Post by blarr » March 26th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Name (first name only): Zach
Character Name: Blarrette
Realm: Azshara
Class: Paldin
Level: 110
Main Spec: Holy
Off Spec(s): Ret

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying, yes
- Ranks, yes
- About Us, yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... tte/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Casual pugging throughout every expansion, looking to join something more consistent and challenging

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
N/A

How did you find out about our guild?
Wowprogress

Does anyone in our guild know you?
No

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
3, yes

What are your play times?
Evenings and midafternoons

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
ANy

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Yes

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Wowprogress, warcraftlogs

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Still trying to get best in slots items, but I have no problem spending the gold to enchant and gem items

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flask of the Whispered Pact, for an overall increase in healing done via intellect
- Well Fed: The Hungry Magister, for the increased crit chance on holy shock which leads to more overall healing
- Potion: Leytorrent Potion, situational emergency mana regen during a safe/transition phase. Ancient Mana Potion, quick mana regen at any point of a fight

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Neck-Mark of the Ancient Priestess
Back-Binding of Intellect
Ring-Binding of Critical Strike

Gems- one epic intellect gem, and all other slots use crit

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Krosus, I love the simplicity of a dps race with a one shot mechanic that shows you how your time is running out slowly.
Mythic Star Augur is one fight that I would love to try. The added mechanic with the star maps looks interesting even though they are fairly simple

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
Bigwigs

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
YouTube

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I don't have a ton of experience and i'm fairly sure that my wowprogess and log scores will be comparatively low to others, however, i've been playing the game for 10 years and have plenty of experience in other parts of the game that I think would translate well into a more strict raiding schedule.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
None that I see.

draven

Re: Blarrette-Azshara (110 Holy Paladin)

Post by draven » March 26th, 2017, 6:47 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. everything looks good to me, however:
blarr wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
the chances of us being able to raid mythic are pretty much zero. we had enough people for mythic during emerald nightmare but these days we struggle to have enough people for a group at all. for those reasons among others we are therefore considering server transferring the guild. if that doesn't sway your interest in joining us, please track down someone online and we can get you an invite :)