Post by ImpishGenie » July 12th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Name (first name only): Kaley
Character Name: Belrythe
Realm: Moon Guard
Class: DH
Level: 120 / ilvl 412
Main Spec: Veng
Off Spec(s): Havoc

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

2 and 5. Currently, I am looking to raid definitely on Thursdays. Tuesdays will be hit or miss at this point in time due to work, school and family needs. I hope in the near future this is able to change, but unfortunately, its very difficult to find a raiding guild that DOESN'T raid on Tuesdays. If you aren't flexible on Tuesday, I suppose I could join as a member until such a time I can make it consistently.

Please link your armory profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... d/belrythe

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

Haven't started raiding EP yet T-T
BoDa: 8/9H, 1/9M
CoS: 2/2N (I disliked this place greatly)

Been seriously raiding since Legion, casually since Cata. I mainly tank but I function well as dps as well. I listen to call outs, don't give attitude and don't stand in poop.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

Currently, my guild on MG is dying. Everyone is moving to another guild on the same server, however, due to my recent move to the west coast, I could not follow them as that would mean I would be raiding at 5pm server. This would be too early for me. I hate to have to leave them, as we've been raiding together since EN in Legion and have become close. They are the only reason I even stayed on MG. I have been wanting to leave for a long time to find a more raid-oriented server. I don't and have never RPed (Or ERPed) and I only stayed on MG because it was my first server back in WotLK and some of my family followed me there. Then I made some friends there and the rest is history.

How did you find our guild?
Wow-progress. Searching for a guild that would best fit my raiding schedule and personality.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Priority is Agil>haste>verse and currently, my weapons are Versatile/Quick navigation and I have 1 ring of each +40. I use Simcraft/Raidbots to see which of these stats I should be balancing. Any gem sockets I get, I keep whichever of those stats is in need of boosting at the time.

What consumables do you use during raids?
Battle potion of agility (pre-pot and generally one with lust), Flask of the Currents (agility) and I usually bring both haste and vers food with me just in case we don't use feasts. I don't use the stam flasks as a tank because I find the boost from agil to be more beneficial.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
DBM, Weak auras, Skada

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
If everything looks good, I get accepted and pass the trials, I would be also be bringing an equally capable Resto druid main with me. I don't currently know her stats. She also won't be able to come on Tuesdays either (she is occupied for the same reason I am) but would also prove a valuable addition to the guild and the raid team. I would love to get into the mythic raiding scene (minus the elitist jerk-face mentality) and I know I'd excel in it, but my schedule is difficult at the moment.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Nope! Pretty straight-forward.

draven

Re: Application: Belrythe

Post by draven » July 12th, 2019, 4:17 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me.
ImpishGenie wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 2:37 pm
2 and 5. Currently, I am looking to raid definitely on Thursdays. Tuesdays will be hit or miss at this point in time due to work, school and family needs. I hope in the near future this is able to change, but unfortunately, its very difficult to find a raiding guild that DOESN'T raid on Tuesdays. If you aren't flexible on Tuesday, I suppose I could join as a member until such a time I can make it consistently.
i think this should be fine, definitely in the short term, and probably longer term as well. we currently have zero full time tanks so having someone be able to show up half the time would be awesome, and longer term i should be able to fill in when necessary. a potentially bigger concern is if you fall behind the gear curve since farm stuff is usually tuesday, but we can see how that goes. that problem can also be mitigated with mythic+ so it may not be an issue at all.

i should also mention that we may be altering our raid schedule to end earlier in the not too distant future, with the goal of raiding the same amount of time or less but potentially on other days. are there any other days that you are or aren't available?
ImpishGenie wrote:
CoS: 2/2N (I disliked this place greatly)
i probably spent 20+ hours in there in the two weeks leading up to eternal palace. the encounters were mechanically interesting but a bit obnoxious to execute. i hope to never return, but of course i will at some point for transmog or something.
ImpishGenie wrote:
Is there anything else you want to tell us?
If everything looks good, I get accepted and pass the trials, I would be also be bringing an equally capable Resto druid main with me. I don't currently know her stats. She also won't be able to come on Tuesdays either (she is occupied for the same reason I am) but would also prove a valuable addition to the guild and the raid team. I would love to get into the mythic raiding scene (minus the elitist jerk-face mentality) and I know I'd excel in it, but my schedule is difficult at the moment.
we can also use a healer so that should work as well. are you planning on server transferring to proudmoore? it is unlikely that we will ever get back to any sort of serious mythic progression raiding, but there are a plethora of mythic guilds here that should suit your needs should you outgrow us.

anywho, if you're still interested you should be able to track us down in our forged alliance community, more info on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598

ImpishGenie

Post by ImpishGenie » July 12th, 2019, 4:54 pm

draven wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 4:17 pm
i should also mention that we may be altering our raid schedule to end earlier in the not too distant future, with the goal of raiding the same amount of time or less but potentially on other days. are there any other days that you are or aren't available?
I should be available Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday for sure. Friday, Saturday might have to be a little later in the evening. The resto druid I'll be bringing is basically available every day except Tuesday.

draven wrote:
a potentially bigger concern is if you fall behind the gear curve since farm stuff is usually tuesday

I usually don't have too many issues here, I do enjoy M+ and can usually catch up in gear pretty quick.
draven wrote:
are you planning on server transferring to proudmoore?
I have a partially geared alt already on Proudmoore so I could start kinda putting feelers out there. I didn't want to completely leave the other guild I was in just yet, as I am the Co-GM. I already informed the other GM about my intent but I wanted to make sure I didn't just bail on him lol.
draven wrote:
anywho, if you're still interested you should be able to track us down

I will jump in and look for someone! My alt that I have there is Nimbulus. Belrythe will be coming over to Proudmoore soon!

draven

Post by draven » July 12th, 2019, 5:32 pm

ImpishGenie wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 4:54 pm
I should be available Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday for sure. Friday, Saturday might have to be a little later in the evening. The resto druid I'll be bringing is basically available every day except Tuesday.
cool, if we add another day it would likely be wednesday, sunday or monday. there usually isn't much going on friday and saturday.
ImpishGenie wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 4:54 pm
I have a partially geared alt already on Proudmoore so I could start kinda putting feelers out there. I didn't want to completely leave the other guild I was in just yet, as I am the Co-GM. I already informed the other GM about my intent but I wanted to make sure I didn't just bail on him lol.

I will jump in and look for someone! My alt that I have there is Nimbulus. Belrythe will be coming over to Proudmoore soon!
sounds good, there isn't any rush on transferring, i can just add you to the raid calendar events for next week if you can make it. i can also send you a ginvite for your alt later if you want, i should be on either my rogue (idravenl) or druid (withywindle). tsuni or pvtpile can invite you as well if they are on.