Name: Hunter
IRL Age: 17
Character Name: Gigantor
Level: 70
Spec: 17/0/44
Trade skills: Enchanting/Engineering
Heroic Keys: HH, Auchidoun, CR
Karazhan Key? YES
PvP or PvE focus (what is your spec too)? Both, like to get more PvE geared, but good at PvP Have you read and do you understand the "Before you apply -- READ THIS FIRST!!!" sticky post in this forum?
YES
What is your raid experience (none is fine, we're just trying to get a measure)?
Kara, Gruuls, ZA Does anyone in our guild know you? Pentamino that im positive is in guild How many alts do you have and is this your main?
3, YES
What are your play times? Varies on Job and im on a lot and will be availible when asked What of our raid times would you be able to make?  Mostly all of them Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? ONLY if neccessary Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? On Enchants, i cant make my own gear and Epix Gems i just dont have enough money for lol What potion/elixir consumables will you bring to a raid (be specific)?    I usually bring Spicy Hot talkbuk, and i forget the other 2 foods, but there hit/agil foods and also Elixer of Attack :O What food food consumables will you bring to the raid (be specific)? lol as said before :O look up What is the (spell) hit your class needs to be viable in a raid? What is your favorite boss fight and why?   What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? dunno, Illidan, glaives baybe What boss mod do you use? deadly boss mods What website do you use to read up on encounters proactively?  none. Anything you want to tell us? i plan on getting geared and am very determined Link your armory profile --- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Gigantor Anything I missed or you want to tell us? i think id do decent in ur guild id like to move up though

Daghi

Gigantor- 70 Rogue

Post by Daghi » June 19th, 2008, 1:39 am

I am not an officer, I have no say in your application process, but as an active guild member who wants this guild to succeed:
Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? ONLY if neccessary What is the (spell) hit your class needs to be viable in a raid? (you didn't answer this question, did you just skip over it accident, or just not know?) What website do you use to read up on encounters proactively?  none. Anything you want to tell us? i plan on getting geared and am very determined
The above are MASSIVE RED FLAGS that you have the wrong attitude to be in FA. We've had countless gear mongers come and go rather quickly in here when they realized that on a whole the guild is about progressing through the game and not OMG FAT LOOTS. If you are serious about raiding and not just another loot-mongering terribad wanting to get carried through instances for gear I suggest you spend a little time on the quoted parts of your application. ps. officers, if I stepped out of line by posting this tell me and I'll refrain from making posts like this.

Dionia

Gigantor- 70 Rogue

Post by Dionia » June 19th, 2008, 4:21 am

Gigantor wrote Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? ONLY if neccessary 
                                                                                                                                      BIG NO NO, sorry, quite often it will be neccesary for you to sit out. Noone is exempt from this.
Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? On Enchants, i cant make my own gear and Epix Gems i just dont have enough money for lol
Decent gear with the correct enchants and blue quality gems is all that is required I believe, anything more shows commitment and enthusiasm towards your toon.
What potion/elixir consumables will you bring to a raid (be specific)?    I usually bring Spicy Hot talkbuk, and i forget the other 2 foods, but there hit/agil foods and also Elixer of Attack :O
Potions and elixirs, not food, what guardian and battle elixirs, or flasks would you bring?
What food food consumables will you bring to the raid (be specific)? lol as said before :O look up
This is the food question.....
What is the (spell) hit your class needs to be viable in a raid?
No answer for this one .... quite an important question too.
What is your favorite boss fight and why?   What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? dunno, Illidan, glaives baybe
No no ... not what loot are you looking forward to most ..
What website do you use to read up on encounters proactively?  none.
Wrong answer, we're all expected to read up on, and watch boss encounters before we get to them. Not just rock up and expect to have the fight explained.
Anything you want to tell us? i plan on getting geared and am very determined
You could have fibbed a bit, told us how much you're looking forward to being guilded with such a NICE bunch of people, something about a big family, progression, blah blah, not just "loot loot gimme loot" ....
Anything I missed or you want to tell us? i think id do decent in ur guild id like to move up though
What does that even mean? You'd like to move up WHERE? To a better guild when you're fully geared? ...   Thankyou Daghi, pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Drumble

Gigantor- 70 Rogue

Post by Drumble » June 19th, 2008, 6:42 am

Without going into as much detail as the previous people did --- I have a few comments. First -- "Thank you" for coming to our raid last night, we're going to start having that be a trial for all new applications.  You can really get a feel for people that goes well beyond the application, which frankly - people can easily lie about intentions and motivations.  Secondly -- "thank you again" for being honest in your application.  I'm looking for a few things in a raider, and it goes well beyond gear.  Gear is easy to get, enchants / gems / consumables -- easy easy easy.  What I'm looking for is a level of commitment that shows me you're going to work your butt off making the raid as good as possible.  I want people who want to succeed regardless of loot, that's why we kept trying at Al'ar last night despite our mistakes - it's not about loot, it's about success. I think this is not a good guild fit for you, I don't see that dedication -- I realize you didn't realize you would be invited to raid last night and had a prior committment -- but you tell us that after a few wipes and not proactively when you need to go.  Combine that with your lack of enthusiasm to read up on boss fights and your "lol Illidan, glaives baybe" comment (have you any idea how involved that fight is -- no, you dont). Good luck elsewhere.  

Benvolo

Gigantor- 70 Rogue

Post by Benvolo » June 19th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Most of what I was going to say has already been posted, so no need for me to repost that. However, remember when I said I hope I don't out dps you as fire when we did Alar?  I spent the last half of the fight dead, after throwing offspec spells in random rotations... and I out dps'd and out damaged you.  By a considerable margin.    But other than that, I agree that Forged Alliance would not be the best fit for you.  I know 25 mans aren't really what you want to do, gear is what you want.  I know there are a lot of guilds that would simply mesh better with your current gear / goals / and commitment. And thanks for coming to help us out on Wed.  My dps comment was just to prove a point, nothing personal really.