New Guild Bank Policy for Cataclysm?

guild news, policies, and raid information
Aezelkvalae

Post by Aezelkvalae » January 19th, 2011, 9:18 pm

So, I think one of the more disappointing aspects of our Wotlk raiding as a guild was the way we handled our guild bank BOE epics. Each raid tier that came out we ended up with a glut of BOE epics rotting away in the guild bank. Very few were ever actually used by anyone, and they simply sat in the bank and missed their window of opportunity to be sold for any real profit. We ended Wotlk with like 15-20 BOE raiding epics that were collectively worth probably 150K at one point, and we dropped them at pennies on the dollar so to speak after they were worthless.

Now, this won't become an issue yet, because most BOE drops in raids will just get used by people in the raid right now. However, Blizzard has clearly made it more expensive overall to raid. The guild having a good cash flow to provide things like a flask for the night or guild repairs in raids is gonna be felt a bit more now.

Based upon a few of the other more casual yet active raiding guilds I am a part of, I'd say something along the following lines might be good:

BOE epics that drop in raids are first made available for free to the people in the raid for mainspec or offspec.

If nobody takes that, it goes to the guild bank. People have 2 weeks to take action on it. Raiders can take it for free for mainspec, or pay 25% of AH price for offspec. Anyone in the guild no matter rank can take it for 50% of AH price, for alts, for casuals whatever.

If a BOE sits in the gbank for 2 weeks and nobody does anything about it, we sell it on the AH for whatever we can get.

That is just my 2 cents, more trying to get a dialogue going on this or other suggestions than anything. Following a policy similar to above the guild Big accumulated over 850 thousand gold over Wotlk and that was AFTER being able to provide 150G per day in repairs to every guild member and free flask and food raid mats to main raiders every week.

Inori

Post by Inori » January 20th, 2011, 1:38 am

Sounds like a good direction to me. We will probably need to assign an existing officer or appoint a new one that is savvy at managing auctions on the AH (I may run my auctioneer scan daily to keep my database up to date, but I never use that data to set up auctions).

The guild still needs to buy the 7th and 8th tabs. I don't think we'll need to buy food since we're stockpiling fish for fish feasts (7.7k more fish to go). We could probably buy herbs for making flasks to stockpile for the eventual guild cauldron recipes (to make a cauldron, you combine a bunch of flasks).

Probably don't want to increase the repair limit just yet. I'm actually inclined to set it back to zero again if we decide to use the guild money to buy herbs to work on getting the cauldrons going.

-HP

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 20th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I like this idea.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Tsuni

Post by Tsuni » January 20th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Sounds good.

draven

Post by draven » January 20th, 2011, 9:57 pm

i like most of this idea, although i'm not sure about charging people for boe's. i'd also probably rather sell them than give them to random toons, as i'd prefer to have people focus on their main raid character(s), and have us support those characters as best we can, rather than gear up random toons.
we've always encouraged people to pay their own way for raids, and that's always seemed to work fine, but it does make sense to take advantage of all the new guild benefits. if we're going to start using the gbank more for raiding supplies, i will probably look into the authenticator required option for some ranks.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 21st, 2011, 10:40 am

Yeah I like the idea of main raiding character(s).
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Daghi

Post by Daghi » January 21st, 2011, 4:08 pm

As times go on more tiers of raiding are going to be patched in. Depending how complicated you want to make this we could say BOE epics from the current tier go to mains or the AH. BOEs from a tier behind can go to mains, alts or AH.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » January 21st, 2011, 5:21 pm

I think you want to sell them after a week or so of getting them otherwise they aren't worth as much. We can always drop a link in guild before we sell it.

draven

Post by draven » January 21st, 2011, 5:44 pm

yah, as with everything else, this will shift as things progress. i'll probably create a thread or page or something on the site to track what is available.