Warrior Tank

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Blanched

Warrior Tank

Post by Blanched » June 8th, 2008, 4:57 pm

My name is Seth Mueller I am 19 my toon is named Blanched 70 prot : 380 JC/ 375 Mining all heroic keys i believe and keyed for kara: PvE focus i really wanna raid :D i read and undestand i am applying to not just a guild but a sorta family where i am a representative and must show the same respect that i hope for. My raiding experience consists of Kara, Gruuls, Mags, 2/5 SSC, 1/4 TK, 1/5 Hyjal, and ive tanked to the first boss of BT but never downed him. The current guild was very shady and centered around the GM and his RL friends. i didnt feel connected to the guild too much and was not invited to raids often, not because of my skill lvl but because of the GMs personal preference to Pally tanks D: I had a friend in your guild at one time name Ryan (mahatma) he doesnt play anymore due to a hacker stealing his account, D: (tragic indeed) this is my main, i can raid anytime after 5pm server. i could sit out if necessary; however, i would love the opportunity to show my talent and help the guild as much as possible. i have no problem getting pots, flasks etc for myself, i always read up on raids and raid bosses since i find it interesting lol. i invest into my enchants and gems for myself and have already taken the liberty to do so. In closing i want to thank you for your time and hope you would consider me. pst me in game (Blanched) i am on often so hopefully i shall speak with the GM or an officer soon. :D

Blanched

Warrior Tank

Post by Blanched » June 8th, 2008, 11:04 pm

forgot to leave link so you can gear check me ;D wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Blanched

Drumble

Warrior Tank

Post by Drumble » June 9th, 2008, 7:37 am

Armory is broken at the moment -- but I felt I should respond with general comments before I fine-toothed-comb you. :)   Your attitude seems positive and you seem to work hard on what you do ... tough to gauge though without armory and/or seeing you in action.   What are some of the websites you gather resources from? We currently have 2 prot. warriors, 1 prot. pally, 2 feral druids in most raids -- sometimes one of our warriors opts to play his warlock for the raid makeup -- sometimes our prot. pally isn't able to make it, but we consistantly have 2 feral druids and one prot. warrior always there.  (This week is the exception, taking my family on vacation..) So we're full on MT/OT positions excepting odd circumstances - so if that was what you were looking for, I'm not sure this is the right guild for you.  However, there are many encounters and trash that require more than a couple tanks .. so .... ..... tell me what you're looking for?  

Blanched

Warrior Tank

Post by Blanched » June 9th, 2008, 4:13 pm

First of all, Thank you Chuunks i like the attitude of this guild. just from reading your guild prerecs it seems very relaxed and organized. i also like the fact the guild is led by a mature adult cause that means things will get done for the guild and not in selfish ambition. To answer the first question i gather my tanking resources from Elitistjerks and Tankspot as well as my brother who has been playing the game long before i have. As far as boss encounters go i use the same sites as you which can be googled and Youtube the fights etc. (you gotta check out the kiljaeden fight if you havent yet its BEAUTIFUL :D) I am honestly searching for a guild where i will feel more connected and cared about as a person and as a player. If your guild has that, which i sense than raiding is only a fun thing to do with friends at that point (taken seriously and mentally prepared of course). As long as i am given an opportunity i believe i can impress you and i will be willing to contribute to the raid/Guild in any way i can. if that means sitting out for someone that can do a better job than me than so be it. Plz keep me posted sir i would love to speak with you online if you are ever on. Thank you again Chuunks Seth aka Blanched

Drumble

Warrior Tank

Post by Drumble » June 10th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Staggers the mind to think of how many badges you've spent on gear. :D  Everything looks really good, actually -- you've made intelligent choices on most things -- anything I say would be picking holes in a pretty solid tank.  Though one thing does stand out, 10 stamina on your gloves < 240 armor as far as effective health is concerned of course -- and (this is an opinion) < 2% threat.   Granted it's small amounts added in the long run ... we have some mages/locks that can go supernova and I dont want to hold them back.  I find myself opting more and more for threat (which scales terribly) over other things just to try and keep up. My vote would be "yes" based on what I see as to your attitude and level of commitment your gear speaks to.   BUT, I want to re-iterate that you're heading into a guild that has MT/OT set fairly solid, the amount of tanks and the amount of healers we bring to an encounter tend to be precise as over supplying either of them gimps our DPS.  I could not guarantee raid spots as I dont do invites, but you know the instances well enough to know that many trash/bosses require more than two tanks.   (I hope you saved some of those badges for your fury swap gear when not in "tank"mode. :)) So I'll leave it up to you -- knowing that there might not be a raid spot merely based on group composition/raid goals -- if you want to join, you've got my vote.  

Blanched

Warrior Tank

Post by Blanched » June 10th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Once again thank you for the reply sir. I would love to join and experience what the guild has to offer. anytime you or another officer is on just lemme know. I have actually started to gather a PvE dps set for just such occasions, though it does not compare to the amount of time i put into badge farming my tank gear lol. it is almost time to start saving for my dps badge loot gear. after one more thing i believe. Other than that, thank you so much for your time. i look forward to speaking with you guys again. :D Seth

GotCookies

Warrior Tank

Post by GotCookies » June 11th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Hi Blanched, My name is Jimmy online  my character is GotCookies. I am at the bottom of the tottem pole because I recently joined to further go place in PVE and continue to play wow with my real life freinds. I was reading and how you have a love for tanking and am well geared and experienced at it.. Going of what I believe Chunks mention that the raids do have plenty of experienced and well geared tanks so getting in those may be difficult. However I do notice a spot that you may wish to look into. I know that on off raiding days there apears to be a lot of people looking to get a 2nd group going for ZA that would make weekly runs. Maybe you could work with the leader and get yourself in as a OT or MT for ZA. I know Libi, whitetadpole, belaraus (sp?), and I would be interested in finding a weekly group and pretty sure you could find more. To those in charge of the guild, if I overstep my bounds with this post please let me know and I will not do so in the future.  Thanks

Han

Warrior Tank

Post by Han » June 11th, 2008, 1:30 pm

GotCookies wrote To those in charge of the guild, if I overstep my bounds with this post please let me know and I will not do so in the future.  Thanks
  Go nuts!  <3 people getting their own raids together on off days :)

draven

Warrior Tank

Post by draven » June 11th, 2008, 1:45 pm

Hanh wrote  GotCookies wrote To those in charge of the guild, if I overstep my bounds with this post please let me know and I will not do so in the future.  Thanks     Go nuts!  <3 people getting their own raids together on off days :)
what he said, and i would like to add that there aren't really any restrictions on posting on the forums outside of common sense rules, as we're generally happy to see what people have to say.  besides, the forum gods can always smite your post if they don't approve of it ;)

Blanched

Warrior Tank

Post by Blanched » June 15th, 2008, 12:07 am

Sorry i have not pst in the past couple of days. My GM whispered me asking me to halt on my decision for a week or so to make sure it is what i really wanted. he promised to try to get me into some raids for the week and that if it doesnt work out than i may leave without grief. TBH today i ran ZA with him and did not feel very welcomed or appreciated. I have been told that you are visiting with your family atm, so i hope to speak with you soon Chuunks. Enjoy the visit, i know sometimes my family is a little nuts. :D Seth