I was also involved with the monk, specifically Brewmaster monk, community relatively heavily through Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor (monk's name was formerly Leblue namer of Dave the Ox statue)and I was even part of a podcast known as Monk Meditation for a while. I also previously was a part of a healer podcast known as Out of Mana before that.

I know my application comes across as a relatively hardcore raider/player but after almost two years of not playing and finally having some spare time in the evenings with my third child turning five months and starting to more consistently sleep through more of the evening I'm looking to just relax and enjoy clipping giant boss toenails again. Playing FFXIV earlier this year through Endwalker gave me the itch to start raiding in WoW again and the normal pugging experience has been frustrating to say the least so I would love to have some stability while I just enjoy playing the game and have folks to talk to again while I do so.

I'm also aware that my gear level is slightly under what y'all are asking, and I'm more than happy to join as a casual member while I continue to improve my gear/have more to present for my present play level as well.

PS (my cloak may not be enchanted because I got it from a WQ late last night right before logging and I apologize).

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
I appreciate the relatively succinct application. I've certainly filled out longer ones. While covered in the "Is there anything else you want to tell us" potentially ask what roles people are familiar with as a way to gauge viewpoints on other roles that the individual isn't applying for (i.e. a ranged dps who's familiar with tanking and healing as well) or alts they play.

I appreciate y'all taking the time to review my application. Thank you

draven

Re: Mesheti - Mage

Post by draven » April 20th, 2022, 5:42 pm

thanks for the app and for the thorough responses! everything looks good to me.
Mesheti wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 7:51 am
I know my application comes across as a relatively hardcore raider/player but after almost two years of not playing and finally having some spare time in the evenings with my third child turning five months and starting to more consistently sleep through more of the evening I'm looking to just relax and enjoy clipping giant boss toenails again. Playing FFXIV earlier this year through Endwalker gave me the itch to start raiding in WoW again and the normal pugging experience has been frustrating to say the least so I would love to have some stability while I just enjoy playing the game and have folks to talk to again while I do so.
sounds good. i generally warn those that are accustomed to mythic progression that we are not and don't have much interest in being on that level. our primary goal is to get aotc each tier but some bosses take longer than others depending on the mechanics and how long it takes everyone to learn them.
Mesheti wrote:
I'm also aware that my gear level is slightly under what y'all are asking, and I'm more than happy to join as a casual member while I continue to improve my gear/have more to present for my present play level as well.
you should be fine for normal mode as it is mainly about executing mechanics. we've hit a bit of a dps check on heroic xy'mox and to a lesser extent prototype pantheon so tier set bonuses are helpful to have since they are pretty ridiculous, but we can see how it goes.
Mesheti wrote:
PS (my cloak may not be enchanted because I got it from a WQ late last night right before logging and I apologize).
no worries, but fyi you're missing a bracer enchant as well.
Mesheti wrote:
Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
I appreciate the relatively succinct application. I've certainly filled out longer ones. While covered in the "Is there anything else you want to tell us" potentially ask what roles people are familiar with as a way to gauge viewpoints on other roles that the individual isn't applying for (i.e. a ranged dps who's familiar with tanking and healing as well) or alts they play.
thanks for the feedback! since maintaining alts is a grind these days i generally prefer that people focus on one character, but having the insight and familiarity with what other roles are doing is definitely helpful. i'll see if i can figure out how to phrase a question that gathers that information without making it seem like alts are required or encouraged.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you a guild invite. the easiest way of doing so is probably our forged alliance community, more info on that is here:
https://www.forgedalliance.org/forum/vi ... f=1&t=5598