Raid Application: Flintsteel / Terranna

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
flintsteel

Raid Application: Flintsteel / Terranna

Post by flintsteel » December 20th, 2019, 1:43 am

Name (first name only): Tal
Character Name: Flintsteel (alt: Terranna)
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Paladin
Level: 120
Main Spec: Protection
Off Spec(s): Retribution (but not good at it yet)

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
2. Raid consistently in a heroic mode group and usually some mythic

Please link your armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... flintsteel

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I started WoW during Cataclysm and have been raiding continuously since Dragon Soul. After pugging for a while, I built up a raiding group in Dragon Soul and MoP but on a low-pop server. I chose to move to a more active realm so I moved to Proudmoore but did not desire building a group again. I've been pugging and joining a few Mythic (semi-hardcore) groups ever since. I generally get AOTC on 3 or 4 toons, and a few mythic bosses on a toon before the next raid releases.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I have toons in 4 different guilds and pug x-realm so haven't really seen myself as being in "a" current guild. Flintsteel came from my bank guild and Terranna's previous guild had raid times too early for my schedule.

How did you find our guild?
I started pugging into groups before x-realm raiding was an option (Cata). When WoW introduced x-realm raiding, I pugged a lot. Forged Alliance on Destromath was one of many that I joined. I b-tagged Draven because I liked the raid group's attitude and joined him when he listed for pugs and I needed those bosses. Only recently did I noticed that this raid group moved to my realm (Proudmoore), so I gave it a try again.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
I build a defensive build for my tank. Survivability is top priority. Ench: Naga Hide, Stats: Haste > Vers > Mast=Crit

What consumables do you use during raids?
Always flasked/fed/pot with the top stuff (whether raid provides it or not). And augment runes when we are close on progression bosses.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
DBM, GTFO, Bartender, Details, HHTD (Healers Have to Die), Threat Plates, Raider IO, Tell Me When, Who Pulled, and Saved Instances are the raid related ones. I have about another 10 more for character management.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I've been a regular raider with Forged Alliance for about 20 weeks now but since my initiation into the group has been gradual since 2017 on Forged Alliance-Destromath, I hadn't filled out an application. I do so now.
I enjoy raiding: It's a group puzzle that each group solves with different people and skill sets. People matter: Progression means having fun dying together. We have fun while communicating what needs to change to complete each boss.
My raiding toons are Prot Paladin (8/8H), Marksmanship Hunter (8/8H), Destro Warlock (8/8H, 1/8M), Fury Warrior (8/8H), and Frost Mage (3/8H).

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

draven

Re: Raid Application: Flintsteel / Terranna

Post by draven » December 20th, 2019, 9:57 am

greetings! thanks for taking the time to fill out an app, it is appreciated :)