Raid 5/2 post-mortem

guild news, policies, and raid information
Drumble

Raid 5/2 post-mortem

Post by Drumble » May 3rd, 2007, 9:12 am

PLEASE -- EVERYONE TO SIGN UP THEIR AVAILABILTY IN THE STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD.  This is not obligating you to raid every night you put down, they're just your preferred raid nights.  From this, hopefully we'll be able to organize extra day(s) amongst various groups.  Also in the interest of progression, I shall continue to post my thoughts on what I thought went right / wrong.  PLEASE add your own suggestions and comments so this can be a learning experience for all."Drumble vs. Chuunks"Thinking about the Moroes attempts we had, I'm not sure we can afford me to play Drumble in raids just yet.  I feel like I handicapped the group ...Chuunks really needs to stay in the role of MT.  Here's my reasoning:Boss mobs do regular damage which can crit., whatever specials they're capable up, and then crushing blows.  You need to have enough defense to eliminate their ability to crit, you need to have enough avoidance combined with shield blocking to push their crushing blows off the hit table.  That way you're taking consistant damage -- which is easily healed.  Burst damage kills.Defense has diminishing returns, after you're protected from crits -- it only adds small amounts to your avoidance.  However, armor and health have a linear affect on your ability to survive.  Consider this example: 4000armor fighting similar level mob takes 400dps, survives 10 seconds 8000armor fighting similar level mob takes 200dps, survives 20 seconds10000armor fighting similar level mob takes 180dps, survives 25 seconds... and obviously the same can be said for HP.Chuunks unbuffed stats: Armor: 12809Health: 12024Combine with that - familiarity with the instance, an overprepared raid bag and my attendance record -- in the interest of progressing, I'm going to strongly suggest Chuunks MT, even if it means playing Drumble up until bosses and swapping Chuunks in quickly.  I know last night was special circumstances because we struggled even to have 10 in the raid -- but it might have even worked well with one prot. and 2 DPS or hybrid warriors.Look, I hate the way this reads, I'm not trying to be a primadonna or anything -- I just want to progress past encounters that we're better than.  We should have downed that m'fer.  His stupid voice ARRGHGHH  "you rang?"  GHHRHRHRHRRRRAA

Drumble

Raid 5/2 post-mortem

Post by Drumble » May 3rd, 2007, 12:19 pm

I walked away from this feeling like a shmuck for not adding: I think Gathgor and Mahnalor are both terrific tanks, they were both pushing some really high threat and on their toes, and I did not mean this as a slam to them in any way.  I just believe we should use my gear to our advantage.  When the MT dies - the raid wipes, and we can use every edge we have.

Gathgor

Raid 5/2 post-mortem

Post by Gathgor » May 3rd, 2007, 2:01 pm

I think that this is fine, Mason. Gathgor's unbuffed stats: Armor:  11035 Health:  9904 Def:      489 I noticed when off tanking with Mahnalor last night that it is hard to build rage when the mob is not whacking you.  I found that my abilities were not proccing readily due to lack of rage generation and then also had difficulty staying right behind Mahnalor on the threat meter.  I didn't want to drink a rage pot becuase then I wouldn't be able to drink a health pot soon after. I'll keep plugging away at instances to try to increase my armor and stamina/health.  You are definitely the most qualified tank for the instances, but I'll keep working at it so that you can readily bring Drumble when you want.