Application: Winterbun (mistweaver monk)

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Winterbun

Application: Winterbun (mistweaver monk)

Post by Winterbun » May 17th, 2019, 11:50 pm

Name (first name only): Stan
Character Name: Winterbun
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Monk
Level: 120
Main Spec: Mistweaver
Off Spec(s):

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying - yes
- Raiding and Rosters - yes

*Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Most likely #2, after having seen mythic content in BOD. I'm happy to help folks progress in mythic content but it's not a priority for me.

Please link your armory profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /winterbun

*What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

Hm...started raiding Molten Core, then took a break and didn't start until Burning Crusade. Never got to see the Sunwell raid because I think I took a break around that time. Then started again in WotLK. Stopped playing when Cataclysm came out. Came back to WoW when Legion was the expansion, did mostly pug raiding and started becoming more serious around the time that Antorus was released. Managed to get AOTC, then again when Uldir was released. About two months before BOD came out, I took a break, then returned approx. 6-8 weeks ago.

By the way, I'm not good at tanking and I absolutely hate doing dps. I really prefer healing whenever possible....

*Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

I'm primarily a social player so being in guild with active players in either guild chat or voice chat is important to me. If there's not much activity going on, there has to be more to keep me around. I don't look forward to logging on just to play by myself with little to no social interaction and that was my experience in my previous guild.

*How did you find our guild?

Withywindle was recruiting and I noticed his pitch post while I was healing a mythic key...and the rest is history.

*What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?

Whatever Icy-Veins says, although I tend to prioritize crit more than haste in terms of secondary stats.

Just got an offhand that helped bump up haste and versatility at the expense of crit - this will help in my mythic+ runs.

*What consumables do you use during raids?

feasts, scrolls (if no mage/warrior/priest), flasks, battle-scarred augment runes; healthstones; health potions; potion of replenishment/mana pots; battle potion of intellect

*What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?

-DBM
-GTFO
-Grid2
-Clique
-WeakAuras
-Skada
-Exorsus Raid Tools
-Angry Keystones

*Is there anything else you want to tell us?

If there is a fit, I'll move my other healers over eventually - holy paladin, holy priest, resto druid

my monk is my main though, for the foreseeable future

*Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

More glitter?

draven

Re: Application: Winterbun (mistweaver monk)

Post by draven » May 18th, 2019, 7:25 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me, welcome to the team :)
Winterbun wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:50 pm

*Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

I'm primarily a social player so being in guild with active players in either guild chat or voice chat is important to me. If there's not much activity going on, there has to be more to keep me around. I don't look forward to logging on just to play by myself with little to no social interaction and that was my experience in my previous guild.
i should probably warn you that most people are pretty quiet on mumble, we have a discord channel as well i can send you but we mainly use that as a backup for mumble. there are usually people online in the evenings, although things are definitely more active closer to patch releases.

Winterbun

Post by Winterbun » May 18th, 2019, 9:35 am

That's fine.

Winterbun

Post by Winterbun » May 19th, 2019, 11:28 pm

so, I gave it some thought over the weekend and I'm going to withdraw my application

I'm sure y'all will do well; unfortunately I don't think your guild is right for me. thanks for the opportunity though! the mats I deposited in your guild bank is yours to keep.

best,

W.

draven

Post by draven » May 20th, 2019, 6:35 am

thanks for letting us know, best of luck in your wow adventures :)