ilvl 542 Resto Shaman interested in raiding

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
thisiscameron

ilvl 542 Resto Shaman interested in raiding

Post by thisiscameron » May 2nd, 2014, 9:30 pm

Hello. I am Illoftond-Azgalor. I would like to raid with your guild. I have downed the first wing of normal SoO and I know all the fights. Currently working on raising my ilvl. Thank you.

draven

Re: ilvl 542 Resto Shaman interested in raiding

Post by draven » May 2nd, 2014, 9:48 pm

greetings, thank you for your interest in joining us. you need to fill out the raider application, which can be found here.

thisiscameron

Post by thisiscameron » May 3rd, 2014, 7:31 am

Name (first name only): Cameron
Character Name: Illoftond-Azgalor
Class: Shaman
Level: 90 (ilvl 542)
Main Spec: Restoration
Off Spec: Enhancement (ilvl 536)
Trade skills: Jewelcrafter

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
X 3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of -- I am still working on downing normal SoO bosses but I would like to move on to heroics afterward.
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I have completed all the flex wings and the first wing of normal SoO. I used to raid back in cataclysm and the farthest I got was killing heroic Halfus Wyrmbreaker.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I'm still in it.

How did you find out about our guild?
Trade ad.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
No.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
1 arms warrior - ilvl 536. neglected prot spec ilvl 499

What are your play times?
Whenever

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
All of them

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Absolutely

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Ask Mr Robot

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yes, quite a bit, but my current guild usually pays for all my gems/enchants.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: the spirit flask, I think its called flask of falling leaves if i remember correctly.
- Well Fed: pandaren noodle soup
- Potion:

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
Whatever ask mr. robot says.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
Whatever ask mr. robot says

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I like the fight against Thok. It is challenging and fun. I'm looking forward to normal Garrosh.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
Youtube - FatbossTV

Please link your armory profile:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ond/simple
Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Not really.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
No

draven

Post by draven » May 3rd, 2014, 3:44 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. you appear to be in your ele / pvp gear so I can't review your character at the moment. i also have a couple other comments:
thisiscameron wrote:
- Ranks
- About Us
yes / no / maybe so?
thisiscameron wrote: What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
Whatever ask mr. robot says.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
Whatever ask mr. robot says
ask mr. robot is extremely useful, but you also need to understand how to use it and why it is telling you to follow a particular strategy. by default for a resto shaman, it will prioritize spirit over everything else and aim for a relatively low haste cap, so if you do not alter the settings you will probably end up with too much spirit and not enough haste, therefore not maximizing the potential of your character.

thisiscameron

Post by thisiscameron » May 3rd, 2014, 7:33 pm

you appear to be in your ele / pvp gear so I can't review your character at the moment.
I logged out in my resto gear but for some reason my armory page wasn't updating. hopefully it will soon.
thisiscameron wrote:

- Ranks
- About Us

yes / no / maybe so?
Yes I have read and understand the following posts.
ask mr. robot is extremely useful, but you also need to understand how to use it and why it is telling you to follow a particular strategy. by default for a resto shaman, it will prioritize spirit over everything else and aim for a relatively low haste cap, so if you do not alter the settings you will probably end up with too much spirit and not enough haste, therefore not maximizing the potential of your character.
I would like to learn more about altering the settings to maximize the potential of my character.

thisiscameron

Post by thisiscameron » May 4th, 2014, 10:37 am

Resto gear is up, here's another link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ond/simple

draven

Post by draven » May 4th, 2014, 10:56 am

thanks, everything looks pretty good to me. the current setup for your gear level looks good, but you will start getting to the point where you should set a limit on your spirit. that limit is mainly based on your play style and what you are comfortable with, and really the only way to figure it out is to try different amounts and see how things go. if you find you always have plenty of mana, you have too much spirit. if you go oom before the end of the fight or struggle between mana tide totems, then you have too little spirit and / or your healing style is inefficient. personally, i've found that something between 14-15k spirit works pretty well. in ask mr. robot, you can click on the "edit weights" button at the top and set a spirit cap and it will take care of everything else for you.

you can also set your desired haste cap with those settings. you are probably fine where you are, but eventually you will want to gear towards the 33.29% cap. a quick overview of the caps can be found here:
http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration-sh ... haste-caps

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

thisiscameron

Post by thisiscameron » May 15th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Hello Draven.

I have recently been banned, about a week or two ago. I received no warning or suspension, blizz jumped straight to banning me as this is my 2nd offense. I don't know when or if I will be back, the best I can do is send tickets in to blizzard since they removed the support telephone.

My life has fallen to shambles.

Free Illoftond.