Dyosa Holy Priest

Post by JordanBoi » August 22nd, 2016, 9:01 pm

Name (first name only): Jordan
Character Name: Dyosa
Realm: Destromath
Class: Priest
Level: 100
Main Spec: Holy
Off Spec: Shadow/Disc (If you want a Disc healer instead)
Trade skills: Alchemy/Tailoring

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying yes
- Ranks yes
- About Us yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient Yes
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression When I'm out of high school
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... osa/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I did a lot of raid progression back in Wrath of the Lich King (keep in mind, I was about 8 or 9, but I still did it :D ). I didn't have a lot of free time to raid during Cataclysm, but I did a bunch of Raid Finder whenever I had the chance. I took a hiatus from WoW between Mists of Pandaria and about 80% of Warlords of Draenor; therefore, I didn't get to do much raiding. However, when I came back in June of this year, I quickly raised most of my alts to 100 and played a lot of Raid Finder to get geared enough to kill Archimonde on Normal, at the very least. Because of my hiatus, my gear is fairly low on these characters. As a result, I haven't been accepted into PUG raids. Even though I taught myself all of the fights on heroic Hellfire Citadel, ilvl 700 just isn't enough :( . I hope to raid with you guys during Legion and beyond :roll: .

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I love raiding, but <The Stormwind Champions> feels predominantly PvP :x . They always say that they will eventually raid, but I've been here since July and they haven't ever planned to raid.

How did you find out about our guild?
When this guild was a little small but serious back in Burning Crusade, my dad and I were in this guild for the purpose of raiding and hanging with friends that were already in this guild.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Everyone we knew has probably already left :/. However, back in Burning Crusade, we knew Inori, Akuma (I think his name was), and Gariff (a player who has only recently returned to WoW).

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Since my dad and I share accounts, I, personally, own 8 alts. Of these personal alts, 3 are level 100: a ret pally, a havoc demon hunter, and an outlaw rogue. My dad and I kind of co-own a Demonology Lock (he leveled her, I PVP'd and raided with her). Yes, in Legion I would like to main Dyosa for PvE and my demon hunter for PvP.

What are your play times?
I will 100% be online on Friday and Saturday nights. Since I'm a high school student, my weekday and Sunday times vary depending on homework. However, I try to be on as much as I possibly can without getting B's.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
During breaks, all of them unless my family is out. However, during school days I will unfortunately make none of them unless you only need me for a couple of bosses.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Yeah, sure. That is absolutely no trouble.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Icy Veins and noxxic if they're up-to-date

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
I am a very broke account because of these things :lol: . So yes, 100%. I would rather raise my DPS or HPS than buy a mount on the auction house.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Greater Draenic Intellect or Draenic Intellect, whatever is available
- Well Fed: Buttered Sturgeon or Braised Riverbeast, whatever is available, but prefer Riverbeast
- Potion: Intellect

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
All the best enchants and gems, no matter how broke I become.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Of all World of Warcraft time? The gunship battle from ICC (if it counts) because of how great my raid sounded in our communication managing the cannons, saurfang, and the endless adds.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
Deadly Boss mods, weak auras 2

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
Icy Veins and fatboss's YouTube Channel

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I miss this guild to my very core. The amount of good times I had in Burning Crusade are just so great. Imagine a small 7 year old boy who finally discovered a place he had in this world. A child who finally felt at home in a community. This guild is what first started my love for raiding, guilds, and just World of Warcraft in general. My dad told me that we left this guild because of some internal conflict involved with someone's brother. Now that I know that you guys are still actively raiding, I want back in. I hope that my lack of availability during the school year isn't too big of an inconvenience. I started playing WoW in first grade, so I've always hadn't had a lot of time. I would love to do all I can for the guild's progression. So please, consider me for re-entry into this amazing guild. Help me return back to my original home in the World of Warcraft.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? It's perfectly fine.

draven

Re: Dyosa Holy Priest

Post by draven » August 23rd, 2016, 2:49 am

greetings, thanks for the app! there are still some people left from the bc era, i'm officially curious as to what characters you and your dad played played then. inori still plays and akuma quit at the beginning of wrath, but i do not recall anyone by the name of gariff.

my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue, and since you were previously in the guild you should be fine.

we are not actively raiding at the moment, the raid schedules and requirements for legion will be sorted out shortly after launch. if you're interested in the moose mount from heroic archimonde and are available this week we should be able to get that for you either tuesday or thursday.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

JordanBoi

Post by JordanBoi » August 23rd, 2016, 9:30 am

Thank you so much :D !

I do in fact would love the moose mount today or Thursday. The only problem is that I only run into one of your members once in about every two weeks, so it's pretty difficult to track one of you guys down.

My dad and I co-owned that Warlock back in Burning Crusade. However, in Wrath we gender changed that character and thus gave her a new name. That warlock used to be named Randalf. I also may have had my dad's warrior there, too, and his name is Creedo. We changed him to a Worgen when Cata came out, but he was a human.

And don't worry about the maturity level thing, in my previous guilds, I never told them my age so they believed I was a mature enough adult :P . Plus, if I'm acting childish in any moment in time, it might just be in my own head and I won't bring that negativity to you guys.

Thanks again for the acceptance and I hope to get the moose mount before I start school on the 29th ;) .

draven

Post by draven » August 23rd, 2016, 12:12 pm

i think i remember a warlock by the name of randalf. you can use "/who forged" to find someone online, i should be on between 8 and 9ish pacific this evening or thursday from 8 until whenever.