Team Tuesday - 8/28 Dude Where's My Druid?

guild news, policies, and raid information
Drumble

Post by Drumble » August 29th, 2007, 5:33 am

HAHAHAA the pacing - the timing - coming up with the titles to these posts -- pure COMEDY GOLD!  Another great night -- skipping Maiden, we ended up with enough time and gumption to clear Shade -- not much trash left, and our pick of the boss order.  Great job guys!  Here was the lineup:Quani / Dudepal / Killean / Chuunks / Faethon / Krikor / Mahonri / Kaittlynn / Benvolo / SniperDamn this random loot!  I'm glad we got some usable stuff -- wish we could have geared up Benvolo/Sniper instead of those blasted shards. 9(!!) total.  Hopefully tonight will be all mage/hunter loots (everyone pray for the Prince Bow!).Here was the haul, plus some notes/learning experience I had on the fights:Attumen - ... :Shard -- Steelhawk CrossbowFaethon -- Gauntlets of Renewed HopeMoroes - Shadow Priest, Prot. Warrior (shackled), Ret. Paladin (shackled), Holy Priest (trapped).  Focus frame on Moroes FTW on this fight .. uhh, we didn't do it but we should have.  Sniper suggested that he could misdirect to one of the tanks to pad the threat -- brilliant!:Shard -- Belt of Gale ForceFaethon -- Edgewalker Long BootsOpera - Big Bad Wolf - ... :Shard -- Wolfslayer Sniper RifleShard -- Libram of Souls RedeemedCurator ... Faethon was the bolt soaker, and we had him pull off to tank the 10th Astral Flare -- IMHO that didn't work so well since we were really struggling to catch up on the next batch of flares, there were two up pretty consitantly and the damage done during that first evocation was great (56%ish), but not so substantial that I think it was good to have left it alive because of the chaos during Flare round #2.  We still required 3 evocations to down him (though the last was just for 18% or so).  I think it's great to have the rogues peel off and burst damage the Curator, but we need to be ready for the next batch of flares when they spawn - so whoever "takes" that last one should be able to kill it in those 10 secs (so probably >1 person):Shard -- Wrynn Dynasty GreavesFaethon -- T4 GlovesShade of Aran - Someone triggered the event early!!!  EEEEK!  Good reason to buff down below, GREAT job pulling it together.  I LOVE this fight.  I've been equipping my Arcane Resist trinket for both the stamina and some added resistance to the one spell we dont interrupt, if you have a spare spot it might be worth it:Killean -- Pendant of the Violet EyeShard -- Steelspine FaceguardTerestian Illhoof -- Kaittlynn / Benvolo great job on the adds!  Faethon great job picking up Kil'rek and timing his death!  Everyone great job killing those demonic chains fast!  (Even when he's at 7% -- unless it's called out to let someone die, great job!)  .. Great job!  Great job!:Faethon -- Terestian's Stranglestaff (!!!!!)Chuunks -- Fool's BaneI've been playing around with the Fool's Bane and now I believe it to be a better tanking weapon than the King's Defender even.  The KD gives added mitigation and +hit (which is godly for threat generation), but being that most of my threat is generated through white damage / Heroic Strikes -- and now that I figured out my little "Devastate goof", even with only 320 mace skill I'm hitting much harder.  I think Mahnalor with his human racial (+5 mace skill) could even rock it better.  I'm going to beseech the warrior forum for some advice ...

Han

Post by Han » August 29th, 2007, 8:14 am

Aaaarrggghh!!!  The boots!!!! Noooooo.  :)  Great job everyone, nice to see those druid loots put to a use.  It would have been real terrible to finally get the staff and have to shard it.-Scott

Drumble

Post by Drumble » August 30th, 2007, 5:07 am

I think we can comfortably say "Farm Status" at this point.  We one shotted all the bosses, with the exception of a really really terrible druid dying early string of Infernals.    Kidding of course -- you know I love you man!Great run everyone!   My big regret is that Benvolo didn't get a single drop .. For the record, I'm of the mindset (and I'm not the great decider, this is my opinion) that if you start out the instance, you should have a guaranteed spot to finish it.  I know this has caused some confusion and frustration .. but that's my take on how it should be done.Chess:Shard - Battlescar BootsShard - Trypt. Shield of the Never Used to Drop, now Always DoesNetherspite -- Woe be he who Killean relieves!  Hehe - gonna have to set up a replacement for RED phase #3 before we go in next time:Chuunks -- Mantle of AbrahmisShard -- Spiteblade   Prince:Quani -- T4 HelmMahonri -- Farstrider WildercloakChuunks -- Gorehowl   Nightbane:  Flawless victory!  I'm feeling more and more confident about this guy.  I got the debuff each time when Nightbane was in the air, which is AWESOME because not only was I paying strict attention to it and kept away, but it fills my raid bucket a-plenty so I'm ready when he lands.  Focus Fire FTW on those Skeletons too.  Great job everyone!Shard -- Dragonheart FlameshieldKaittlynn -- Talisman of NightbaneMaiden of Virtue:Faethon -- Bands of IndwellingFaethon -- Mitts of the Treemender

Hardwigg

Post by Hardwigg » August 30th, 2007, 9:40 am

Hopefully starting next week I can join the raiding full-time again.  This is my last week on this job; don't know what's coming up next, but I'm sure I can be there Tuesday next week and Wednesday for the Gruul's raid. Anyway, hoping to adopt a more regular schedule soon.  I miss regular raid nights, but I do enjoy the fact that it's down to only 2 nights a week.  Doing more in less time is preferred.

Sniper

Post by Sniper » August 31st, 2007, 10:15 am

And again no bow from prince arghhhh Bastard should drop it next week In those 2 nights my repair bill went way way down :)