Post by thaeama » March 5th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Name (first name only): Kelsey
Character Name: Ama
Realm: Aggramar
Class: Druid
Level: 120
Main Spec: Restoration
Off Spec(s): Balance

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Yes I have.

*Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Probably 2.

Please link your armory profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... gramar/Ama

*What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

First started raiding in WoD, mostly did the first tier. Was in a guild called "Chaos Unison" that cleared herioc and did some mythic, I main'd disc priest. After taking a break me and a friend moved around to different servers as Horde (Moonguard was one of these servers unfortunately lol) and did a little HFC, nothing noteworthy though. At the beginning of Legion we found a guild on The Underbog that did herioc. Main'd Disc/Shadow too at the time. Also played some Resto Druid when we needed more healing diversity because we had 3 priests which included me and my friend (he was a holy priest main). Guild moved servers, we didn't follow and I took a break when that happened. Friend was finishing his PHD so he stopped playing (</3). Came back at the end of legion and found a small guild that mostly did mythic plus. During that time I rerolled to resto/enhance shaman.

*Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

Not currently raiding. There is no guild that fits my availability on my server. (10pm CST/ 8pm PST and later)

*How did you find our guild?

Wowprogress.com

*What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?

Normally I'd go off what Icy-Veins says but since haste has a good value for both my main and offspec I enchant/gem for that (pact/blue gems).

*What consumables do you use during raids?

Appropriate Flask (so int), health pots + health stones, channeled mana pots when I can (or reg mana pots if its not needed), a prepot (int) and augment runes.

*What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?

-Bigwigs (and Littlewigs)
-GTFO
-Vuhdo
-WeakAuras
-Elvui
-Clique
-Skada
-Pawn + SimC
-Angry Assigments (used in my previous raiding guilds)

*Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I've got a Disc/Shadow priest I plan on moving too. Was my previous main.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ar/Bôbette

*Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Needs cat pictures. :3

draven

Re: Ama - Aggramar (Resto/Balance)

Post by draven » March 5th, 2019, 8:00 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me. out of curiosity, how comfortable are you with balance?

you mentioned several different characters, is there any particular reason you've switched so much, and how long do you intend to play your druid? as a general rule i'm not a fan of people switching characters a lot, with the exception being between expansions and sometimes between raid tiers.

also, are you planning on transferring to proudmoore? we have a cross realm community set up if you want to check us out before doing so, more info about that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598
thaeama wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 7:12 pm
*Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Needs cat pictures. :3
lol, that is clearly an oversight on my part :)

thaeama

Post by thaeama » March 6th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Having fun with Balance and I do play Balance frequently in Mythic+. Haven't been able to parsing myself so can't tell you how good I am.

If I had to say why I switched a few times it would be because I leveled an alt and grew attached to it I suppose? xD

Liking my druid so I don't plan on switching mains again for a long while. If I did it would probably be another hybrid healer (shammy or priest).

Almost certain on transferring to Proudmore. Seemed like a decent server.

Didn't know you have a cross-realm community. I'll check it out.

draven

Post by draven » March 6th, 2019, 9:15 pm

thanks for the reply!
Having fun with Balance and I do play Balance frequently in Mythic+. Haven't been able to parsing myself so can't tell you how good I am.
sounds good, with our current raid size it is likely that we would four heal some fights and three heal others so it would be ideal if you would be ok playing either spec.