FA Is Now Officially Raiding Karazhan

guild news, policies, and raid information
Han

Post by Han » March 29th, 2007, 1:07 pm

Thats right folks, time to get back in the swing of things.  As of last night, we are now raiding Karazhan every wednesday at 7pm server time.  If you are not attuned, lets get you there :)  Our first attempt last night was not a full group, and we desperately need a warrior who is attuned in order to make this happen.  We were able to get to the first boss last night with some pugs and only 9 of us.  Next week, we should easily be able to down the first boss, provided we have a warrior as a tank along with Jon.  Here is a link to the loots he drops to serve as motivation to everyone:   First Boss Loots

Jon

Post by Jon » March 29th, 2007, 4:13 pm

I will plan to be online around 9-10 Friday evening to help with any attunement runs (Shadows Labs, Alcatraz, Black Morass). 

Gathgor

Post by Gathgor » April 5th, 2007, 3:15 pm

So I'm dying to hear what dropped and how the raid went and if you employed any interesting strategies to get the job done... C'mon, fess up!!!

dudepal

Post by dudepal » April 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

The raid actually went really well last night.  We were able to beat 3 bosses.  The first boss Attumen the Huntsman was really easy.  In the future I imagine it'll only take us 20-25 minutes from when we get into the instance to take him down.  I think a mage item and a priest item dropped.  After that we tried the animal boss.  He was really more annoying then anything.  Basically you have to kill a bunch of trash to make him spawn, and then his loots are really terrible.  I think last night we got a cloth bracer with 30 some stam and some nature resist.  Also, by the time you kill the animal boss all the trash behind you has respawned, so it wastes a lot more time after that.  So we just had a naked party and died, then ran back in.  Finally, we decided to go after Moroes.  He was definitely a lot harder than the other two.  Our biggest difficulty with him was mostly just the trash before him.  It's on a fairly short timer (30-45 minutes) so after we tried him once, a good portion of the trash had respawned.  our biggest mistake there was taking a 15 minute break or so before fighting him.  I figure if we're quick we should normally have 2 or 3 tries before we have to reclear the trash.  The fight itself was also somewhat difficult, but it only took us two tries to down him (not counting the one time a monster was feared out of the room and the fight reset).  Moroes dropped a caster necklace and pally boots.  All in all it was a pretty good time, and i imagine next wednesday we'll be able to also do the maiden of virtue or the opera event. 

dudepal

Post by dudepal » April 6th, 2007, 11:17 am

As I think there's an interest, how many people would be able to make it to a raid on karazhan tonight?  I'm pretty sure we have at least 5, probably seven or eight who can make it.  I'd suggest a possible starting time of 7 server. 

Jon

Post by Jon » April 6th, 2007, 1:07 pm

I should be able to make it around 7PM.

Hardwigg

Post by Hardwigg » April 6th, 2007, 1:22 pm

I'm there.  But the earlier the better.  I gotta be up damn early.

Gathgor

Post by Gathgor » April 6th, 2007, 3:59 pm

Can we have another push to get more of us keyed?  As I have said many times, I hate PUGs cause the failure rate at completing instances is so high and I have the best success running with all FA members.  Gathgor needs the 3rd key fragment at this point.