joint raids with pinkbird mentalinstitute

guild news, policies, and raid information
draven

joint raids with pinkbird mentalinstitute

Post by draven » March 2nd, 2013, 11:07 am

greetings! as has been referred to over the past week or so, we are working on putting together joint raids with pinkbird mentalinstitute, with the goal of assisting each other when needed, as well as to try to push progression on monday's if possible. there is a new sub-forum with relevant information here. this is a work in progress as we figure things out, but it is important to remember that there will be an adjustment period, since we likely do things different ways, and we should all be mature enough to work out any confusion or issues that may arise without nerd raging. it should also be noted that not everyone will be interested in raiding more than our standard two days a week, which is fine, as no one should feel obligated to raid more than they want.

this past week was a bit of an experiment to see how things worked out, and it seems there was some confusion about the way things will work with lockouts and stuff, so i will try to use this week as an example of how i envision things working. starting on monday, we used our furthest progressed lockout for a joint raid, which was on un'sok. we killed him and played with empress a bit, which left us all with a 5/6 lockout in heart of fear. since we are only raiding normal mode and lockouts are not shared, we are free to do whatever we like with our lockouts for our regular raids. however, we started fresh in heart of fear tuesday and then didn't have enough people thursday, so now most of us have a 2/6 lockout. pinkbird elected to extend the lockout from last week and killed empress (with inori and i) and moved on to terrace of endless spring, where we killed protectors (with inori, shaklin, and i) as well. their intent is to continue with terrace sunday, and then monday for the joint raid we would in theory use the most progressed lockout, which will be wherever they are in terrace, assuming it hasn't been cleared. i expect that we will always use the most progressed lockout on mondays for the joint raid, since that should leave the highest number of available characters to make a feasible raid without having to worry about lockout issues.

that said, i realize that people were hoping to get a heart of fear clear in before the patch, which may still be possible monday since i have a 4/6 lockout, assuming enough people can make it. however, we can't ever assume that we will be able to make a group on monday's that will work on content that has already been completed during one of the main raids, since at this point we are relying on character's from both guilds to make a full raid. therefore if there is something we want to accomplish, we should make sure that we do it during our main raids, since we can't expect that there will be any or enough spots in pinkbird's raids, or that we will have enough people / characters to accomplish anything on monday's. i think that was a source of confusion this week that i didn't realize, since inori made a point of saving the 5/6 lockout on my rogue which was then just used last night, since i assumed that pinkbird would kill empress during their raids and therefore we would be working on terrace on monday. re-reading this paragraph, it seems there was a lot of assuming done on my part, so my apologies for not communicating things more clearly.

anyway, if anyone has any questions / comments / issues / suggestions / whatever, please let me know!