Name (first name only): Mandy
Character Name: Arednie
Realm: Azuremyst
Class: Shaman
Level: 100
Main Spec: resto
Off Spec: ele
Trade skills: ench/alch

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying yes
- Ranks yes
- About Us yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of Yes
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant. Been raiding since Karazhan

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? Left the UK for the USA (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/75321451). Joined current leveling guild just for that. But would like to find a proper guild home.

How did you find out about our guild? Via an event posted in Openraid today.

Does anyone in our guild know you? Nope.

How many alts do you have and is this your main? This is main, currently 5 alts.

What are your play times? 6-11pm at most, 3 times a week. (Sometimes on a Sunday).

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? all

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? yes

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)? icy veins and mr robot. (also mmo and some blogs).

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants? yes

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Greater draenic intellect
- Well Fed: salty squid roll - resto - sleeper sushi
- Potion: intellect pre-pot then intellect - resto - intellect pre-pot, then mana

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character? best enchants, best gems on BiS otherwise 2nd best.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? Shadow-Lord Iskar - I enjoy the mechanics of this fight and yet can still get off some good dps - moving around is minimal. Looking forward to mythic version.

What boss mod(s) do you use? dbm

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters? wowhead and fatboss TV

Is there anything else you want to tell us? Your guild sounds like my cup of tea. Hopefully, I'll sound okay to you too. I am very into achievements and am still sad at having left my lovely collection of mounts and pets in England. I also like running old content and doing stuff for fun.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? I would like to trial with you first, see if we all like each other.

draven

Re: Arednie - Shaman (resto/ele)

Post by draven » April 12th, 2016, 11:57 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me, but i've a few questions / comments:
how comfortable are you, and do you have any interest in, playing elemental? for whatever reason we have a lot of healers so it would be helpful if you are competent at ele, but no worries if not.
arednie wrote: What are your play times? 6-11pm at most, 3 times a week. (Sometimes on a Sunday).
i'm going to assume this is pacific time, in which case that should be fine. we sometimes go a little bit past 11 on last attempts, and on rare occasion depending on what we're working on progression-wise later than that, but i generally take a vote on such things.
arednie wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? I would like to trial with you first, see if we all like each other.
our next raid is thursday, the openraid invite is here:
http://openraid.org/events/view/291974

i shall warn you that gorefiend is hard, so assuming we're able to get past kilrogg we will likely follow that up with a bit of a wipefest while we continue to learn the encounter. if that sounds unfun, you may prefer to delay your introduction until next week.

finally, do you have any intention of transferring and joining the guild or are you only interested in crossrealm raiding? either is fine, i'm mainly just curious. thanks!

arednie

Re: Arednie - Shaman (resto/ele)

Post by arednie » April 13th, 2016, 11:55 am

Hi,

I level and quest as ele, so pretty comfortable and have tried to keep legendary rings both updating at the same time (bit tiresome and slow :( ). Also did quite a bit of heroic progress as ele until was asked to switch back to resto. I am also currently lvling a dk tank ready for xp and played Ronedra, dps monk, for quite a while during Pandaria. TBH I am probably marginally better player with resto healer just cos it's like riding a bike. But I am quite well set up for ele with helper addons etc.

yes PST. sorry.

Don't care about wipefests, soooo used to them. Actually pretty good time to hear how raiders deal with playing together. When all is hunky dorey, not so easy to suss people out.

I am looking for a guild to call home, so would transfer if I found a house (okay that didn't quite work, but I'm sure you get the picture).

Will sign up for Thursday.

Thank you... looking forward to meeting you all.