Application: Nemus

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Durkmenistan

Application: Nemus

Post by Durkmenistan » June 19th, 2019, 10:52 am

Name (first name only): Alex (often go by Durk)
Character Name: Nemus
Realm: Echo Isles
Class: Druid
Level: 120, 389i, 47a
Main Spec: Restoration
Off Spec(s): Nope

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Raiding and Rosters

Yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Right Now: 2
With More Exp: 3

Please link your armory profile:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... sles/nemus

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Some LFR

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I've never been in a real guild (I'm currently in my housemate's bank guild)

How did you find our guild?
Reddit

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Raids: Haste>Mastery>Crit>Vers
M+: Mastery>Haste>Crit>Vers
I try not to waste expensive enchants and gems on gear that will be replaced quickly, but my housemate can make both so they're relatively easy to obtain.

What consumables do you use during raids?
Right now, Sailor's Pie because my Mastery is too low, but will switch to Swamp Fish n' Chips.
Runes and Endless Fathoms will be used for anything better than LFR
Mana Biscuits, Healthstones, more food if necessary

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
DBM
GTFO
Weak Auras
Elvui
for frames
Anything you want me to use

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I only started playing about two months ago, and reached 120 about two weeks ago. I'm researching all the current dungeons and raids and writing up notes for myself, and have already cleared a few +7s and +8s. I'm hoping to finish Pathfinder 1 tomorrow or Friday, and clear my first +10 before the end of the week.

I often play with my housemate, who mains a Resto/Balance Druid and has been playing since Vanilla. His iLvl is 396, he has done Heroic raids, and he is also looking for a guild since he can't usually make his own guild's raid times (he isn't free until 6:30pm Pacific). I have been watching him play for a year and a half now, and when we LFR together I range between 80-110% of his Healing done. He would likely apply too if I join and he likes what he sees.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Not that I can think of, except maybe asking about alt statuses and other commitments? I don't have any guild experience, so I'm both curious and cautious about how I'm approaching the process. So far I'm loving dungeons, raids and pet battles, and am hoping Forged Alliance will make doing more and harder raids a possibility. Right now for example, CoS is literally impossible in LFR, because there is always someone who doesn't see the bubble (and that's after a tank or healer bails as we engage). Anyway, I'm excited to hear back from you!

draven

Re: Application: Nemus

Post by draven » June 19th, 2019, 12:15 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good to me.
Durkmenistan wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 10:52 am
Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Right Now: 2
With More Exp: 3
we are pretty locked into #2 these days, we almost never have enough people for mythic progression until it becomes cross-realm and we can use the lfg tool, and my personal opinion is that with the way that encounters are currently designed mythic progression doesn't seem like much fun, and probably requires more time than most of have to dedicate to it.
Durkmenistan wrote:
Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I only started playing about two months ago, and reached 120 about two weeks ago. I'm researching all the current dungeons and raids and writing up notes for myself, and have already cleared a few +7s and +8s. I'm hoping to finish Pathfinder 1 tomorrow or Friday, and clear my first +10 before the end of the week.

I often play with my housemate, who mains a Resto/Balance Druid and has been playing since Vanilla. His iLvl is 396, he has done Heroic raids, and he is also looking for a guild since he can't usually make his own guild's raid times (he isn't free until 6:30pm Pacific). I have been watching him play for a year and a half now, and when we LFR together I range between 80-110% of his Healing done. He would likely apply too if I join and he likes what he sees.
welcome to wowland! be warned it can be time consuming and addicting, fun though :)

you should be aware that lfr has little resemblance to real raiding, it has no barrier to entry and for the most part mechanics can be completely ignored and people can do whatever they feel like. normal mode would probably be a good starting place for you, you can start learning how to recognize encounter mechanics and how to deal with them, but for the most part it is usually pretty forgiving. heroic mechanics tend to be unforgiving and requires that you are competent at playing your class and spec, as well as follow a coordinated raid strategy. mythic is heroic on steroids.
Durkmenistan wrote:
Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Not that I can think of, except maybe asking about alt statuses and other commitments? I don't have any guild experience, so I'm both curious and cautious about how I'm approaching the process. So far I'm loving dungeons, raids and pet battles, and am hoping Forged Alliance will make doing more and harder raids a possibility. Right now for example, CoS is literally impossible in LFR, because there is always someone who doesn't see the bubble (and that's after a tank or healer bails as we engage). Anyway, I'm excited to hear back from you!
we used to ask about alts but that was one of the questions that was cut to make the app a bit shorter, and as a general rule we expect people to focus on their main character since maintaining alts can be tedious these days, as least as far as being prepared to raid. as you may or may not be aware, the 8.2 patch is due to be released next week, so there will be a new raid and dungeons will be rescaled and the gear cycle will start again. it should be a good time to get into things.

i'm not sure if you are planning on server transferring, but you should be able to track us down in our forged alliance community, more information about that can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598

if you have any other questions on anything, feel free to let us know!