raider rank 1/7

rank information and character reviews / questions
draven

raider rank 1/7

Post by draven » January 8th, 2013, 12:25 am

greetings! starting with promotions at the beginning of this tier, i'm going to create a thread for each week and list the issues that i've found for those that do not pass inspection. i am generally picky about these things since i want people to get into the habit of always having their gear in order. please do not sign up for the raider event if your character obviously does not meet the requirements, as you're just wasting my time. if you repeatedly sign up without fixing issues i've already listed, i will not be pleased. if you have any questions feel free to reply here.

vassalio:
bracer, glove, and weapon enchants. based on your reforging, you also appear to be undervaluing spirit, unless that is your boomkin set.

AeroCross

Re: raider rank 1/7

Post by AeroCross » January 8th, 2013, 10:46 am

Hey Jeff! Just a couple of things here.

1. Is it cool if I use my PVP weapon for raiding? I've been raiding TES since it came out and I haven't got the drop from Le Shi (and I don't think I have another spirit staff drop, since the other weapons are daggers and one-hand maces, if I'm not mistaken).

2. Why do you say I'm undervaluing spirit in my reforging? I just logged in and I noticed that I (erroneously) reforged spirit from my weapon, but I removed that, and there are no other reforges from spirit (I only reforge from Mastery or Critical, Critical being priority in being removed). If that was the mistake, it is now fixed.

Also, I'm looking for Jade Spirit for my weapon enchant, but that'll take time. Perhaps I can find another, not-so-awesome enchant until I get it.

Inori

Post by Inori » January 8th, 2013, 3:03 pm

PvP weapons are fine because Blizz no longer includes PvP resil/power in the iLvl stat budget. Your iLvl 470 'PvP' weapon > iLvl 463 rare dungeon weapon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... o/advanced

When you view someone on the armory, there is an 'audit' and 'reforging' section on the right hand side. It is peculiar for healers to reforge out of spirit which is why the question was asked, but if you have a really good reason (e.g., I need to hit a certain haste breakpoint) then just state it. For enchants, at this point in the expansion you don't need to use the super expensive sha crystal enchants on gear that is likely to be upgraded soon. You do need to have the next best enchant which in your case would be windsong to weapon, mastery to bracers, and haste/mastery to gloves. You don't need to break the bank to raid (especially since the guild pays for repairs, flasks, and food), but pinching pennies and making the other nine people in your raid group work harder because you don't want to prepare = not cool.

-HP

AeroCross

Post by AeroCross » January 8th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Hey HP! Thanks for the reply.

As I stated, it was a total mistake reforging spirit - I don't know why or when did that happen, but it did, and that's what matters.

I'm hoping to get the TES staff this week, hopes up!

I also finished my enchants - I'm all set for next week's raider rank!

That'd be all. See ya in-game!

draven

Post by draven » January 8th, 2013, 8:13 pm

greetings. as hp mentioned, pvp weapons are fine, and you don't need to worry about jade spirit until you have a 489+ weapon, and windsong will be fine for now.

as for reforging, it was a general observation, and i just wanted to convey that haste is not as valuable these days, while spirit is much more necessary than it used to be. the minimum haste breakpoint you want to reach is 3043, which you are over by a bit. the next breakpoint after that is 4703, although it is lifebloom, which is not that important. the next valuable breakpoint is 6652 for wild growth, but it is unlikely that you will be able to reach that anytime soon. therefore any haste over 3043ish is generally better spent elsewhere, either on regen (spirit) or throughput (mastery > crit). balancing those is entirely a personal preference, and while spirit is probably not essential on the first four bosses of mv, that probably changes on elegon (since it is a two healer fight) and for everything after. i haven't spent a lot of time healing in pandaland thusfar, so someone else may be able to provide better insight, but i just wanted to convey that you will probably run into mana issues at some point so you should keep in mind the value of spirit, and that reforging into spirit is a valid approach.

AeroCross

Post by AeroCross » January 8th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Indeed!

I wanted to reach the 2nd haste cap but as you say, it might take a while to get there (unless I get the 5% haste buff, or even with some of those haste-on-proc trinkets) - nevertheless, I do appreciate the value of spirit, and if I recall correctly, I put in my raider application that it was my main goal. Since I've grown comfortable with my mana regen and the haste cap is a bit over the first one, I might start experimenting with some more reforging (of course, not from spirit!).

Of course, that's for LFR - once I start raiding more (and believe me, I DO want to do that!) I'll get to see exactly if I'm lacking spirit or not, fine-tune my healing strategies, and such.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I started to pay even more attention to my Druid, I hope I reach the raider title next week so I can join you! Can't wait!

draven

Post by draven » January 8th, 2013, 11:42 pm

k cool, like i said it's definitely personal preference, i just wanted to make sure you were aware of the haste breakpoints and that eventually spirit will be very helpful in normal mode :)

coree

Post by coree » January 9th, 2013, 9:56 am

. i haven't spent a lot of time healing in pandaland thusfar, so someone else may be able to provide better insight, but i just wanted to convey that you will probably run into mana issues at some point so you should keep in mind the value of spirit, and that reforging into spirit is a valid approach.
Speaking from experience as a Druid healer, spirit is very important! I have favored spirit a great deal in most of my reforging and I still find myself quite "thirsty" towards the end of most fights. Especially, like Jeff mentioned, from Elegon on. I use www.askmrrobot.com/ quite a bit. It seems to really help in finding that balance. Just be sure to choose PVE (none teir build).