Post by Furrie » March 14th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Name: Theodore S.
IRL Age: 18
Character Name: Furrie
Class: Rogue
Level: 85
Main Spec: Assassination PvE
Off Spec: Assassination PvP / Subtlety PvP
Trade skills: Skinning (540) / Leatherworking (525)
PvP or PvE focus? PvP

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- General Guild Information and Policies
- About Us
Yes

What is your raid experience?
10M/25M Naxxramas, 10M/25M Trial of the Crusader, (5/12) 10M Ulduar, 10M/25M Vault of Archavon, (7/13) 10M Icecrown Citadel, 10M/25M Obsidian Sanctum, 10M Eye of Eternity

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Immature and not very member-friendly.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Nobody except the recent applicants, Woofles and Garrosh.

How did you find out about our guild?
Recommendation from a friend, Garrosh.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
6th alt but this is my main Alliance-side.

What are your play times?
Generally everyday evening (6pm - 10pm)

What of our raid times would you be able to make?
Any of them except for usually Monday, considering my workload is clear.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Definitely.

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems?
Unfortunately not so much, as I haven't raided in Cataclysm yet.

Raiders are expected to bring consumables to raids. In the following categories what consumable would you bring and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flask of the winds - Agility buff.
- Well Fed: Skewered Eel - Agility Buff.
- Potion: Potion of the Tol'Vir - Agility Buff.

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
17% capped.

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
Agility, or agility + mastery if the socket bonus is beneficial.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
Reforge lesser stats (crit, haste, expertise) into hit cap, then start stacking mastery.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Flame Leviathan (Ulduar). This is my favorite since when it initially was released, the siege mechanics were innovative and fun to use. The fight, both up to it and with it, is one of the things I remember the best about raiding. I actually haven't experienced any Cataclysm raiding so far, so I'm looking forward to trying out any of the bosses since they are supposedly a lot more fun than Wrath bosses.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
Deadly Boss Mods, Recount (sort of a boss mod)

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively?
Tankspot and Wowhead

Link your armory profile.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... rie/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us?
I would actually prefer if I could apply as Raider-alt, instead of a full-fledged raider.

Daghi

Furrie - Rogue - Raider

Post by Daghi » March 14th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Same problem as woofles, I like your answers but I can't evaluate because armory shows you in your pvp gear. So have an officer look at your gear in game or log out in your pve gear and reply here.

Furrie

Furrie - Rogue - Raider

Post by Furrie » March 14th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Ah I just logged out in my pre-raid gear. Seems to be updated.

Daghi

Furrie - Rogue - Raider

Post by Daghi » March 14th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Thanks, gear, etc. looks good, just need chest, cloak and boots enchanted, then I'll be happy to promote you to raider. They don't have to be enchants that need maelstrom crystals. Once that's done talk to me or any other officer and refer them to this post and we'll make it happen.

draven

Furrie - Rogue - Raider

Post by draven » March 15th, 2011, 3:29 am

first, i want to hopefully clarify the difference between raider and raider alt since their meaning within the guild has been evolving the past month or so, why we're having you guys fill out multiple apps, and why we're being picky about things. the short version is that being ranked at raider in our guild means that you meet our minimum expectations and at the most basic level (your character) you are ready to raid in the current content tier. we don't have any attendance policies, so you can raid whenever it suits you and your schedule. however, due to the nature of cata raids, pretty much the only way you would get into a raid at this point is if you are at the raider rank. the raider alt rank is mainly a placeholder rank for those that are interested in raiding, but do not meet our requirements. therefore if you are interested in raiding at all, it's in your best interest to be ranked at raider, otherwise there isn't much difference between raider alt and member.
hopefully that helps clear things up a bit, thanks for bearing with us :)

anywho, unfortunately for you my main is a rogue so i get to be extra picky on your app. it looks good, although i do have a few comments about about your gear. again, these comments mainly only apply if you want to be ranked at raider, so if you don't care either way, you can just ignore this part.
your meta should be the new agility one, we have a few people that can make it so you don't have to pay whatever the ah prices are these days.
you should be using blue gems instead of green, and you should generally gem straight agility unless the socket bonus is agility. haste and mastery are good, but agility is still much better.
as daghi said, we require that 346+ gear is properly enchanted, so you would need to get those last three pieces plus a belt buckle taken care of.
you should be using hurricane on your off-hand as well. i know the chain is better for pvp, but you can probably pick up the justice point off-hand and use that instead for pve.
finally, for your spec i would recommend putting the point in blackjack into deadly brew instead, as there are a lot of time when slowing something is useful.

in any case, track someone down online and we can get you an invite, and we can figure out rank stuff later if necessary.