Raid 7/3 report

guild news, policies, and raid information
Drumble

Raid 7/3 report

Post by Drumble » July 4th, 2007, 6:15 am

Being that most of us were alts / new, I think we actually did pretty good.  The instance is unforgiving -- mistakes by 1 of 10 could easily cause wipes, everyone has to have the experience.  We might make it by subbing a few people into a main raid force and keep progression up -- but this pace should probably be expected with 75% fresh meat. :)Couple notes on the attempts: * Shackles:    The macro I know is:       /cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead     ... then before the pull, target the mob you're going to CC and type /target in the console.   With this, you do not lose your currently selected target when you reshackle, so you can be thumbing through the raid with renews -- long heals WILL kill you on a random release - heck, a global cooldown or a miss on the reshackle could kill you.     ... as a tank I use a mouse-over sundering macro that wont break a sheep.  I could walk Moroes around and with spare rage sunder up one or both of the shackles.  I'm recreating it from memory -- but it's somthing like: #show Sunder Armor /cast [mouseover, modifier=alt] Sunder Armor /cast Sunder Armor .. this way I can use my normal sunder with alt-key it sunders my mouseover, but sundering does no damage so wont break things like roots / shackle / sheep (catching sheep is rough tho .. so fast). * Tanking vs. DPS - You can only DPS as much as the 2nd on Moroes's threat list or you'll pull him when tank is gouged/blinded.   I should have adjusted KTM threat monitor to focus on Moroes so we could tell.  Sometimes you could get a bad string of gouges/blinds ... we should pay attention to the numbers and react accordingly.