Escarriot has left the guild

guild news, policies, and raid information
late1

Post by late1 » April 27th, 2007, 3:52 pm

I came here to post a "farewell" message and to my suprise find that Krikor has left the guild as well.  Anyways, I too have enjoy playing with all of you and wish to continue, but i'm also looking to tap a bit of end game content.  I've been given the opportunity to pursue more content and given the amount of time I play wow, I've decided to give it a whirl.  FA has a good amount of healers that I'm certain can fill my shoes; my leaving shouldn't come as a major loss.  Feel free to hit me up anytime you'd like to run something... ya know some good old fashioned drunk underbog nights.  :)See you in WoW.Mike - Escarriot

Mahnalor

Post by Mahnalor » April 27th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Hi Mike,Completely understandable.  Good luck and we'll see ya around!  We'll miss the Pally of Power -Jose

Drumble

Post by Drumble » April 28th, 2007, 5:34 am

Good luck in the new team bud -- you deserve a hard core guild. I want to raid more too. :(  Look me up whenever if you need tank/mage -- EVENTUALLY I'll get those heroic keys. :)Is the iceberg melting?  Who's next?  Should we all be looking for a more dedicated guild?  That's two dedicated players gone in a week ...

TIggerstYle

Post by TIggerstYle » April 30th, 2007, 7:58 am

First off i have split feelings about the pally of power leaving us, firstly it sucks to see you go, always fun chatting and grouping with you, but on the other hand one less Plate wearer stealing my loot  j/k And as far as " the iceburg melting" Chuunks, back in the day when we all formed up we never considered ourselves a hardcore raiding guild with the likes of masqueers or anything close to that. And unfortunately Blizzard has made the end game content way way to hard for " Casual Gamers" as even a hardcore Uber geared guild like Masquers takes 4 to 5 days of 5 hour nights to complete Kara which is deemed the easiest of the end game content. I dont blame those of you with that kinda time on their hands for leaving and trying to get into the hardcore end game content, that kinda time commitment just doesnt fit into some of our lives and thus the reason FA is what it is. Anyhow my 2 cents and the reason im staying an FAer ( i still have about 4 alts that need to make it to 70 anyway :) Take Care Mike and see ya online  

Drumble

Post by Drumble » April 30th, 2007, 8:52 am

Don't compare white to black and call it different. The comparison to Masquers doesn't hold -- correct.  We're not a hardcore guild -- we're a casual guild with a few people who crave endgame, a few people who are happy to have a weekly "poker game" and a few in the middle.  We had enough forward momentum by the enthusiasts to still progress despite some slacking on the other end of the spectrum ... We got a huge punch in the gut with two of our more dedicated players leaving.   Don't you think it's time for a little self-analysis? We're a hodge-podge.  Dedicated/casual.  If Krikor/Escarriot were getting into weekly events and driven forward with their key team, I imagine we might be at a better spot today - but as it stands, the more they helped the rest get keyed, the less they were able to raid because of our carebear raid assembly.  Their dedication should have been rewarded with a guaranteed spot.  The consistancy of working together with the same team would have progressed further and helped organize more than one night a week for raiding.  Filter in the casuals when Team A members can't show -- sound brutal?  Work for a position on Team A. Look, I've already said - and I think we now collectively agree "I'm an asshole" - I dont mean any of this in an impolite manner.  But I dont think I'm the only person who want's endgame progression, and I dont think I'm the only person who's now questioning whether or not I'll find it in this guild. I dont want to carry this torch. I'd be happy to be a dedicated player to this guild, but I'm not going to try and motivate you guys -- I want to be part of a motivated team.

Gathgor

Post by Gathgor » April 30th, 2007, 9:16 am

I must say that I am bummed about our 2 guildies leaving.  So what can we do to rectify this? I completely feel TJ's sentiment about his comments and I am definitely for continuing to be in FA.  I am here because of the personalities of the other players in this guild.  To many people in other hardcore guilds are "assholes" and Mason you are not one of them. But I too would like to progress in more of the end game content.  I had fun in my first Karazhan last week.  What I think we need is 1-3 people to be raid leader for an A team and we have 2 dedicated nights for hard core gaming.  I see that 8 guildies have checked the box for a sunday 2nd day, but I was on most of the day yesterday and only a few of us were online.  Is Sunday really the best day?  This is what I suggest:  Mason, you pick the 2nd day from the data generated from the questionnaire and the rest of us will work on making it. Don't leave, Mason.  Let's work through this. 

Jon

Post by Jon » April 30th, 2007, 11:53 am

Escarriot, sorry to see you go! I have witnessed the Pally of Power become hardcore and can understand your desire to move onwards to the juicy end game content. So gratz on your move, go get some epic lootz that will help our 3v3 team and our 5-man heroic runs. Have always had fun watching the furlbog wreak havoc and hope to still run with ya moving forward. So don't be a stranger and log on to some FA alts once in a while to say what's up.

TIggerstYle

Post by TIggerstYle » May 1st, 2007, 8:46 am

I would hate to see anyone stay in the guild when the feel they can do better elsewhere. I mean we are all adults here, Due to Tom and I being such good friends ive been offered many spots in Masquers but i dont have the time to commit to a guild like that. If end game content is your goal i honestly dont think FA will get that far into it, maybe one day we can get a Kara complete but Cot, Gruul and Serpent Shrine 25 mans are a wet dream, and if you think different then maybe you are in the wrong guild. I know im the worst when it comes to commiting to raids,  with Wanda working as much as she does, its tough for me to schedule a 4 hour run in when i have barely seen her in a week, so that makes it tough. Dont get me wrong Purples are the shizzle but my marriage is a little more important :) I dont hold anything against Mike or Koko for leaving and honestly dont think its the last of the exodus to happen. As it is though i hope we can still put a group together every week and try to get through Kara.

Drumble

Post by Drumble » May 2nd, 2007, 10:01 am

TIggerstYle wrote I would hate to see anyone stay in the guild when the feel they can do better elsewhere.
I disagree strongly with this statement, it cops an attitude of "that's the way things are, if you dont like it - just GTFO".  That's a tough guy POS attitude I would expect from a big raiding guild.  We're not Denny's, looking to hire the next pimply faced kid out of high school when one quits -- we're a family of sorts, and not a big one. ... maybe we can just put a little work in and make this a guild for us all?   The only way to improve on a situation is to question your assumptions, and analyze the results.  Jon put forth a good suggestion, and I hope everyone will start posting their weekly availability in the stickied thread at the top of this forum.  From that we can at least figure out perhaps a FEW extra raid days a week.  

Gathgor

Post by Gathgor » May 2nd, 2007, 2:03 pm

One thing to remember is that the main 25 man dungeon isn't even prime time yet and we have enough to work on Karazhan at the moment.  We also have a small number of guildies who do not have 70 mains that are leveling toons up including Xandor, RupertG, Delv, and a few others that will help fill in holes when they hit 70. The one thing we should remember is the reason we all made this guild in the first place.  I have been in big raiding guilds like Masquers and they just do NOT fit my personality.  Most of the high end guildies in those guilds are asshats that don't even want you to speak  to officers unless you were a founding member.  So if FA did not exist and I got an invite to a big raiding guild, I would not go.  Too painful.  Honestly, I've never been in a guild like this one and I want to see it fluorish.  I can completely understand your time commitments and marriage commitments, TJ.  I have them too.  But for you and others with time commitments, what can you do?  When can you come?  If only for half a raid night then good.  I have posted my available times on the site and stated that mondays would not work for me; however, if monday becomes a raid night then I will work on my schedule to rearrange my family time so that I could make it in the future.  Miramel stated that he will likely not be able to come on wednesdays in the future due to a league he was joining.  Let's find 1-2 more nights.  And we may have to get PUGs and one of those PUGs may even be Escarriot. Mason, 8 guildies picked sunday night for a raid night.  Let's make that a raid night.  And let's make it official:  how does 6PM sound?  I think we should also make posts about dungeons that we want to run with guildies.  I need Bot, Mech, and Shattered Halls for tanking gear and the Arcatraz key.  I'm going to make a post within the next week for sign ups to let people know that I want to run this on a specific night to help coordinate things... maybe tomorrow night.

mlefebvr

Post by mlefebvr » May 4th, 2007, 12:10 am

Well, I hate to see them go, but I wish them good luck! I want to say, thank you, for your guys input. We can make this guild great.I too, was in a big guild, they were relentless on schedule. I do like the casual atmosphere of this guild.It's pefect for me!Lets get through kara! i'm ready! Mike