Name:  Matt
IRL Age: 15
Character Name: Smoky
Level: 70
Spec: Shadow
Trade skills: 375 Tailoring 263 Enchanting
Heroic Keys: All
Karazhan Key? Yes
PvP or PvE focus (what spec will you raid with)? I raid with shadow unless needed to heal (only about 1500 healing) Have you read and do you understand the "Before you apply -- READ THIS FIRST!!!" sticky post in this forum? Yes

What is your raid experience? Full clear all up to 5/6 SSC, 2/4 TK, 1/5 MH (Downed rage but have attempted Anertheron)

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? lack of progression, people leaving

Does anyone in our guild know you? Ursalog (atilez is my friend he's applied) How many alts do you have and is this your main? This is my main and all my alts are very low level

What are your play times? Usually whenever I can What of our raid times would you be able to make? All unless something comes up Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Yes Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? I do try and get the best gems I can afford, however I've never fully enchanted all my gear, money has always been a problem there What potion/elixir consumables will you bring to a raid (be specific)?   Flask of Pure Death, Super Mana Potions What food food consumables will you bring to the raid (be specific)? Crunchy Serpent / Blackened Basilisk (23 spell dmg 20 spirit) What is the (spell) hit your class needs to be viable in a raid? 78 with 5/5 shadow focus What is your favorite boss fight and why?   What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? It's a tie between Netherspite (I like seeing big numbers) and The Lurker Below (good strategy but not too hard)....I'm looking forward to all the T6 bosses and sunwell almost all equally! What boss mod do you use? Deadly Boss Mods, sometimes Xperl Unit Frames What website do you use to read up on encounters proactively? Wowikki Anything you want to tell us? I do have horrid luck at drops for gear...then if my piece of gear finally does drop, I get outrolled on it = /   However I am a determined raider and while my gear may not be that pretty I am persistent and will keep coming back every time theres a raid to wtfpwn that boss again! Link your armory profile --- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... th&n=Smoky Anything I missed or you want to tell us? Nope.

Daghi

Smoky Application (Shadow Priest)

Post by Daghi » July 20th, 2008, 1:57 am

Daghi's first impressions:
Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? I do try and get the best gems I can afford, however I've never fully enchanted all my gear, money has always been a problem there
The use of the word never here is pretty unsettling.
Anything you want to tell us? I do have horrid luck at drops for gear...then if my piece of gear finally does drop, I get outrolled on it = /   However I am a determined raider and while my gear may not be that pretty I am persistent and will keep coming back every time theres a raid to wtfpwn that boss again!
Looks like you're pretty concerned w/ loot. Although you could just be saying this more to explain why your own gear is what it is. Unsure. I'm also not a caster/spriest expert so yeah. bleh i'm not much help on this one.

Han

Post by Han » July 20th, 2008, 10:09 am

Smoky, thanks for applying.  Before we can even consider your application, you will have to spend the time/money on enchanting your gear.  We don't allow anyone to come to a progression raid without fully enchanted gear and all appropriate consumables.  With the new daily quests, you really should have no problems whatsoever getting your gear properly enchanted.  It seems more like an issue of where your playing time priorities lie.  Think about what you do when you log on.... Do you immediately look at your raiding set of gear and think about any possible you can upgrade it, even a slight upgrade?  Or do you hang out in battelgrounds and complain about how little money you have? 
This is not meant to be a knock on you or your toon, but I want you to understand what we expect from our raiders.  If you are not squeezing every drop out of your character, we don't have room in our progression raids for you.  We have too many dedicated people who have been here from the beginning and are spending time grinding cash to maximize their impact on our raids.  This is what we want from you.  I suggest you think about whether you really want to join a tier 6 raiding guild, and if you do, spend the time, do your dailies, get your gear enchanted and gemmed properly and then reapply.  If you are not sure about which gems or enchants you should be using, look at this profile as an example of a properly kitted-out raiding shadow priest: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&n=Amelya   Thanks again for applying, and we encourage you to get some things in order and reapply.  Unfortunately, in your current state, we do not have room for you.

Smoky

Post by Smoky » July 20th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Thank you for taking the time to look at my application. I always come prepared with consumables to a raid. And, -to explain some of my non-enchanted gear- I've always been waiting for a piece of gear worthwile to enchant, I don't like the idea of enchanting kara loots and such because every time I raid I'm thinking I'll get a better one and enchant that. But, I do realize this is a very foolish way to think and I shall try and get my stuff gemmed/enchanted better.    Perhaps in the future. --Smoky