Monday Cleanup

guild news, policies, and raid information
Boosted7M

Monday Cleanup

Post by Boosted7M » May 31st, 2014, 8:06 am

Sorry about last night I just needed the sleep...had a LONGGG day. I was wonder if you guys went and up to what so I can get caught up for monday.

Justin

Inori

Re: Monday Cleanup

Post by Inori » May 31st, 2014, 9:40 am

That's fine since it happens to everyone every once in a while. When possible, try to change your calendar status in-game or using the mobile app to tentative or decline. The situation to avoid is "that guy always hits accept, but is never there".

If Jeff or myself are present in the raid, we usually post the combat log in the combat log forum here: viewforum.php?f=3 . If there were at least eight in-guild members, you can also check via the guild news in-game (for G3, this varies since we sometimes backfill with people's alts/friends that are cross server).

-HP

Inori

Post by Inori » May 31st, 2014, 9:48 am

To give people a peek under the hood, we set up the raids using Blizzard's in-game tools: the calendar and the guild roster. Especially for group 3, if I have to lead the group I go by the calendar first. When you are leading a raid from the calendar, there is a button that says 'Invite Members' that does a mass invite of everyone with 'Confirmed' and 'Accepted' status. 'Tentative', 'Declined', and 'did not respond' don't get invited when I hit that button. I open the calendar and look at the number of 'Accepted' and I then open the guild roster and look at the online total. If the number of 'Accepted' is > 10 and the online guild total is less than that, then I hit the invite button and voila -- priority for filling the raid is given to those who accepted the calendar invite and are online on time. If the number of 'Accepted' is < 10 and the online guild total is more than that, then I hit the invite button and voila -- priority for filling the raid is given to those who signed up via the calendar before I solicit in guild chat to fill the raid. Only when both numbers are > 10 do I sit down and try to build the raid by changing the 'Accepted' to 'Confirmed'/'Standby' by hand.

This is why it is very important to be online on the toon that accepted the calendar invite because Blizzard's tool does not recognize alts. That's also why it's very important to not be in a group/raid when the invite goes out or Blizzard's tool will not be able to invite you (I think you may get an error message that says "Someone tried to invite you to a raid or group, but you're already in a raid/group."). That's also why it's very important to get your raiding alts/mains promoted to the 'Casual Raider', 'Raider Alt', or 'Raider' rank. When forming the calendar invite, there is a 'Mass Invite' button that lets you fill the calendar with people by level (set to 90) and guild rank (set to 'Casual Raider' and above for G3). This is the reason why Jeff is very particular about auditing people's gear in the application process and the raider rank event -- it's to prevent the situation where people are invited to the raid that are ungemmed/unenchanted/low ilvl/way below hit/exp cap/etc. If I ever have to build the raid by hand (which is rare), I use the ranks in the guild roster to try to fill the raid with 'Raider' rank people ahead of 'Raider Alt' and 'Casual Raider' when possible.

Lastly, I always try to avoid leading the raid because I'm a slacker. If I do end up leading the raid and I was late, but you were online, on-time, on the correct toon, with the correct calendar status, not in another raid/group, and not AFK, let me know. Usually, if the invite goes out and you didn't get it, it's because of one of the preceding reasons. I suppose I should try to be home on time on Fridays.

-HP

Boosted7M

Post by Boosted7M » May 31st, 2014, 1:56 pm

Yeah I'm aware of the buttons and such I just wanted to apologize. I did switch my response though from accepted to tentative because I wanted to make it but wasn't sure lol. So did the grip go and how far did you get ?? Just so I can catch up and not have to skip bosses. Thnks

Justin

Inori

Post by Inori » May 31st, 2014, 7:40 pm

If you switched it to tentative, that's perfect. Note that the upside of accepting the calendar invite and almost always making it to the raid is that we will hold a spot if you do accept, but are running a little late. Off the top of my head, I think we finished at Galakras.

-HP

Inori

Post by Inori » May 31st, 2014, 7:41 pm

As in we killed Galakras, and Juggernaut is next.

-HP

Boosted7M

Post by Boosted7M » May 31st, 2014, 10:09 pm

Thanks for that info. I don't forsee anything holding me up on Monday. I don't like being eastern sometimes lol. See you guys soon. :)

Justin.