Ready to raid?

guild news, policies, and raid information
Fargol

Ready to raid?

Post by Fargol » March 23rd, 2007, 11:19 am

I think it's about time forged alliance gets back into wednesday night raiding :-)

My goal is to lead a group of ten brave souls into karazhan come this next wednesday. So, what I need of you, rest of the guild, is to know:

1. Of the people currently attuned or at least started, who can commit to making the raid this wednesday? I'd like to get things going around 7pm server.

2. Of the people who still need various runs and key fragments, please comment on where you are. If I know who needs what, I can try to coordinate runs that kills as many birds with as few stones as possible. (I really butchered that phrase to fit it into my point, huh?) Anyway, I'd like to put together a few runs this weekend when people have time to progress people through the chain.

Please mention this post to others in game, so I can get as much feedback as possible. Thanks!!

--Mike

Jon

Ready to raid?

Post by Jon » March 23rd, 2007, 11:23 am

Count me in (Druid currently feral).  I've finished the attunement.

Han

Ready to raid?

Post by Han » March 23rd, 2007, 11:25 am

Miramel and her fists of fury will be available for Karazhan on Wednesday evening (finished attunement) -Scott

dudepal

Ready to raid?

Post by dudepal » March 23rd, 2007, 11:31 am

yeah, i'll be there

late1

Ready to raid?

Post by late1 » March 23rd, 2007, 8:47 pm

Mike - The Pally of Power on board. Finished Attunment.

Gathgor

Ready to raid?

Post by Gathgor » March 23rd, 2007, 8:50 pm

Gathgor is at the point of getting from Shadow Labs and then the next key.  I would like to get these this weekend.  I'm now protection specced.

Hardwigg

Ready to raid?

Post by Hardwigg » March 24th, 2007, 10:22 am

I cannot make a raid this Wednesday, but would be happy to pick it up where it left off Thursday or Friday.

Drumble

Ready to raid?

Post by Drumble » March 24th, 2007, 2:33 pm

I'll be there in one form of the other Weds @ 7pm.  I'm sorely lacking in attunement, been spending too much time farming/levelling:       * Drumble:    Shadow Labs (first key fragment)       * Chuunks:    Arcatraz (third key fragment) Chuunks just retrained protection spec., I figured it good incentive for me to finish up these key quest instances.   ~ Mason

Gathgor

Ready to raid?

Post by Gathgor » March 25th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Damn, work is conspiring to keep me away from the computer this weekend.  I'm not sure I will be keyed by Wednesday night.    I hopefully will be on tonight, but have still not done Shadow Labs.  I tried to do this yesterday with a PUG, but the dumbasses wouldn't let the tank tank.  After politely mentioning to this to the group, the PUG hunter says "I know," but he didn't stop doing his massive DPS prior to me getting aggro.  Struggled through first boss and then he and the warlock ditched us.  I was actually laughing, the hunter died like 5 times and twice during that 1st boss fight. But nevertheless, I will look for everyone tonight, but I don't want to do it with a PUG.  People in PUGs only care about who is at the top of the damage meter instead of finishing the instance.  If I can't find a group to go, I will be on with Syrinxiarra or Qisonorian.  I know that Dudepal and Fargol were looking to help summon people for these key instances if other people were near completing them so the rest of the guild could get keyed. Robert

Krikor

Ready to raid?

Post by Krikor » March 26th, 2007, 10:35 am

I have not been online much lately due to the fact I am moving this coming up weekend. I will try to be on when I can, but I am on the Black Morass part of my attunement so just let me know when we can run that and I should be there. I have my internet being installed on April 2nd when I move so I should be good for being on alot more.  So hopefully I will be on quite a bit this week since i am almost all packed up.

Gathgor

Ready to raid?

Post by Gathgor » March 26th, 2007, 11:45 am

Well... I will not be keyed by Wednesday.  Unless some miracle happens tonight or tomorrow!  Still need to complete Shadow Labs! BTW, who is holy/resto specced in the guild?  Chuunks and Gathgor are protection specced.

Drumble

Ready to raid?

Post by Drumble » March 27th, 2007, 10:16 am

Gathgor wroteBTW, who is holy/resto specced in the guild?  Chuunks and Gathgor are protection specced.
For the record --- the main reason I'm protection is for the practice and honing down on a solid build, anticipating tanking in heroics and >=10 mans.  I think that a whole multitude of training specs would work for the 5-mans, Mortal Strike trivializes some encounters -- Fury has enormous sustained DPS -- Prot. is brick-walling.  From what I've read and am seeing now that I'm protection, many of the skills past 11 (+shield block) in the protection tree are not as useful as you get better gear and your raid gets better organized.  490 defense is enough to eliminate all critical strikes from boss mobs, and with enough dodge/parry you should have enough shield blocks left to eliminate the crushing blows (with a few notable exceptions of super fast attack speeds). That said - greater defense = more dodge = more shield blocks for crushing blows, and there are some other very useful skills down in the prot. tree, but I'd say that full protection is "an" option rather than the option for end game, ESPECIALLY pre-Karazhan.  We'll need at least one prot. spec MT for Kara of course, but I think a hybrid would work as offtank just as well -- in fact, you may crave the added DPS or utility. Now, that's with my experience as a tank and what I know about damage mitigation/protection/aggro/etc..., I know about magery/tankery but I would hate to pigeon-hole a pally/priest to insist that they go holy/whatever, they know their class - as long as we survive, they can spec. in raising tropical fish for all I care.  Until we're a true raiding guild - it's going to probably have to be like that. I'm willing to help with Shadow Labs and Drumble whenever we can organize a group, otherwise I'll be on with Chuunks trying to finish Arcatraz/CoT: Drunholde tonight ...   ~ Mason

Fargol

Ready to raid?

Post by Fargol » March 27th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Currently, Dudepal and Escarriot are both heal specced, and I figure they should hopefully be able to cover the raid's heals for wed. Myrdinn is feral, and will be one of our tanks.

We got two more people attuned last night, and as far as I know the list of people ready to go is:

Blastine
Dudepal
Escarriot
Fargol
Hardwigg
Krikor
Miramel
Myrdinn

I don't think Blastine nor Hardwigg will be able to make it this week. So that leaves us with 6 for wed... not quite 10 yet :-) It'd be great if somehow we could get a tank and a few others through yet tonight.. but that might be wishful thinking.

Dudepal and I should be on tonight, and we could help run anyone else who still needs the last step - black morass

Either way, I think we're still on for wed - we'll try to pug any remaining spots, and give it our best shot.

Fargol

Ready to raid?

Post by Fargol » March 27th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Oh, just to remind everyone - there's a few mods that are really useful for raiding, but probably the most important one that we really need everyone to have is the threat meter. It only works if everyone has it, because only each person's client can figure out threat being generated for that person, so only people that have the mod will show up in the threat list.

So, please go download this mod before wed night. Here's a link, as I'm not sure if the one on the front page is up to date:
http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files/de ... reatmeter/

Please get this mod even if you think you'll never have to worry about threat or pulling aggro. Tanks need to see themselves at the top, and dps AND healers need to make sure they're below. Thanks!

Jon

Ready to raid?

Post by Jon » March 27th, 2007, 2:49 pm

I won't be able to make it until 8PM on Wednesday.  I'll plan to park the druid outside the tower (well in some shed so I don't get ganked while logging =)

Fargol

Ready to raid?

Post by Fargol » March 28th, 2007, 12:42 pm

For everyone planning on being in the raid, we'll probably start forming the raid around 7-7:30, try to fill the gaps starting at 7:45, and then hopefully in the instance by 8. So, please logon by 7:30 if you can. Thanks!

Jon

Ready to raid?

Post by Jon » April 2nd, 2007, 1:55 pm

So is everyone who's attuned a go for another try this coming Wednesday, April 4th: BlastineDudepalEscarriotFargolHardwiggKrikorMiramelMyrdinn Count me in, I (Myrdinn) can start at 7PM.  For others who need an attunement run or two in before Wednesday, feel free to list on this thread.

Gathgor

Ready to raid?

Post by Gathgor » April 2nd, 2007, 5:09 pm

I am so close to being attuned.  I need the 3rd key fragment and I then need COT.  I will be on only a bit tonight though, but will YELL in guild chat for a possible 3rd key run.  Don't need the whole instance, just that frigging key!

Hardwigg

Ready to raid?

Post by Hardwigg » April 3rd, 2007, 7:53 am

I don't know yet if I can be there.  Hope so.** Looks like I can. **

Han

Ready to raid?

Post by Han » April 4th, 2007, 3:41 pm

I will be there at 7 server.