Post by renner » February 10th, 2019, 10:16 am

Name (first name only): Eric
Character Name: Renner
Realm: Perenolde
Class: Paladin
Level: 120
Main Spec: Protection
Off Spec(s): Retribution

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Yes.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... lde/renner

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

I did some 10-man tanking in WotLK, progressing through Naxx and Ulduar. Then I took a nice long break from WoW, coming back late into Legion, where I PuGged a lot of runs in Antorus (11N, 9/11H). My raiding in BfA has been more or less non-existent due to real-life scheduling issues, but that has now changed, and I'm excited to see the content!

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

Simply put, they don't raid when I'm available. Otherwise, they're a great guild and I'll be sad to not spend time with them.

How did you find our guild?

wowprogress.com

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?

Haste for everything!

What consumables do you use during raids?

Flask: Flask of the Undertow (Strength)
Food: Boralus blood sausage (Strength) if I have any, else Swamp Fish 'n' Chips (Haste)
Rune: I have some on me, but usually save them for when I have a fight more or less figured out, but just need that little extra something.
Potion: I keep health pots on me and use them as a sort of last ditch cooldown. I also have battle potion of strength on me, but I typically use them like runes, once the basics of a fight are understood, but we just need that little extra something.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?

Mainly Big Wigs and Weak Auras.

draven

Re: Application: Renner Protection Paladin

Post by draven » February 10th, 2019, 2:22 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me. out of curiosity, how comfortable are you with ret? also, are you planning on transferring to proudmoore?

renner

Post by renner » February 10th, 2019, 7:18 pm

I haven't played much Ret. I've maintained gear for it, but I don't have the rotation on auto-pilot yet, if you know what I mean.

As for server transferring, yes, I was planning on it, eventually. I assumed there would be some sort of trial period during which I could run a M+ or two with the guild, or even a raid night. Then, assuming that everything went well, I'd get a transfer started. Do you have any sort of procedure like that?

If you're loaded on protection paladins, I do also have some other (less well-geared) characters that might make more sense:
  • Alliance, 317 vengeance demon hunter
  • Horde, 340-ish geared protection warrior
  • Horde, 330-ish geared death knight
I'm not opposed to bringing one of the other characters over if that makes for a better fit, though obviously they're not quite "raid ready" like my protection paladin. The horde-side characters would need both faction and server transfers, but I wouldn't rule them out, if it makes sense to use them.

Edit: I did make a death knight on Proudmore, if that helps facilitate communication at all.

draven

Post by draven » February 10th, 2019, 9:11 pm

renner wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 7:18 pm
I haven't played much Ret. I've maintained gear for it, but I don't have the rotation on auto-pilot yet, if you know what I mean.
yep, there is a difference between being able to play a spec well enough to get by and being so comfortable with it that you're able to pay attention to everything else going on in a raiding environment. in any case, i was mainly just curious. we only have one dedicated tank at the moment, but he is also a prot pally so i'm not sure how that will work out. i suspect it will be fine, but having options is always nice.
renner wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 7:18 pm
As for server transferring, yes, I was planning on it, eventually. I assumed there would be some sort of trial period during which I could run a M+ or two with the guild, or even a raid night. Then, assuming that everything went well, I'd get a transfer started. Do you have any sort of procedure like that?
we don't have an official trial process. i added you to the raid invites for this week so if you're available you are welcome to come and see if you can tolerate us. as for character i generally encourage people to play whatever toon they prefer, so you if want to play on your paladin that should be fine.

as for communication, in addition to in game chat i check the forums frequently and we also have a cross realm community set up, more info about that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598