tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Ollevak

Ollevak BM/MW 950 Monk

Post by Ollevak » January 29th, 2018, 11:58 am

Name (first name only): Nick
Character Name: Ollevak
Realm: Cenarius
Class: Monk
Level: 110 (950-951 Ilvl Depending on leggo's/situation)
Main Spec: Brewmaster
Off Spec(s): Mistweaver

I would main either of these specs. I am currently a main tank for my current guild and have never healed in a raid environment but have done a lot of high mythic plus and feel the transition would be very easy. I enjoy reading all about my character/spec to min/max as much as I can. I would do whatever the guild needed between these two specs and always tank/heal mythic plus as I enjoy pushing them as well.

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying - Yes
- Ranks - Yes
- About Us - Yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
I have never progressed mythic before but have cleared Normal/Heroic for almost all raids. Progressing at the pace of the guild is the main goal. If we can do mythic then more power to us :).
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... us/ollevak
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ius/olevak

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
NH 10/10 Normal 4/10 Heroic Prot Paladin
ToS 9/9 Normal Protection Paladin
ToS 9/9 Heroic Brewmaster Monk
AtBT 11/11 Normal 4/11 Heroic Vengeance Demon Hunter

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I have been with this guild since BC, however with my family (Wife and 2 daughters) I can only raid specific nights and my current guild I am a main tank and cannot make the raid nights consistently and they are not planning to change the raid nights. I love the people but I would like to progress on a guild that has good raid times and matches with my schedule.

How did you find our guild?
I found this guild on the Proudmoore forums looking for Tues/Thurs guilds.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
I generally will sim my character for DPS and look at most benefit for Tanking/Healing. I read up in the class discords and use those to help me make a decision since Healing and Tanking are hard to sim for gems.

What consumables do you use during raids?
Flasks/Suramar Feast were provided in my current guild but I am an alchemist so I can make these as well as augment runes.
But to answer the question Flasks, Food, Augment Runes

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
ElvUI, Threatplates, Angry Keystones, Brewmaster Tools, Clique, DBM, GTFO, SimulationCraft (Raidbots), Skada, World Quest Tracker

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I am really looking for a permanent home that I can have fun as this game is a nice relaxing event for me, but I always like to challenge myself which is why I enjoy raiding and pushing mythic +. I would like a guild that is not going anywhere that can raid normal/heroic and push mythic if/when we get enough people. I am loyal as you can see from my longtime standing with my current guild. I also like to have a somewhat active member base so we can get mythic + groups together as I currently PUG these to get my weekly chest. I don't get to play as much as I like so when I get on outside of raid times I do my dailies, weekly and then like to push mythic + to improve my character.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
I think it was fairly simple, a form instead of the copy paste is a nice addition but when applying to a guild I don't think an extra step is bad so it can filter out those who do not want to take an extra second to follow instructions.

Take care!
- Nick

draven

Re: Ollevak BM/MW 950 Monk

Post by draven » January 29th, 2018, 11:17 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me.
Ollevak wrote:
January 29th, 2018, 11:58 am
I would main either of these specs. I am currently a main tank for my current guild and have never healed in a raid environment but have done a lot of high mythic plus and feel the transition would be very easy. I enjoy reading all about my character/spec to min/max as much as I can. I would do whatever the guild needed between these two specs and always tank/heal mythic plus as I enjoy pushing them as well.
we are currently set for tanks, but mistweaver would work. the main difference in raid healing is probably that it is easier to get lost in raid frames and either miss mechanics or try to do too much. also, there are times when healers have to coordinate, usually to cover healing responsibilities or cooldowns.
Ollevak wrote:
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
I have never progressed mythic before but have cleared Normal/Heroic for almost all raids. Progressing at the pace of the guild is the main goal. If we can do mythic then more power to us :).
someday we may have enough people for mythic again, but heroic is the best we can do for now. the twenty person requirement for mythic hurt us but at least it allows for more laid back heroic progression.
Ollevak wrote:
Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I am really looking for a permanent home that I can have fun as this game is a nice relaxing event for me, but I always like to challenge myself which is why I enjoy raiding and pushing mythic +. I would like a guild that is not going anywhere that can raid normal/heroic and push mythic if/when we get enough people. I am loyal as you can see from my longtime standing with my current guild. I also like to have a somewhat active member base so we can get mythic + groups together as I currently PUG these to get my weekly chest. I don't get to play as much as I like so when I get on outside of raid times I do my dailies, weekly and then like to push mythic + to improve my character.
aside from transferring servers for a variety of reasons we've been stubborn enough to keep a relatively consistent raid group going since vanilla. the current incarnation of our raid team formed in cata with most of the core having raided together since mop, along with a bunch of other contributors over the years. we probably don't have enough people to run mythic+ at any given time, but it isn't very difficult to assemble a group on an agreed upon schedule.
Ollevak wrote:
Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
I think it was fairly simple, a form instead of the copy paste is a nice addition but when applying to a guild I don't think an extra step is bad so it can filter out those who do not want to take an extra second to follow instructions.
thanks for the feedback, i've thought about putting together a guild application form but it has never been a high enough priority to actually follow through with it.

anywho, i'm assuming you're planning on server transferring at some point? if so, track someone down online when that is sorted out and we can get you an invite :)

Ollevak

Post by Ollevak » January 31st, 2018, 3:06 pm

At this time I am actually going to take an opportunity to join another guild solely because of raid times. They raid an hour earlier on the same days and it works best for my family and I. Thank you for getting back and reviewing this application.

draven

Post by draven » January 31st, 2018, 11:57 pm

ok, thanks for letting us know. best of luck to you in your wow adventures!