raid schedule as of january

guild news, policies, and raid information
draven

raid schedule as of january

Post by draven » December 15th, 2019, 8:42 am

greetings! as previously mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5602#p24295

my schedule will be changing starting at the beginning of next year so i will not be able to raid until 11pm pacific anymore which will affect the raid schedule unless someone else wants to take over raid leadering. i'm guessing that 10pm pacific is the absolute latest i'll be able to manage but we'll see how it works out.

i'm open to suggestions on options, but this is what i've come up with so far:
1. raid less, for example 8-10pm pacific
2. shift raid times earlier such as 7-10pm pacific, which i suspect will not work
3. raid less per day but add a day, for example tuesday / wednesday / thursday 8-10pm pacific
4. move the raid days to the weekend, for example friday / saturday 8-11pm pacific
5. keep the same schedule but have someone else take over raid leadering after 10pm
6. option 3 during progression and option 1 during farm mode

in the short term i probably vote for option 1, but i'm not sure how that will work when visions of n'zoth arrives, hence options 4-6.

if you have any opinions / preferences / suggestions please let them be known. thanks!

pvtpile

Re: raid schedule as of january

Post by pvtpile » December 15th, 2019, 9:04 pm

7-10 since i'm old now!

Vicks

Post by Vicks » December 15th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Either raid 8-10 and add a day is fine with me. I don't think that anyone can do the RL part as calmly as you. :D

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » December 17th, 2019, 9:08 pm

I could also do three days /shrug I'm flexible. It's why Vicks keeps me around

Schildwacht

Post by Schildwacht » December 17th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Option 5

This option works best for me. The main reason I chose to raid with you guys was the schedule (Tuesday and Thursday at 8 pm PST). These days work best for me. But I know my opinion is not everything :lol: :mrgreen:

Personally I would not be able to take over raid leading because I simply do not have the time to dedicate to learn everything about raid fights and be able to explain that. Starting January I will be in my last semester of University will need to dedicate time to that more. I am not saying I won't learn the fights but I would not be able to fill the shoes of raiding leading after draven leaves at 10 pm.

But that is what I think! :)

Knot

Post by Knot » December 18th, 2019, 12:08 am

Option 2 is a best fit for me.
Second choice would be fewer hours, but I think that will limit our success.
I'm not competent to Lead, but would be fine if someone wanted to assist with leading in the last hour - but this wouldn't be good for Draven - he'd miss out.

I can't commit to weekends, and three days/week would cause discord on the home-front.

Alas - seasons of life - things change

Sthionis

Post by Sthionis » December 19th, 2019, 10:54 pm

I'm fine with 8-10 two nights. I'd be willing to add an extra night, but can't do Wednesday, Friday or Saturday. Sunday would be my choice if we added another night, since we usually do mythics anyway.

Sth

flintsteel

Post by flintsteel » December 19th, 2019, 11:08 pm

Option 1: OK (only 4hrs/week is going to slow progression)
Option 2: Tuesday, I can't start until 8:00-8:15. Thursday, I could start at 7:00
Option 3: Wednesday. Does not work for me. I coach basketball in the evenings getting home around 9:30
Option 4: Friday/Saturday evenings are currently busy for me. I run with 2 other groups: 5-8pm and 9-12pm
Option 5: Not ideal when I'm tanking; however, I am willing to lead after 10:00pm

Tsuni

Post by Tsuni » December 22nd, 2019, 12:13 am

Option 1 is fine for me because I just like raiding with this group and less concerned about how fast we finish, as long as we get to do at least 1 night a week.
Option 2 is my favorite since I'm on Central Time, and it starts to feel late in the last hour.
Option 3 is my least favorite except in the case of Option 6, of which I'd be okay with 3 nights of week for pushing progression.
For Option 4, Sunday would be the only weekend night I could raid consistently, but I'm thinking you were just looking at Fri/Sat.
Option 5 is fine for my participation since it's essentially the same as now, though I don't think I could take over raid leading since, as noted above, that's when i start to feel it's getting late.

draven

Post by draven » December 29th, 2019, 8:00 pm

greetings! thanks all for the feedback! it seems like starting earlier would work better than i expected so we can explore that option. for the rest of eternal palace it is probably safe to assume that we'll run 8-10pm pacific at most and by the time visions of n'zoth arrives i should have a better idea of what my schedule is like and we can adjust accordingly.