Group 2 11/1

guild news, policies, and raid information
Benvolo

Group 2 11/1

Post by Benvolo » October 31st, 2007, 12:11 pm

Ok, so with the addition of the Core group and the sub list, here is what we have for Thursday.  Note: I am still trying to recruit a couple more priests, so we may need people on alts still for this week.MT: Thandrenn (core)OT: Akuma (core)Priest: Starsaver (sub, hopefully for this week)Priest: Fionaa (sub or core?) --- sub is MyrdinPally: Weedeater (core)Hunter: Nagashi (core)Rogue: Drp (core)Mage: Benvolo (core)Mage: Another (i think you wanted core)Rogue: Draven (sub)So I need confirmation from Fionaa and Another as to whether or not they want to be on the core list or the sub list.  I think I remember talking to Another in game or something about being on the core list, but I am not really sure.Remember that those of you on the sub list that are not rostered, I will be rotating people in so that you all get your fair share of kara.  Also if you on the sub list and are not rostered, but can still come, be on when invites go out in case real life happens, and someone can't make it.Plan:ThursdayMoroesOperaCuratorSundayShadeChessClean up Attumen and MaidenRemember first pull is 8pm server, invites go out at 7:30.  If you are not there at 8pm, you are late, and I will begin looking for subs.Benvolo

draven

Group 2 11/1

Post by draven » October 31st, 2007, 1:20 pm

greetings.  i'm good for thursday but can't make it sunday.  if you'd prefer to switch me out with someone who can make the full run that's fine with me, just lemme know.  thanks

Jon

Group 2 11/1

Post by Jon » October 31st, 2007, 3:50 pm

I just talked to Fionaa and he was going to have a hard time raiding, so I'm going to sub in this week for both Thursday and Sunday for healing.

OldGeezer

Group 2 11/1

Post by OldGeezer » November 1st, 2007, 1:38 pm

If Myrdinn would like it, I suggest giving him a healer core spot as my time of late is being sucked up with real life. I'm always willing sub when my time permits.   Tim

Benvolo

Group 2 11/1

Post by Benvolo » November 1st, 2007, 3:33 pm

That's fine Tim, I will put you on the sub list.  So Myrdin (unless he is opposed) will be taking a core healer spot in the raid.

Jon

Group 2 11/1

Post by Jon » November 1st, 2007, 4:20 pm

I'm just taking a break from practicing with my band this week so that's why I've been able to raid.  Sunday nights are usually good, but let me check on my schedule for the next couple of months before I take a core spot.  My next few shows are on weekends (Fri or Sat) so that's a good thing.

mlefebvr

Group 2 11/1

Post by mlefebvr » November 1st, 2007, 7:41 pm

Hey all :) Always core for me! We will rock tonight. Mike

thandrenn

Group 2 11/1

Post by thandrenn » November 2nd, 2007, 1:02 am

And rock we did.

One shot on Moroes, Opera, Curator and Attumen. Great job everyone.

Moroes:
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch -> Idravenl
Shadow-Cloak of Dalaran -> Zuklen

Opera: Romulo & Julianne:
Romulo's Poison Vial -> Idravenl
Earthsoul Leggings -> Sharded

Curator:
Wrynn Dynasty Gleaves -> Sharded
Gloves of the Fallen Hero -> Benvolo

Attumen:
Steelhawk Crossbow -> Nagashi
Worgen Claw Necklace -> Idravenl

Drumble

Group 2 11/1

Post by Drumble » November 2nd, 2007, 4:05 am

Gratz guys!Romulo's Poison Vial -> IdravenlGuild first!

Jon

Group 2 11/1

Post by Jon » November 2nd, 2007, 11:47 am

So looks like we'll have some additional bosses to kill on Sunday.  My vote would be to go to Prince after Chess, there's not too much trash to kill and we want his loots. 

Drumble

Group 2 11/1

Post by Drumble » November 2nd, 2007, 2:43 pm

Shade!   " I will not move when flame wreath is cast, or the raiiiiiid blooooooows uuuuuup!"

Nagashi

Group 2 11/1

Post by Nagashi » November 3rd, 2007, 7:41 am

Err Prince.... after Shade the other night well, I'd rather take a beating from a "harder" boss (Prince) and spend my pots, elixirs, gold for repairs and foods on him than Shade. Also be cool to do the other bosses when we can get around to them. I really think we need a third night if we ever really hope on "clearing" Kara, two three hour sessions just doesn't seem to be enough time at this point and with the new patch coming very soon with Zul, I know we are going want to hit that too but have/need the gear to do so. Anyway Thursday was sweet we just hammered it! Finally got a ranged weapon upgrade woot! Thank you all for that!!! :)

Benvolo

Group 2 11/1

Post by Benvolo » November 3rd, 2007, 10:06 am

Great job on Thursday night!  Here is the roster for SundayMT: ThandrennOT: AkumaPriest: Zuklen or StarsaverResto Druid: MyrdinnPally: WeedeaterRogue: DrpRogue: Gamayun (sub) (did I spell your name right?)Mage: BenvoloMage: AnotherHunter: NagashiMy plan as of nowShade-I still think it is important that we get this boss under control.  Now that we have a group that is basically the same, I want to be able to establish a strategy that works for us everyweek.  Also, getting Shade down gives us that teleport to his library, which is nice.Chess- because we have toPrince- We will get attempts at him Sunday night.  If that means that we only get one shot at Shade, then so be it.  I think that it is time we make it through all of the required bosses every raid week.  Once we can get that, we can start adding the optional bosses.  If we have to start skipping Shade for a few weeks, thats what we will do.Maiden- We didn't get around to it Thursday night, and there are still loots we need off her.So there you have it.  Make sure everyone comes prepared with knowledge of all the fights.  Esp Prince.  Not many of us have seen this fight more than a couple times, so it is important that we all know what is going to happen.Also, please try and get your consumables purchased/ made before Sunday night.  Food and Weapon buffs are the minimum for boss fights.  I won't get on anyone's case for not using elixers when we are working on new bosses, as it is not expected that we will one shot a new boss.  So elixers will get expensive.  But weapon buffs stay through death, and food buffs are cheap.  Remember, invites at 7:30pm...  First pull at 8pmBe there or be square!  Andy

Jon

Group 2 11/1

Post by Jon » November 5th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Nice job on Shade last night everybody (and chess for that matter, hehe).  We got down shade without about 30 seconds left before he went beserk, it was wild.  Normal learning curve on Prince, enfeebles kill, reacting to unlucky infernals is fairly hard.  Looking forward to getting in a Netherspite try next week.  It's a tricky, but satisfying fight.  Also, maybe we can get a lock in for an Illhoof try next week?  I'll wait for the official post, but looks like this coming Thursday 11/8 won't work for me, but Sunday 11/11 I should be able to make it if heals are needed.    

Akumabarai

Group 2 11/1

Post by Akumabarai » November 5th, 2007, 7:13 pm

I think Thandrenn had a combat log recording Sunday. Could you please link the webstats here?I'd like to go over our shade fights at least.

Gama

Group 2 11/1

Post by Gama » November 5th, 2007, 8:34 pm

Let me know if you want me to come this thursday.
I think i learned a lot more at the instance than I did from reading at wowwiki.

Sunday run was my internship at kara, I want a f/t position :)

cheers

thandrenn

Group 2 11/1

Post by thandrenn » November 5th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Loot:

Shade of Aran:
Tirisfal Wand of Ascendency -> Another
Boots of the Incorrupt -> Zuklen

Chess:
Girdle of Treachery -> Drp (about time you replace that green!)
Triptych Shield of the Ancients -> Weedeater

Maiden:
Bands of Nefarious Deeds -> Benvolo
Shard of the Virtuous -> Myrdinn

Logs:
Thursday - http://wowwebstats.com/yhu2f3iygdrdy
Sunday - http://wowwebstats.com/xwp6izfsxaozw

drp

Group 2 11/1

Post by drp » November 5th, 2007, 11:54 pm

was nice having you there gama, and nice job, you came in for the first time on the harder half of the instance and didnt do to bad, we just need to get you in some better gear I would say save up some arena points for your shoulders if your not arleady in a team, jump in some pvp for the bracers and let us get you some weapons from kara :)

drp

Group 2 11/1

Post by drp » November 5th, 2007, 11:56 pm

oh and almost forgot, try and get your legs from SL/chest from mech those are gonna be some of hte better gear avaible to you for awhile

Han

Group 2 11/1

Post by Han » November 6th, 2007, 7:46 am

Also, the stealthers helm of second sight is a nice piece... Other than those posted here, maybe pick up a couple more enchants, like attack power to bracers (super cheap).