Post by Kenobi800 » March 14th, 2017, 8:06 pm

Name (first name only): Sam
Character Name: Aielia
Realm: Azgalor
Class: Demon Hunter
Level: 110
Main Spec: Havoc
Off Spec(s): None

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes.
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals. #2, I mostly just want to get to experience Normal and Heroic as part of a friendly group, should I learn well enough in those modes then I would feel comfortable progressing to Mythic.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I raided with another guild when I started in Warlords of Draenor and fully completed from HFC N - EN H. I have also had extensive raiding experience playing on the MMO SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic). However, I have not yet had the chance to enter Nighhold or fully explore the boss mechanics so I would need to be caught up on that. But, I have been watching videos and I am determined to get the chance to experience Nighthold fully before the release of Tomb of Sargeras.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Right before Nighthold was released the raid team of my current guild suffered a massive exodus of people to the point where our raid team was essentially non-existant. Since then the guild has been very quiet and I've been hoping to find a new guild over spring break to get back into raiding and begin my foray into Nighthold. I've been working on my Fury Warrior instead of raiding but I've been dying to get back on my beloved Demon Hunter.

How did you find out about our guild?
A member of yours was recruiting in Dalaran and I thought you guys seemed friendly and professional. Since I've been looking for a guild desperately, I figured I'd give you guys an application.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Not that I know of.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
This is my main. I have 10 alts but the only ones that are eligible for Legion at the moment are my newly-110 Hunter and my Fury Warrior, currently 105 but I'm working to get her to 110.

What are your play times?
I play sparingly depending on when I have time, but given your raid times, they're somewhat late for me but I'm sure I can make them. If I am unable to for some reason I will be sure to let anyone I need to know. Going back to college next week, I plan on being on every afternoon for at least an hour or two.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
Both of them are fine for me.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Absolutely, I understand that as a new recruit and someone who hasn't gotten experience in Nighthold I will probably be sidelined for a while (especially as a melee DPS). But I do hope to get time in Nighthold at some point.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Usually Icy Veins, occasionally I'll go on the forums as well and discuss in the DH Discord channels.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
I believe I have. My necklace legendary is fully gemmed and enchanted but the other slots might be lacking because I had always hoped to find better gear for them.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flask of the Seventh Demon, grants agi which is my main stat.
- Well Fed: Hungry Magister/ Leybeque Ribs for their crit.
- Potion: Potion of Old War since it increases the damage I deal as a melee dps for a short amount of time.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Mostly everything just focuses on crit and agility, I also had to enchant my neck with the mark of the satyr.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
My favorite is any fight that forces players to split up and work together to solve the mechanics. Like in HFC when a team goes into the visions to fight off adds and comes back with the buff, or when you have to go into the belly for Gorefiend.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
I use Deadly Boss Mods, as I'm sure most people use.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
I usually watch the videos on Youtube by Fatboss and others. I will also go on Icy Veins or the forums.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I'd love to just be a part of a guild that is friendly and helpful. I also hope to one day get the smoldering ember wyrm. Basically, I real hope you guys give me a shot, I'm a bit behind on my DH after being off her for a month or two but I am determined to jump back into Nighthold and gear her up as well as finally knock out balance of power.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
No, it seems very detailed and thorough. Lol I had to actually look up a few things for some questions.

draven

Re: Aielia (870 Havoc DH) App.

Post by draven » March 15th, 2017, 12:20 am

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. everything looks pretty good to me, although i've a few random comments.
Kenobi800 wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals. #2, I mostly just want to get to experience Normal and Heroic as part of a friendly group, should I learn well enough in those modes then I would feel comfortable progressing to Mythic.
in case it matters, it is unlikely that we will be able to run mythic anytime soon if at all, but we're working our way through heroic. as of late we usually clear 4/10h and fill the remaining time with normal mode, but we're hoping to get heroic aluriel and etraeus down soon.
Kenobi800 wrote: Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Right before Nighthold was released the raid team of my current guild suffered a massive exodus of people to the point where our raid team was essentially non-existant.
this sounds familiar, we have been struggling with the numbers boss since around when trial of valor was released, but we try to at least do something every week.
Kenobi800 wrote: Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Absolutely, I understand that as a new recruit and someone who hasn't gotten experience in Nighthold I will probably be sidelined for a while (especially as a melee DPS). But I do hope to get time in Nighthold at some point.
surprisingly it isn't unusual for us to have zero melee, and you should be fine for normal mode and at least the heroic farm bosses.
Kenobi800 wrote: Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
I believe I have. My necklace legendary is fully gemmed and enchanted but the other slots might be lacking because I had always hoped to find better gear for them.
you will find that i'm pretty picky about enchants and gems, you should at least have cheap enchants for rings / cloak as every bit helps. also in case you're not aware, you can pick up a quest in dalaran that will allow you to upgrade your legendaries to ilvl 940.
Kenobi800 wrote: What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
My favorite is any fight that forces players to split up and work together to solve the mechanics. Like in HFC when a team goes into the visions to fight off adds and comes back with the buff, or when you have to go into the belly for Gorefiend.
i suspect you did not get to experience mythic gorefiend, which may or may not have been the bane of our existence for a while :(
Kenobi800 wrote: What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
I use Deadly Boss Mods, as I'm sure most people use.
a buff / debuff tracking mod such as weak auras or tell me when are useful as well.
Kenobi800 wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I'd love to just be a part of a guild that is friendly and helpful.
we try to not suck and people are usually helpful, although sometimes it may require being persistent about pestering people in gchat.
Kenobi800 wrote: I also hope to one day get the smoldering ember wyrm.
this reminds me that this is also on my todo list.
Kenobi800 wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
No, it seems very detailed and thorough. Lol I had to actually look up a few things for some questions.
it may be a bit much, but we find that people who are willing to put the effort into the application generally work out much better.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

Kenobi800

Re: Aielia (870 Havoc DH) App.

Post by Kenobi800 » March 16th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Hi, just realized you guys responded. I've been working on gearing my now-110 warrior Cyracia so if you guys could whisper/invite her (I couldn't seem to find anyone just asking for Forged Alliance in Dal Gen chat) that'd be awesome!