Post by Moose » September 7th, 2020, 7:57 am

Name (first name only): Craig
Character Name: Telonov
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Paladin, Shaman, Mage
Level: 120
Main Spec: Ret/Ele/Arcane
Off Spec(s): Holy/Resto/Frost

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying: Yes
- Raiding and Rosters: Yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... e/telonov/

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

I've never raided seriously in a guild before. The first time I got semi-serious with raiding was in Legion (Antorus) where my goal was to get AOTC. It felt like a massive accomplishment, but was accomplished through pugging, as I had a newborn and my schedule was very sporadic.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

Never been in a serious guild before!

How did you find our guild?

WoWProgress, and the WoW proudmoore forums

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?

Depends on what I'm playing. I typically analyze players on warcraftlogs and check guides/icyveins to figure out a good enchanting/gemming layout and go from there.

What consumables do you use during raids?

Depends on what I'm playing, I've been using the Baked Port Tato for a glimmer build, but especially in 8.3, i've found myself playing a variety of classes trying to determine what I will be maining in SL.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?

DeadlyBossMods, ElvUI for healing (the dot tracking is great), quality of life addons etc. Did some simming with raidbots and what not back in legion.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I'm a 32 year old from Canada with a 2.5 year old son looking to join a community/family of gamers. I've played WoW on and off since classic, and played semi-seriously in Legion. During BFA I played quite a bit at the start of the expansion, but I must admit I have never really enjoyed any aspect of this expansion except for the initial leveling experience. I'm trying to get caught up now in 8.3, and have many characters geared up and ready for SL.

My main objective is to find a good group of people to start leveling up with in SL and for the first time join an active and dedicated community to accomplish in game goals. I've had mixed experiences with pugging, mostly negative, and am looking to change that and see some more familiar faces moving forward to form relationships with.

I'm very open with the guilds requirements on what to main in SL. I enjoy healing and doing DPS. I have the most experience on my paladin, and love playing ret/holy, but here is what i'd be interested in playing in SL in which I have max characters:

1. Paladin (Ret/Holy)
2. Shaman (Ele/Resto)
3. Mage (Arcane/Frost)
4. Warlock (Aff/Destro)

I also have max level:

- Warrior (Arms/Fury)
- Druid (Balance/Resto)
- Priest (Disc/Shadow)
- DK (Frost/Unholy)
- Rogue (Outlaw/Assassination)

The schedule your guild raids at would be ideal for me which makes things much easier.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?:

Seems pretty good to me! You seem like a good group of folks that have been around for quite some time, so I'm excited to hear back!

draven

Re: Telonov Application

Post by draven » September 7th, 2020, 9:15 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me at the moment. you should be aware that we are in the midst of the usual end of expansion lull and interest in raiding has declined significantly over the past few weeks so we are mostly focused on finishing up some random things prior to shadowlands.
Moose wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 7:57 am
During BFA I played quite a bit at the start of the expansion, but I must admit I have never really enjoyed any aspect of this expansion except for the initial leveling experience.
you didn't miss much. as a fellow altoholic i found 8.3 in particular made playing multiple characters miserable more than anything else.
Moose wrote:
I'm very open with the guilds requirements on what to main in SL.
we generally encourage people to play whatever they prefer and enjoy most. it isn't unusual for people to switch mains between expansions so i don't expect the group to look the same when we start adventuring in castle nathria as it does now anyway.
Moose wrote:
The schedule your guild raids at would be ideal for me which makes things much easier.
while i don't expect the raid times to change much, it is something that will be reevaluated before we resume raiding in shadowlands. we've pretty consistently raided tuesday / thursday for the last several years, but times have shifted from 8-11pm pacific to the current schedule of 7:30-10pm pacific and may shift again depending on what people want to do.

anywho, if you're still interested please track someone down online. the easiest way to do so is probably through our Forged Alliance community, more info on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598

Moose

Re: Telonov Application

Post by Moose » September 7th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Thanks for the response! I hear you on 8.3, it's been a slog and all I really do now is gear up alts and do transmog runs. pre-patch is on the horizon so... whats the point?

That time still works pretty good. Will definitely pop in and say hello.