How to get in a Karazhan raid?

guild news, policies, and raid information
Drumble

Post by Drumble » June 19th, 2007, 7:22 am

THE PROBLEMObviously we're going to go through some sort of evolution as we embrace more members and have avid players who want to raid  -- this is a small instance that is somewhat unforgiving for group makeup.  While we're learning encounters and unfinished, I think it behooves us to keep it to one raid group -- that pools all of our resources into one, and is the quickest way to realize the eventual goal of running 2 full raid teams IMHO.HISTORYFor those not up on the history, FA was born out of a number of smaller guilds that used to gather weekly for a ZG raid Wednesday night and a second night negotiated depending on where we got to / the day it reset.  When BC released, we all reformed to Forged Alliance -- but our weekly raid group gradually tapered off as people both lost interest and gained interest in other things  (pvp, alts, hardcore guilds, etc..) ..  recently we've been struggling on our main raid nights to even start on time and our secondary raid nights we've been lucky to have 10 people.  Thanks to Paragon / ex-Paragon members for helping us out with that!!!MY PROPOSALThere has already been a good dedication shown by the Wednesday group that has stayed with it -- a few have made special arrangements with their spouses to be early on one day a week and I think there should keep the synergy we've already created, or in the least we should define core groups for certain days.  In this way, we can embrace Tuesday as the first raid night with newer folks - they can gear up and learn to work together on the earlier encounters, and fill in or swap out for people on Wednesday.  Wednesday / Thursday we can try and stretch how far we go, heck - one of the nights could be a late one for all you west coast families.  All of this eventually leading to 2 complete raid teams ... Ideas / Comments / Questions ?

Han

Post by Han » June 19th, 2007, 8:48 am

That plan sounds pretty good... I can definitely devote one night a week (minimum) every week, wether it be tuesday, wednesday or thursday depends on the week.  My wednesday obligations are over, so my vote is to roll with mason's suggestion...

Kairah-VW

Post by Kairah-VW » June 19th, 2007, 3:54 pm

I know I'm not one of the core raiding group yet.  Would like to be, but in the meantime I'm happy to raid Tuesdays to do the earlier parts of Kara that some of you might be tired of already.  I am also willing to go on Wednesday whenever there is a spot for me.  Thursdays in general aren't good for me, but the rest of the weekend is.  I would be happy to raid 2-3 nights most weeks.  The same goes for Lhono as we have the same schedule.  Jetta

Hardwigg

Post by Hardwigg » June 19th, 2007, 5:55 pm

I'd also be interested in bringing Huck along for the early content in the raid if we do that on Tuesdays, then bring Hardwigg in on the more challenging encounters.  As it stands, Huck still needs to complete Black Morass, but once he does I'd glady use him to trudge through the first few bosses if people are becoming disinterested in those.

dudepal

Post by dudepal » June 19th, 2007, 11:30 pm

I do like the concept of newer members/members who can't attend as often running tuesdays, with the only problem being that some more regular members may need loots from the earlier bosses still.  I know I would really like moroes offhand, and especially especially the maiden bracers (there are no blue cloth healing bracers in any of the 70 instances, so i'm still stuck wearing greens).   Either way though, i'd be nice to get a decent rotation of members going.  At this point I'd definitely prefer seeing raids every night with a differing groups of people to two separate raids or something.