Name: Alwen
IRL Age: 31
Character Name: Hellie
Level: 70
Spec: Holy
Trade skills: Alchemy (Potion)/Herbalism
Heroic Keys: Everything except Arc
Karazhan Key? Will work on it
PvP or PvE focus (what spec will you raid with)? I like both, but I am willing to spec with PVE focus Have you read and do you understand the "Before you apply -- READ THIS FIRST!!!" sticky post in this forum? Yes and absolutely like what I have read.

What is your raid experience? Kara, ZA (first two bosses), SSC (4 bosses), TK (1 boss), Hyjal (1 boss)

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? I am looking for a more mature guild.

Does anyone in our guild know you? Gotcookies (We raid Kara together) How many alts do you have and is this your main? This is my main, and I levelled this priest as holy spec even though it took longer and harder, as I believed in being familiar with my priest from lvl 1 makes me be a better healer. I have couple alts, but I like healing so much that I haven't touch my other alts for a while (they're around level 10-31)

What are your play times? EST but I go with raid times and I am a night owl. What of our raid times would you be able to make? All Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Yes Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? Yes. I did BG for 1 1/2 week before I turned 70, to get 6-7 bg gear, as I want to be ready to run kara with decent gear. I don't want to be the burden of the raid. I am using + 18 healing gems right now, and I will change to + 22 healing and spirit gems when I have better gear. What potion/elixir consumables will you bring to a raid (be specific)?  Elixir of Healing Power, Elixir of Dranei Wisdom etc.  I usually bring 15-20 mana pots, 5 healing pots (at least) and 10 Mad Alchemist's Potion to the raid when I rezzed by soulstone and need a quick boost (I have Redeemer's Alchemist Stone as my trinket) What food food consumables will you bring to the raid (be specific)? Golden Fish Sticks What is the (spell) hit your class needs to be viable in a raid? I have + 2066 bonus healing What is your favorite boss fight and why?   What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? Opera in Kara (just because I'm a musian), but I enjoy all the boss fight. I like Leo from SSC, because I get to kill the inner demon. I am looking forward to all future bosses, as I love challenge and I love to get bosses down! What boss mod do you use? Omen, and Deadly boss What website do you use to read up on encounters proactively? wowwiki, thottbot, youtube, wowinsider etc. Anything you want to tell us? I am a mature player who wants to progress and have fun. Reliable (on time, prepared, no afk)  and nice personality (won't cause drama, layback and helpful); I believe in team work and communication, take instructions and constructive comments very well. I don't mind people give me advice, I will always analysis it and takes what benefit me/team the most. I have goals and I am a active player. Link your armory profile --- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&n=Hellie (My build right now is for pve/pvp, but I am going to respec to more pve focus) Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

helliebellie

Holy Priest

Post by helliebellie » June 20th, 2008, 3:28 am

Forogt to mention, I've also done Gruul and Mag. I have all proper enchants except maybe cloak. I checked out many priests gear/build from wowarmory.com; I kept my enchants up to date and I tried to make sure I got my new gear enchant within the next day or two. For example, right now I have couple healing gems ready for my next item, and I have been farming Primal Life and other Primals for future enchant. I also spent time to get rep. for different enchant (HH for head enchant, Scryers for shoulder enchant, Shattered Sun Offensive for Reedmer's Alchemist Stone receipe, Sha'tar for Aclemist's Stone receipe etc.) I have a list of all my "reachable" update gears and I set goals to get them. My next update will be 150 badges for Gavel of Naaru Blessings.   

Drumble

Holy Priest

Post by Drumble » June 20th, 2008, 6:52 am

helliebellie wrote
Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? I am looking for a more mature guild.

What are your play times? EST but I go with raid times and I am a night owl. What is your favorite boss fight and why?   What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? Opera in Kara (just because I'm a musian), but I enjoy all the boss fight. I like Leo from SSC, because I get to kill the inner demon. I am looking forward to all future bosses, as I love challenge and I love to get bosses down!
(Snipped your post down to reflect my responses) First ... mature means a couple things.  I hope you mean "adult" - because some of us (especially those who have known each other for along time) can get pretty umm ... "affectionately abusive?" to each other.   I guess we're mostly mature ... just that stood out to me. Secondly .. I'm so tired this morning .... EST is murderous raid schedule for us.  We start invites at 10:30 our time, usually pull around 11.  My wife caps my playtime to 2am (though I can stretch it a little).  Having kids -- I'm up at the same time every morning regardless.  Just  understand what you're getting yourself into.   BTW --- my Indian Guide name is "Night Owl". :D Thirdly .. Leo gives me heartburn, chasing him around trying to  regain threat on form swaps/WW ends.   I like the fight -- when we do it right. Fourthly .. I think your application looks golden.  You have a healthy attitude and sound like you would make a worthy addition to our raid team.  Please respond to this post with any questions you might have for us or chat with an officer in game, lets see about getting you in raid this next week!  

Han

Holy Priest

Post by Han » June 20th, 2008, 8:32 am

Hellie - your application looks great, and your gear speaks for itself.  I am the current healing lead in Forged Alliance, and you would make a great addition to our healing ranks.  I am probably going to ask that you spec circle of healing, since we have a spirit priest already, and they don't stack.  Circle is also amazing for the BT/Hyjal content with all the incoming raid damage.  I will keep an eye out for you this weekend to get you an invite.

helliebellie

Holy Priest

Post by helliebellie » June 20th, 2008, 10:33 am

I do mean "Adult" - not spamming in trade channel, not having racist comment/highly inappropriate topic when a female's around or be rude to each other, try the best and work as a team instead of trying to top the damage/healing meter and pull aggro from tank etc. Hahaaaa... I love how you use "Affectionately abusive"! That's hilarious! Well... I stay up pretty late usually (probably after 2a.m., but who's counting the time 8-p). I have been raiding for the past three weeks with Matix and so far I am okay with the schedules (they have similar raiding schedule). That's awesome to have your guide name as "Night Owl", I wish I have something cool like that. I guess Leo let me get on my "wild" side - feel like I can kick some serious butt when I have to (even though the demon is not that hard to get rid of), that's why I like that fight a lot. And it's funny to see a holy priest can take down the inner demon while main tank/dps can't (although it's not that funny when it wiped us all afterwards). I like any fight when the team do it right!  Thanks for considering my application, and I am looking forward to speak with any of you soon.  

helliebellie

Holy Priest

Post by helliebellie » June 20th, 2008, 10:51 am

Thanks! I do have Circle of Healing (I just double checked to make sure), I will get rid of Light Well. Currenlty I have Holy Nova for AB use (stop horde getting flags when I have to stall time for alliance to come), but I will change it if you need me to. I know I am having pve/pvp gear mixed for right now, but I am trying to use the one that gives me the best stats - Better Health, Better Mana regen and Better Bonus Healing. Thank you agian 8-) I am very excited about joining your guild!  

Britt

Holy Priest

Post by Britt » June 23rd, 2008, 7:37 am

Well if it counts you have my vote! =) You did an awesome job in the ZA run the other night, and from me pm'ing you and bugging the crap outta ya i can tell you have a great personality and will be a great addition to the guild. So if your already in by the time you read this welcome to the guild.

For the record, East Coast people are the bomb!!!!!