raider rank 4/29

rank information and character reviews / questions
draven

raider rank 4/29

Post by draven » April 30th, 2013, 12:03 am

greetings! starting with promotions at the beginning of this tier, i'm going to create a thread for each week and list the issues that i've found for those that do not pass inspection. i am generally picky about these things since i want people to get into the habit of always having their gear in order. please do not sign up for the raider event if your character obviously does not meet the requirements, as you're just wasting my time. if you repeatedly sign up without fixing issues i've already listed, i will not be pleased. if you have any questions feel free to reply here.

mikeolmeda:
weapon, glove, leg, foot enchants

mike.olmeda

Re: raider rank 4/29

Post by mike.olmeda » April 30th, 2013, 10:31 am

Hey thanks a lot for posting this. I was actually going to message you asking what i was missing, but i just saw this post thanks a lot man

criksus

Post by criksus » April 30th, 2013, 10:42 am

Hey mike, the armory is actually a great tool to show you what you are missing. If you go to your profile in the armory, and switch to advanced display (its right above your total ilvl, there is a tool called the character audit; it will show you what you're missing. For example, this is what shows up for you right now.
Attachments
audit.png
(803.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

criksus

Post by criksus » April 30th, 2013, 10:43 am

also, askmrrobot.com is a great tool to tell you what goes in those slots.

another picture, this one shows what you need to add to take full advantage of all the upgrade slots available in your gear
Attachments
optimized gear.png
(53.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Phaul

Post by Phaul » April 30th, 2013, 5:40 pm

I wouldn't recommend strictly following the default builds on Ask Mr. Robot because the weights are more optimized for heroic content. I suggest looking at stat priorities on Icy-Veins and going from there. As a Prot Paladin for normal raiding content, Ask Mr. Robot prioritizes Stamina over Haste/Mastery, even though I'm at 622k HP unbuffed. I find that this amount is fine for normal content and more Haste would help with my active mitigation. Also, it always seems like I can get closer to the Hit/Expertise cap compared to Ask Mr. Robot's guide, though I haven't really messed with stat weight editing all that much.

criksus

Post by criksus » May 1st, 2013, 10:06 am

Yeah I agree, I've found askmrrobot hard to play around with the weights and exp/hit caps. Another one I've been using lately is wowreforge.com, which I use solely to get my hit and exp to their respective caps. But icyveins is definitely the way to go for tweaking your stats. I was just suggesting askmrrobot to get him to the point where he can get raider rank, and then he can work from there.