Post by Cromaximum » April 26th, 2014, 12:10 am

Name (first name only):
Character Name: Swagmuffin
Class: Hunter
Level: 90
Main Spec: Survival
Off Spec: BM
Trade skills: JC + Eng both 600

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying: yes
- Ranks: yes, I will probably be <Casual Raider>
- About Us: yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I used to raid with a horde guild in flex, some 10 man, I used to tank so I know some of the earlier bosses pretty well, looking to get into dps

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I quit wow 6 months ago then came back, instead of horde I went to alliance for a change

How did you find out about our guild?
ad in SW

Does anyone in our guild know you?
not that I know of

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
this is my main, i have a 90 druid, priest, lock, pally, all horde (Except hunter)

What are your play times?
Weekdays usually 8pm EST and so on, weekends I can play all day

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
any, just as long as it doesn't interfere with school, (ends at 2:15pm EST)

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
sure, I don't claim to be an expert and if anyone is better suited for a fight, by all means switch me out.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
wow armory

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
sufficient, but not a huge amount of time

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: buff for bosses
- Well Fed: buff for bosses
- Potion: taking damage? not sure

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
7.5%

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
I typically reference sites like noxxic, icy veins, or askmrrobot for advice on gemming

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
7.5% hit, 7.5% expertise, agility>crit>haste>mastery

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Nazgrim, not sure why I just like it, I haven't fought Garrosh past LFR so looking forward to doing it some time in the future

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
icy veins

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... fin/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I know I am not 21+ but you can expect complete maturity from me, I am a pretty geeky guy and I spent a lot of time building my pc and messing with components, definitely an introvert and not your typical annoying teenager. I am also not a wow expert despite playing for about a year and a half, I am willing to learn and take constructive criticism from experience players in order to improve the way I play.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

draven

Re: Raid App

Post by draven » April 26th, 2014, 12:55 am

greetings, thanks for the app! you do not quite meet the requirements for the raider rank, but it looks like you're still gearing up. we can invite you as a casual raider for now and you may request a promotion to raider when your character is ready. a few comments:
Cromaximum wrote: What are your play times?
Weekdays usually 8pm EST and so on, weekends I can play all day
we are mostly west coast peoples, which means you should be aware that our raids generally start at 11pm eastern and end around 2am eastern in case that is an issue.
Cromaximum wrote: Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: buff for bosses
- Well Fed: buff for bosses
- Potion: taking damage? not sure
the correct answers for these are the agility related consumables:
flask: flask of spring blossoms
food: sea mist rice noodles or pandaren treasure noodle soup
potions: virmen's bite, and it is handy to have some master healing potions just in case.
flasks and food are generally provided for you, potions are not.
Cromaximum wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I know I am not 21+ but you can expect complete maturity from me, I am a pretty geeky guy and I spent a lot of time building my pc and messing with components, definitely an introvert and not your typical annoying teenager. I am also not a wow expert despite playing for about a year and a half, I am willing to learn and take constructive criticism from experience players in order to improve the way I play.
my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue.

i think that's it, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

Cromaximum

Re: Raid App

Post by Cromaximum » April 26th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Thanks a bunch Draven! I am on as of now and probably will be until very late today, so any time you could send me a guild invite would be nice! thanks!