Vacation (in a few months)

guild news, policies, and raid information
Waterdrop

Vacation (in a few months)

Post by Waterdrop » May 22nd, 2015, 5:05 am

I bought my plane ticket this week so this is most likely going to happen but I'm going on a Europe trip in the first 2 weeks of August (Aug 1-15) so I will be on a short hiatus during that time. I also have an exam the week after I get back but I may potentially move that forward to September so the third week of August is tentative.

Will remind you guys when the date is closer!

draven

Re: Vacation (in a few months)

Post by draven » May 22nd, 2015, 9:01 am

nice, thanks for the heads up, that should be a lot of fun :)

Waterdrop

Post by Waterdrop » July 30th, 2015, 11:58 pm

I'm leaving this saturday! I tried to see if it was even possible to pop in during the week for raids, even with proper internet, but it's like 5AM-8AM or something and on every raid day we have bus/trains that we need to get to early. But oh well, hopefully you guys will have xhul on farm so I can swoop in and get my trinket when I get back :P. Good luck!

(I did move my exam so, will only be gone for 2 weeks).

draven

Post by draven » July 31st, 2015, 2:27 am

Waterdrop wrote:I tried to see if it was even possible to pop in during the week for raids, even with proper internet, but it's like 5AM-8AM or something and on every raid day we have bus/trains that we need to get to early.
i appreciate the dedication, but i probably wouldn't let you raid when you should be out exploring and having fun :)

some unsolicited travel advice that may or may not be outdated:
- keep your passport on you at all times. make a copy of it and put it in your bag just in case.
- don't keep anything valuable in your pockets. pickpockets are sneaky and good at distracting you in a variety of ways.
- travel money belts are annoying and uncomfortable but otherwise awesome.
- make sure your bag / backpack is locked up when unattended, especially if you are staying in hostels. utilize lockers at train stations or wherever you are staying.

less paranoid advice:
- a travel guide book such as lonely planet / frommers / let's go / rick steve's is probably the most useful thing you can take with you.
- if you are winging things, travel in the morning and try to sort out accommodations earlier in the day. places can fill up pretty quickly and are happy to rip you off when you are desperate later in the day.
- take a regular backpack to use as a day pack so you don't have to lug around your guide book... and towel if you're of the opinion those sorts of things are useful.

and most importantly: explore everywhere, talk to the people, eat the food, be safe, and have fun!

Inori

Post by Inori » July 31st, 2015, 8:45 pm

All you need is the towel.

-HP