Black Morass

guild news, policies, and raid information
Gathgor

Black Morass

Post by Gathgor » April 18th, 2007, 1:40 pm

OK, Gathgor tried valiantly to get keyed last night for Karazhan and failed.  Three tries and Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I think I had a great group with me:  Good healing, good warlock, mage, and hunter, and I was not losing aggro.  So what went wrong?  We seemed to just wear out and didn't have endurance for the fight. I'm looking at WowWiki right now and find this passage about the 2nd dragon boss:  Temporus is one boss where it is highly recommended to allow the non-elite mobs to pass by, then when Temporus is defeated to drop a Chrono-beacon near Medivh to clean up the remaining mobs. You may need to use beacons at some point just to deal with the amount of adds who have aggroed to the party and are attacking casters. Just be sure not to use the beacon too close to Temporus himself, as it will fail and be wasted. This is something that we did not try and would be helpful for the next time.  On last group of waves, they even suggest ignoring the rift lords, standing near Medivh, and clearing trash until Aeonus comes.  what does the guild think, the peeps that have done this already?  It was also suggested to let Aeonus beat on Medivh for a bit if Medivh's shield is still helathy so that the group can get mana up or get some nature protection on. Any thoughts?  I'll try to get on by 6 for a quick run prior to Karazhan, but I guess don't count on me to be at Kara tonight due to this problem of mine 

Han

Black Morass

Post by Han » April 18th, 2007, 2:15 pm

Yes drop chrono beacons, you should be using them.  Unless you are doing this while drunk and forget to grab yours at the beginning, like I do.  But these are very helpful.

Gathgor

Black Morass

Post by Gathgor » April 18th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Yes, last night, I dropped one on one of the bosses and didn't realize that it was worthless at that point.

TIggerstYle

Black Morass

Post by TIggerstYle » April 19th, 2007, 9:07 am

The strategy is all there, from the sounds of it you have just hit a run of bad luck. Maybe the Pro's ( Dudepal, Fargol, Escarriot ) can get you through it successfully, they have helped a bunch of us get attuned.