Chuunks, Totems, etc

guild news, policies, and raid information
Han

Chuunks, Totems, etc

Post by Han » June 18th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Mason, I didn't want to much up the Warrior general info thread with props to your dps last night, but those numbers were no joke!  Granted, we had an ideal situation with strength and agility totems along with a low armor boss, but still, that was great.  Speaking of totems, I noticed several times we would pull the trash and not bring it back far enough to be in range of the totems... At least not for me being behing the mob.  I know nothing about shammy's, can they toss more totems up in battle?  Or does it use too much mana?  We are all new at running with a shammy, so noone is to blame, but 77 agility and 50 or 60 something strength is fairly significant for warriors and rogues, so we should bear in mind the totem locations when pulling.  Does anyone know the range of the buffs?

Lhono

Chuunks, Totems, etc

Post by Lhono » June 18th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Gang-  All good questions, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.  Regarding totems in battle: part of it is my fault, having not run with a large group like this with my shaman, part of it is totem preservation (ie I don't want to mobs to lose aggro and take down a totem), part of it being when I lay down my full set of totems it can be mana intensive.  However, most of these things I can manage and control better.  This is my campaign promise to you, "Better Totem Control and Placement" (BTCP--*insert Bill Clinton thumb and lip bite*)Regarding range, the standard is 30yd.  I do have the totemic mastery talent that increases the radius of affect of my totems by 30yd.  My totem deployment usually consists of Strength of Earth Totem (+98 str), Grace of Air Totem (+88 agi), Flame Tongue Weapon Totem (all party member's  main hand weapons deal additional 19.4-59.7 fire dmg : slower weapon = more dmg per hit) and a Mana Spring Totem (my guilty pleasure, restores 12 mana/2seconds).  Each totem's duration is 2 minutes.  Hope this helps, open to any more questions.L$

Fargol

Chuunks, Totems, etc

Post by Fargol » June 19th, 2007, 1:13 am

Miramel wroteMason, I didn't want to much up the Warrior general info thread with props to your dps last night, but those numbers were no joke! 
I'm all for seeing Miramel at number 2 on the dmg meters, but because of a warrior? Outlandish! Well done though, quite impressive :-)

Drumble

Chuunks, Totems, etc

Post by Drumble » June 19th, 2007, 6:31 am

LOL thanks for the compliments, you're right -- it was the ideal situation to deliver the fury raid DPS.  Honestly I thought I screwed up and could have performed a lot better (not on damage charts, just in the encounter).  Two things I learned during/about that fight:*  You still have a good 3 seconds to get into position before the Flame Wreath*  Execute is nice -- pummelling his frostbolt and THEN executing is nicer, an extra 1-2k damage vs. someone in the raid taking 4-5k from the spell.That's a fun raid spec, but it's a kick in the teeth to try and run any other instances as warrior.  Doable -- not "fun" doable, just doable.  This week I'm going to remain fury as per my agreement with Mahnalor, but this definately still feels like someone elses skin to me.