Forged Alliance in Shadowlands

guild news, policies, and raid information
draven

Forged Alliance in Shadowlands

Post by draven » November 23rd, 2020, 10:00 am

greetings! welcome to the shadowlands! i hope everyone has fun leveling and exploring the new content. this thread will contain general information about guild policies and their evolution throughout shadowlands. it will be updated whenever appropriate.

as is the case at the beginning of every expansion ranks have been reset. almost everyone that is active should be ranked as member. if you are returning to the game and are ranked as inactive please request a promotion from an officer.

for those not aware, in order to keep in touch with people that are not in the guild on proudmoore we have a cross realm community set up. more information on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598

for those that interested in raiding i created a google survey to get a sense of what we have for a raid team. no worries if you change your mind somewhere along the way, but please complete it based on your current plans and availability here:
https://forms.gle/Dg53nQqqcpvixM7E9

the first raid in shadowlands is castle nathria. it will be available 12/8 but please don't feel obligated to rush through the leveling process and content if you don't want to, take your time and enjoy it. the requirements for raiders are tbd but when they are determined they will be updated here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2789

mythic+ season one will also be available 12/8. for those interested mythic+ shenanigans will be organized a bit differently in shadowlands and the schedule may or may not change based on the outcome of the raider survey. more on that soon™.

finally, the site has been mostly updated for shadowlands. if you notice anything that doesn't look correct please let me know.

that is all for now, as always if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Re: Forged Alliance in Shadowlands

Post by draven » December 6th, 2020, 7:00 am

greetings! i hope everyone had fun leveling and learning about the shadowlands! i've a couple updates on raiding and mythic+ fun times.

calendar invites are up for this week for castle nythria. the schedule is based on the raider survey results. the only requirements to be included in the invites were to be level 60 and somewhat reasonably geared. therefore they include undergeared characters, which is fine for now. they may also include people who have no interest in participating, if that is the case please feel free to decline or remove yourself from the invite. we'll see how things go this week and once i have a better sense of what is required for nathria i will update the raider requirements. unless there are objections i am leaning towards not enforcing those requirements until january.

calendar invites are also up for mythic and mythic+ fun times. starting out the mythic+ invites will be copied from the raid invites. longer term i intend to create a separate community for mythic+ that people will be able to freely join or leave so that i am able to create invites without spamming people that don't have any interest. more on that later.

i think that is all for now, if you have any questions / comment / suggestions / whatever please let me know. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » December 22nd, 2020, 12:42 am

greetings! i've a few updates as we finish up the year that has been 2020.

overall i think we are doing pretty well in castle nathria. learning new encounters takes time and especially with the changes in gearing i expected to start out somewhat slowly in shadowlands and that has been the case. however, starting in january i would like to start working on heroic progression and therefore the raider requirements have been updated accordingly for castle nathria:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2789

these are my current guesses as to what will be required for the end bosses in normal and the earlier bosses in heroic. the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of ~190ish. my current plan is to resume the raider rank events this week and then start using the forged alliance raiders community for the calendar raid events starting on january 5th. theoretically everyone who has been raiding and / or doing mythic+ shouldn't have any issues meeting the requirements but we'll see how it works out in reality. as always the goal isn't to exclude people but to ensure that everyone is sufficiently prepared to work on our progression goals.

along those lines i've created another community for the purpose of organizing mythic+ shenanigans. i'm hoping it will make it easier to organize mythic+ groups and avoid spamming people who don't have any interest in mythic+. more information on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5963

that is all for now. if you've any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » January 24th, 2021, 4:42 pm

greetings! i've a few updates as we work our way through castle nathria.

first: with our focus shifting to heroic progression the raider rank requirements have been updated accordingly. most notably your ilvl should be 200ish+ and you should have at least a first rank (ilvl 190) legendary item. this should not be an issue for anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ relatively consistently, have fully progressed the covenant campaign, and have at least wandered into torghast on occasion. the new requirements will be enforced as of tuesday 2/2.

second and somewhat related: as long as there is sufficient interest we will continue to farm normal nathria on wednesdays. i'm not sure how long this will continue but please feel free to consider it optional. if you would like to bring a reasonably geared alt that should be fine as long as we don't fail miserably. at the moment i do not expect to have three progression raid nights.

finally somewhat random: additional measures to combat bots / spammers have been added to the site in the form of ip address range bans. theoretically this should not affect anyone but if you are having trouble accessing the forums please let me know.

i think that is all for now, if you've any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » March 7th, 2021, 2:00 pm

greetings! i've a couple updates as we approach the end of heroic castle nathria progression.

the raider requirements have been updated to align with the last three heroic bosses. the short version is that your ilvl should be 210ish+, you should have the best available enchants and gems now that the server economy has normalized, and you should have or be working towards the rank 4 legendary. as has been the case so far this tier, this should not be an issue for anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ relatively consistently, have fully progressed the covenant campaign, and have at least wandered into torghast on occasion. the new requirements will be enforced as of sunday 3/14.

somewhat related the normal farm raid on wednesdays has gone on vacation since interest in it dwindled. this may create issues for those that have not been able to keep up with the grind in meeting the raider requirements. i suggest mythic+ for gearing especially since valor upgrades will be available as of tuesday, but we can probably have you join for heroic farm on tuesdays as well.

that is all for now, if you've any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » July 1st, 2021, 9:00 pm

greetings! welcome to patch 9.1: the chains of domination! i hope everyone is enjoying the new content. overall our adventures in castle nathria went well but i will not miss that place. as usual the membership of the forged alliance raiders community will be reevaluated with the new raid tier. the raider requirements will remain the same for now but will be updated once we get a better sense of what the sanctum of domination will require. otherwise i expect everything else to remain the same.

that is all i have for now. if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » September 1st, 2021, 8:00 pm

greetings! i've a quick update now that we've cleared normal sanctum of domination and are switching our focus more to heroic fun times being that the raider requirements have been updated to align more with the mid tier heroic bosses. while borrowed powers and scaling are a bit absurd at the moment, the main things to note are that the ilvl requirement is now 230ish and you should have at least a rank 4 legendary and be working towards rank 6. this should not be an issue for anyone that has been playing relatively consistently.

that is all i have for now. if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » February 22nd, 2022, 11:22 pm

greetings! welcome to patch 9.2: eternity's end! i hope everyone is enjoying the new content. overall our adventures in sanctum of domination, while a bit frustrating at times, went pretty well. it was nice to have time for a break at the end of the patch, we'll see who returns to adventure in sepulcher of the first ones. for those not aware the first eight bosses will be available in normal and heroic mode next tuesday 3/1. we'll start with normal mode and see how it goes, hopefully the first week we'll be able to clear at least five normal bosses and ideally two heroic bosses as well.

as usual the raider requirements will be updated and the membership of the forged alliance raiders community will be adjusted accordingly once we see what the raid will require. i suspect 240ish will be sufficient for normal but heroic will probably require at least 250.

draven

Post by draven » March 13th, 2022, 10:42 pm

greetings! i've a quick update. after a couple weeks of sepulcher of the first ones it is apparent that blizzard has increased the difficulty and scaling for this tier. we've done pretty well so far so hopefully that will continue. the raider requirements have been updated to align with normal sepulcher of the first ones. they will be updated again once we start pushing heroic progression. the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of 240ish for now, which will be increased to 250 or maybe 255 in the not too distant future. everyone that is raiding and / or doing mythic+ somewhat consistently should not have any issues meeting the requirements.

that is all for now, if you've any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » April 2nd, 2022, 8:00 pm

greetings! i've another quick update as we start to focus more on heroic sepulcher of the first ones progression. the raider requirements have been updated again to align with later normal bosses and early heroic bosses. the short version is that you should have a minimum ilvl of 250ish and have unlocked double legendaries. everyone that has been raiding and / or doing mythic+ somewhat consistently should not have any issues meeting the requirements.

also, as we are hitting dps checks and enrage timers, a friendly reminder to make sure that you are prepared for the encounters we are working on. that includes the appropriate talents (for example single target or aoe dps), as well as consumables such as veiled augment runes, weapon oils and stones, and potions.

draven

Post by draven » August 1st, 2022, 5:42 pm

greetings! i've another update as shadowlands season 4 approaches. overall we did pretty well in sepulcher of the first ones, although it is probably the strangest tier i can remember. i'm still a bit disappointed that the raid was cut short and we didn't get a chance to properly progress on heroic jailer, but i suspect we avoided a lot of frustration which may have been for the best.

i'm still not sure what to think of fated raids and old dungeons for mythic+ but suffice it to say i am skeptical. as a general rule i'm not a fan of repeat content but we'll see how it goes, no worries if you've no interest in participating. for those not aware blizzard's post on season 4 is here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... s-august-2
and the patch notes are here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... date-notes

we'll start on normal mode with the current raider requirements and go from there. depending on how fun or not things end up being we may or may not reduce the schedule until dragonflight. i'd also like to finish up achievements at some point.

draven

Post by draven » August 21st, 2022, 7:00 pm

greetings! i've a quick update as we start to repeat the fated cycle this week. the raider requirements have been updated to align with the heroic fated raids. the short version is that your ilvl should be ~275ish+. for the most part this should not affect anyone that has been raiding and / or running mythic+ somewhat consistently.

as for fated raids, as has been expressed elsewhere i'm not a fan and i don't have much interest in re-progressing bosses, especially while we're a bit undergeared. i shall continue to endeavor to be less grumpy about the fated affixes and we'll continue to work towards heroic: fates of the shadowlands raids, but if we get stuck on something chances are good i'll call for a vote to gauge interest in ending the raid early.

that is all for now, as always if you've any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let them be known. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » November 7th, 2022, 11:42 pm

greetings! this will most likely be my last update for shadowlands. as we await the launch of dragonflight i suspect there is more interest in taking a break than doing anything else, which is fine since i think that we've accomplished everything that was on our todo list, aside from maybe achievements. i will continue to create raid and mythic+ events for the next week or so but no worries if you've no interest in participating.

at some point i will update the web site for dragonflight and do the standard beginning of expansion reset of ranks and communities. i will also put together a survey to get a sense of what everyone intends to level and play in dragonflight. until then if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. thanks!