4/18 Raid Sign up

guild news, policies, and raid information
Jon

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Jon » April 16th, 2007, 11:29 am

Same deal as last week.  Please post here if you can attend.  Another and Mahnalor get first priority as they were attuned for last week but the raid was full.  Please everyone keep in mind that even if you sign up first we need to go with a group make up that'll do well for the first few bosses.  I'll keep the Druid on the bench for Wednesday unless another tank or healer is needed.

Drumble

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Drumble » April 16th, 2007, 11:53 am

I'll be here - I'd like to go as Chuunks.  I could swap out for Drumble after Moroes/Attumen if need be ... but I would prefer the reputation on Chuunks.

dudepal

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by dudepal » April 16th, 2007, 2:12 pm

I'll be online if needed

mlefebvr

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by mlefebvr » April 16th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Oh, Yes! I'll be there! Between 7 and 8 the wife and I are busy putting kids to bed.So its hit or miss before 8. I'll try and be logged in around 7:30and bounce between chatting and afk.

Hardwigg

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Hardwigg » April 16th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Hardwigg and Dixie are in.

Hardwigg

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Hardwigg » April 16th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Hardwigg and Dixie are in.

Fargol

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Fargol » April 16th, 2007, 3:16 pm

Fargol is in if needed, also

Mahnalor

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Mahnalor » April 16th, 2007, 10:49 pm

Can't make it.  Going on vacation to Florida for a week.  No WOW for me for 7 whole friggin' days... :( hehe... Good Luck!

Jon

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Jon » April 17th, 2007, 10:50 am

Current line up is: MT - Chuunks (Warrior) Dudepal (Priest) Another (Mage) Hardwigg (Hunter) Dixie (Pally) Fargol (Lock)    

Hardwigg

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Hardwigg » April 17th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Is Myrdinn not going?  And please let there be another tank out there somewhere...

Krikor

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Krikor » April 17th, 2007, 3:14 pm

You can count me in for the run on wednesday.

Han

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Han » April 18th, 2007, 6:46 am

Miramel is ready to try out that sparkling new epic dagger from last week, and will be there.

TIggerstYle

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by TIggerstYle » April 18th, 2007, 7:30 am

Well if Jon doesnt want to tank ill bring tig, otherwise really wanna bring wanda. Also i had a thought and it did hurt thanks for asking :) If we get to a point where we have too many members online for 1 run but not enough for 2 full groups, we should split the groups up as evenly as we can and pug the 2 or 3 extras per group, that way nobody sits out and we can get 2 groups going. I know this would hurt the chances of a follow up run on a saturday or whenever but would at least get everyone involved.

Jon

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Jon » April 18th, 2007, 1:59 pm

So as of now we have:
MT - Chuunks (Warrior)
OT - Myrdinn (Druid)
Dudepal (Priest)
Another (Mage)
Wanda (Mage)
Hardwigg (Hunter)
Dixie (Pally)
Fargol (Lock)
Koko (Rogue)
Miramel (Rogue)

So we're currently short a healer. It'll probably be best if I respec Myrdinn to Resto for the run, TJ you should probably bring Tig to tank. But keep Wanda ready in case we want to do Maiden. I'll try to hop on a little before 7 in case I need to respec.

Han

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Han » April 18th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Nobody has heard from Escarriot?

Gathgor

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Gathgor » April 18th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Well, I would love to tank; got a nice tanking cape from BM last night.  Problemo numero uno:  not keyed!  But I am at the BM step.  I will try to get online tonight around 6 PM to run BM and Gath is parked outside the instance.  See my post regarding BM strategy.  If not keyed, I'll be on with one of my alts. I am however of the opinion that we should have an A team and a B team although the roster does not have to remain constant; it can change from week to week.  The A team would be all FA members and good rounding out of membership.  The B team would be the rest that are keyed and if we did nto have enough then the B team would get the PUGs.  I also think that we need to have a raid leader as was suggested above.  Who would it be?  Well, we have a lot of capable members and it can rotate also.  Maybe we should take a poll on who it should be and we could vote for lets say 5-6 raid leaders out of lets say everyone keyed.  the person with the most votes would be Team A leader the first week and the person with the 6th most votes would be Team B leader the first week.  #2 would be Team A leader the 2nd week and #5 would be Team B leader the 2nd week.  #3 and #4 would be Team A and B leaders for the 3rd week.  For example let's just say that we voted #1 to be Dudepal and #2 to be Escarriot, that they would be able to be in the same team, but would be raid leaders for different weeks.  The Team A leader would pick the make up of the main group and decide who was going on the webiste by tuesday night and Team B leader for that week would be standby and on that wednesday would then have to look for PUGs.  And I think that a suggested make up would be 2 protection tanks, 2 holy priests, 2 back up healers and 4 DPS with hopefully one being a shadow priest.  So let's vote for raid leaders and the top 6 will get the spots and get to rotate per the above schedule.  I think this way, there will be a rotation of raid leaders and team make up; would be interesting. We should also be mindful of letting people come that haven't gone for awhile.  For instnace, we have a number of mages in the guild and it would be a little unfair if the same 2 went everytime if the others also wanted to come.  What do you think? Robert PS  Another option would be to have the Team B be a group that coudl fill in for any Team A members that could not make it on the second night and then would not be saved to the instance.  Team A should really be what the Team A raid leader thinks would be the most successful team by class make up, not necessarily skill.  That way, I could MT once in awhile over Awesome Mason Chuunks! 

TIggerstYle

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by TIggerstYle » April 19th, 2007, 9:10 am

As its gone the last 2 raids anyway we have swapped out midway through and brought in a few new guildies, i like this approach as we normally start pretty late and some of us cant handle the 4 hour runs :)

Drumble

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Drumble » April 20th, 2007, 11:22 am

I dont want to sound like an ass.  I am an ass, I dont want to sound like one - so I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way.  But I did want to respond to this statement at least "That way, I could MT once in awhile over Awesome Mason Chuunks!"Firstly, I dont consider myself "awesome" by any stretch -- I'm always second guessing myself as tank.  There are the wipes that I'm responsible for directly, but I also feel indirectly responsible for almost all of them -- there's always something I could have done differently to change the outcome better; saved the AoE taunt, positioned differently, different threat chain, warned, etc...  I'm constantly trying to learn to be a better raider, and until I have that confidence that I've done *everything* humanly possible as far as my role is concerned, I'm trying to make up for it by being an over-geared, over-protection specced, over-analytical, over-prepared raider -- and threat management is more mathematical/thought provoking than anything I've experience with a mage.  My typicaly raid loadout is > 20 Super Heals, at least 30 other slots of strength/armor/agility/protection/resist potions, a backpack full of swap out resist gear, 40 bandaids, food, sharpening stones, etc etc etc.. if I'm lucky I might have a bag free for loot.  I'll send a screenshot - I'm sure I'm as bad as Escarriot.Secondly, I dont think MT is such a swappable spot -- it's an earned position.  Like a first chair violin we need to duel fiddles, compare armor/spec/hp/TPS/raid exp/etc.  If the MT dies, the raid wipes - unless the encounter is built around it, like Vaelstraaz.  You might think this is up to the healers, well for the most part it is, but there is a substantial amount to be applied for gear, the threat you generate which allows your DPS to down the mob faster (fewer boss "specials"), your blocking and positioning, your situational awareness when things dont go as planned, etc.  Honestly, I'm only sitting first chair because I was the first available geared tank and begged for it, Mahnalor owns the true title of guild main tank until he wants to yeild it.   Off-tanking, however, is an easily swapped out raid position -- so when Mahnalor is MT, you can easily swap out for me - or vice-versa.Thirdly, this is obviously "for the meanwhile" -- once you OT for a while and learn the encounters while gearing up, once we pwn this content and have the support staff, this wont matter at all.  Look - this is open for debate, I dont mean to sound (as I mentioned) like an asshole, it's just my take on how we can progress further faster.  I definately dont think I'm better than anyone, but I do believe I am more prepared than some.  I'll do what the guild collectively decides, I just want to see more content and rip its face off.Awesomely,~ Mason

Gathgor

4/18 Raid Sign up

Post by Gathgor » April 20th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Mason, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.  And you are not being an ass.  You are MT cause you are the best geared and I believe one of the best skilled.  I hope to be up there someday.  Hence another reason for my comments that the Raid A team leader should be picking the team that will best survive the run.  Simply put. Robert