Name:NIck
IRL Age:27
Character Name:Donnandra
Level:80
Spec:arcane
Trade skills:Alchemy,Herbalism
PvP or PvE focus (what spec will you raid with)?PvE,
arcane can respec if needed
Have you read and do you understand the "Before you apply -- READ THIS FIRST!!!" sticky post in this forum?
yes
What is your raid experience?
I have done a raid
Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
It was a group of friends and there alts.
Does anyone in our guild know you?
Perseus and Fragen RL Friends
How many alts do you have and is this your main?
2 but this is my main
What are your play times?
5pm to 11pm
What of our raid times would you be able to make?
Any time after 4:30pm and till 11:00pm on days I work, any time on days i don't
Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
yes
Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems?
I'm still working on it
What potion/elixir consumables will you bring to a raid (be specific)?
lesser flask of toughness, flask of endless rage, mojo, stoneblood, frost wyrm, healing and mana
What food food consumables will you bring to the raid (be specific)?
mage table
What is the (spell) hit your class needs to be viable in a raid?

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?

What boss mod do you use?
Deadly boss mods
What website do you use to read up on encounters proactively?
wowwiki
Anything you want to tell us?

Link your armory profile ---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Donnandra, l 80 Gnome Mage
Anything I missed or you want to tell us?
i have Decursive too

Benvolo

80 mage looking for guild

Post by Benvolo » January 16th, 2009, 1:07 pm

So, you want to join to raid I am assuming, if not and you just want to play with your RL friends then none of what I am going to say really matters. First, you didn't fill out all of your application.  As a raiding mage you didn't even try to guess at what the spell hit cap is for your class.  You just left it blank.  There is no stat in the game that will give you a larger dps increase on boss fights that hit.  You need to know what amount of hit you need all the time.  That means if there is a shadow priest or boomkin you need to know how that effects your hit needs, and adjust properly.  Second, if you want to raid, your spec is wrong.  We do bring arcane mages to raid, but those people also like to pvp a lot from what I can tell.  If you want to do real damage, spec properly.  Third, your gemming in your pants is questionable at best.  Penetration is the most useless thing in the game.  Its almost worse than no gem at all, since you probably spent money to get that gem.  Fourth, we have a lot of mages in the guild right now.  And as you have probably just seen, I can be quite a hard ass when it comes to mages.  It is the class I raid, and the only class I play. Fifth, when we asked about food consumables, we meant food buffs.  Mage table is obvious, we wanted to know what food buffs you will use.   Please fill out all of the app if you want to join to raid.  If you want to play with friends and not raid, then please disregard all of what I posted.