tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Mathig

Application: Mathig

Post by Mathig » May 27th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Name (first name only): Mathig
Character Name: Mathig
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Priest

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying: Yes
- About Us: Yes

Do you understand that if you are accepted you will be given the Member rank and should not expect to be invited to raids?: Yes

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Not enough activity.

How did you find our guild?
Reddit

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Looking for a guild with members that regularly run mythic keys. One where I can learn and improve my play style alongside other players who seek to do the same.

Running PUG Mythic+'s only to have players drop-out mid-dungeon for whatever reason is rather depressing. Not in the sense of not getting to finish the mythic, which is annoying, but that immature children are so common. Leaving a dungeon early is just being a sore loser, and I'd rather go play Minecraft with 1st graders, because at least they can be taught how to play games with maturity. I don't mention 1st graders at random. I play with them in-person from time to time.

I was interested in doing Raids at one point, but the allure has faded. A long time ago, I remember running dungeons could be fun. A group could eventually learn how everyone played and start playing off that. Together, they would learn mechanics and future runs would be much easier as the group could coordinate better. Raids were even more mechanic heavy, and groups would prepare for them, come up with strategies, and assign specific roles to every player. One healer would focus on the tank, one on the group, you might flex based off the phase, interrupt rotations, so much strategy it was amazing. I played one LFR and absolutely hated it. Nobody mattered, and instead of more mechanics than dungeons, the raid decided it would be better if nobody dared attempt to learn any of the mechanics at all. I never felt more miserable playing an MMO ever before, and I never want to repeat it.

draven

Re: Application: Mathig

Post by draven » May 28th, 2019, 8:13 am

greetings, thanks for the app!
Mathig wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 10:42 pm
Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Looking for a guild with members that regularly run mythic keys. One where I can learn and improve my play style alongside other players who seek to do the same.
we don't have dedicated mythic+ groups, but we usually try to run some during the week, usually on sunday or monday night.
Mathig wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 10:42 pm
Raids were even more mechanic heavy, and groups would prepare for them, come up with strategies, and assign specific roles to every player. One healer would focus on the tank, one on the group, you might flex based off the phase, interrupt rotations, so much strategy it was amazing. I played one LFR and absolutely hated it. Nobody mattered, and instead of more mechanics than dungeons, the raid decided it would be better if nobody dared attempt to learn any of the mechanics at all. I never felt more miserable playing an MMO ever before, and I never want to repeat it.
fyi lfr isn't raiding, it's usually just a bunch of people screwing around. if you're looking for what you described you should check out normal mode, it requires at least some sense of organization and a general idea of what you're doing, but is still pretty forgiving. heroic mode and especially mythic require coordinated strategies and that everyone knows what they're doing, and can be extremely punishing if that is not the case.

anywho, if you're still interested track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)