Gruul's Lair Preparation and Plan

guild news, policies, and raid information
Han

Post by Han » July 25th, 2007, 8:19 am

So, with all the problems of splitting into two 10 man groups, it seems that the sooner we can get into 25 man content, the better.  There are a couple things we really need to focus on for the High King Maulgar fight:Mage Tank: Preferred stats are about 10k+ unbuffed hp, 8-10k mana, 6-8% hit, and 500 or so plus damage.  Fire Resist is worthless in this fight.I think Barraccus seems to fit the bill here.  Here is a link to mage stam gear on wowwikiWarlocks to tank Olm the Summoner:  Fargol and Kaittlynn... read up on what to do.Ranged DPS to tank Kiggler: Hardwigg and one other, or a feral druid.  Nature resist sounds like it would help, but may not be necessaryDPS Warrior to Tank Blindeye (priest):  Amulec.  Miramel has improved kick to interrupt his heals while his shield is up.  I think we have the DPS to bring down the shield between amulec, koko, miramel, and mahonri.  Honestly guys, there are groups who go into Gruul's with very little Kara gear.  It sounds like the biggest thing is execution and a well geared mage with a ton of stam and the correct amount of spell hit.  We should set a date and give this thing a go.

Baraccus

Post by Baraccus » July 25th, 2007, 8:25 am

My last guild was preparing to do this, so I'd already started gearing up for it. I have a set with 10k hp unbuffed, 5.9k mana and an aggregate 15% spell hit with talents (basically hit capped). I've also watched all the movies, read all the stuff. I feel ready to go :D

Baraccus

Post by Baraccus » July 25th, 2007, 8:28 am

Also, that shield has to come down via DPS before you can interrupt from what I've read. Priest is first on the kill list, followed by the warlock, then either the shaman or the mage. We should have the DPS and interrupts to bring down HKM. We should organize a time to at least try. Couldn't hurt really. The big DPS fight is Gruul anyway, HKM is more execution like you said from what I've read/heard.

Han

Post by Han » July 25th, 2007, 10:31 am

Yeah I don't know on the priest shield, from what I have read on wowwiki, the interrupt doesn't work but the silencing effect of improved kick and other improved talents does actually interrupt the heal.  Even if we have to beast it down, curse of tongues, and mind numbing poison should keep his casting time pretty high and allow us to get it done.

drp

Post by drp » July 25th, 2007, 2:45 pm

I think I could be geared enough for it by next week, just need to cash in my points in pvp and find a better main hand dagger.

Mahnalor

Post by Mahnalor » July 27th, 2007, 9:54 pm

I am down whenever we decide to go and am willing to go DPS if need be. :)