Tetrix

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Tetrix

Tetrix

Post by Tetrix » December 18th, 2021, 10:38 am

Name (first name only): "Metro" preffered name, but my RL name is Brian.
Character Name: Tetrix
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Mage
Level: 226
Main Spec: Frost
Off Spec(s): Arcane

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Yes, I am aware that +L230 is the minimium ilvl requirement, but, I'm very committed and working hard to meet to reach this minimum iLVL gear requirement.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient

YES

2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic

YES

3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of

YES
4. Hardcore mythic progression

I open to extending as a goal, but I honestly haven't had much experience in mythic raiding.

I engaged with last end boss heroic progression raid from the current tier (H Sylvannas) and last tier (H Sire Denathrius) with my raiding guilds.

5. None of the above, please explain:

Please see response # 4, if needed.

Please link your armory profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ore/tetrix

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

Shadowlands:

Current Expansion on other horde characteralts:

-All heroic Castle Nathria
-All heroic Sanctum of Dominination

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

-I'm looking to join a raiding community that fits my schedule after work from the West US Coast. My current guild has heroic raiding times that conflict with my availability.

How did you find our guild?

I saw Idravenl put a recruitment posting on trade chat.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?

I like to put green (common) lower quality enchants on any gear that is less than +L226 (gear that I know will upgrade soon). For gear that is higher than +L226, I apply the top highest gems/enchants availalble.

What consumables do you use during raids?

Flask, shadowcore oil, and feast.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?

Deadly Boss Mod
Hekilli
Recount
WeakAura

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

If this proposal is open to the Recruitment Counsel, I'd like to apply as a trial as I work hard to get better gear to reach the +L230 ilvl requirement.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Perhaps an interview in discord for a chat to go over further the expectations and culture atmosphere of your raiding community?

draven

Re: Tetrix

Post by draven » December 18th, 2021, 11:15 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good.
Tetrix wrote:
December 18th, 2021, 10:38 am
Yes, I am aware that +L230 is the minimium ilvl requirement, but, I'm very committed and working hard to meet to reach this minimum iLVL gear requirement.
with the disclaimer that raids will likely be inconsistent through the end of the year, we've usually been focusing on mythic on tuesdays and heroic farm on thursdays. you're a bit undergeared for mythic but should be fine for heroic farm, at least through the last few bosses.
Tetrix wrote:
4. Hardcore mythic progression

I open to extending as a goal, but I honestly haven't had much experience in mythic raiding.
this option mainly serves as a filter for those with higher expectations than we generally aim for. this is not a mythic progression guild and we generally focus on heroic and getting aotc each tier. if there is time at the end of a tier and the mythic bosses seem reasonable we usually try to see how far we can get, for example now we are working on mythic eye and hope to get to the nine, but i wouldn't expect to push much further than that.
Tetrix wrote:
I engaged with last end boss heroic progression raid from the current tier (H Sylvannas) and last tier (H Sire Denathrius) with my raiding guilds.
out of curiosity, does "engaged" mean attempted but not killed?
Tetrix wrote:
Is there anything else you want to tell us?

If this proposal is open to the Recruitment Counsel, I'd like to apply as a trial as I work hard to get better gear to reach the +L230 ilvl requirement.
as noted above this will be fine. we've found mythic+ to be the best way to gear up since the shadowlands nerf to drop rates in the raids.
Tetrix wrote:
Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Perhaps an interview in discord for a chat to go over further the expectations and culture atmosphere of your raiding community?
unfortunately i generally don't have time for such things, which is among the reasons i've tried to set expectations here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3872
we're generally inclined to have people join us for raids and / or mythic+ for a week or two to see if everything meets expectations, but overall we're pretty laid back.

anywho, if you're still interested please track someone down online and we can get you a guild invite. the easiest way of doing so is probably our forged alliance community, more info on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598