Website funky-ness

guild news, policies, and raid information
OldGeezer

Website funky-ness

Post by OldGeezer » March 23rd, 2009, 7:48 am

Greetings all,
I've realize the site has had some latency and service unavailable issues recently and I think its due to a number of factors all piling up at once. I'll  be running some much needed maintenance on the website during the next couple days. So if you see some wild errors its probably just me breaking stuff. On the docket to do:
- upgrade the portal site to the latest DNN version
- run database log maintenance
- pray i dont need to use the backups

I'll post again to this thread when Im done. Thanks in advance for your patience. Tim (OldGeezer)

OldGeezer

Website funky-ness

Post by OldGeezer » March 24th, 2009, 12:03 pm

well the upgrade is complete but there is still some anomolies I'll need to work out. Images not being served properly, sporadic service unavailable messages... i've had the site moved to its own app pool so maybe that will help.

Inori

Website funky-ness

Post by Inori » March 25th, 2009, 12:08 am

I think I broke the WWS forum.  One of my posts must have bugged out during the upload and ended up corrupting the forum.  Subsequent posts show up correctly and the second page of posts show up correctly.  You can navigate to the 'missing posts' by clicking on the next post link after opening the top post on the second page. -HP

thandrenn

Website funky-ness

Post by thandrenn » March 25th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Still getting "Service Unavailable" all over the place :(

draven

Website funky-ness

Post by draven » April 1st, 2009, 9:45 am

i switched the forum theme, as i think the old one is no longer supported after the site upgrade.  it seems to help a bit, but still playing with them.